Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Dell Computers... >=[

Go down 
+6
Troublezone
Stender
DeathCult
Thrasher73
mc666
Metal Misfit
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

Dell Computers... >=[ Empty
PostSubject: Dell Computers... >=[   Dell Computers... >=[ Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 12:25 am

Long story:

So my warranty was about to expire on my PC, so I went online to Dell.com and extended it, got an email sending me my invoice for my Dell account being charged and thanking me for my order. No worries, right? WRONG!

Few days go by, I notice Dell Support Center is now saying I have no warranty. I contact Dell thru email (which is a pain itself when apparently the order # you are given is said to be invalid), they tell me the order #, and thus my order, does not exist. They then suggested that I order my warranty by phone or get this THE WEBSITE... I replied that I did and forwarded the invoice email.

They came back and said "yes, that's an order acknowledgement, you do not have an order confirmation, please call our 800 or go online to place an order". I getting really irritated at this point. I ask, what would be the point of me placing an order to get an order "acknowledgement" if I was not expecting the order to actually go through? Was I just testing the waters? I asked why I would have to place another order when I gave her my order # and she could obviously see I had already placed it and wasn't just making this up. I also asked if she could tell me why Dell did not process this order.

Again, I got the stock answer of "to place an order call this number" BUT... She left out the website this time because I mentioned that the website was where the screwup originally occurred. Anyway, she was no help.

So I call Dell, go through all these options, finally get to speak to a middle eastern chap, explain that I'm trying to get my order to go through and he tells me their systems are down and to call back later.

angry

This was a few days ago. I called back today, more options, talked to someone, transferred, ended up getting hung up on, called back again, more options, transferred, transferred, FINALLY!!!! Someone who apparently is going to help me solve this problem.

See, my main concern is not so much the original order not being placed, but I don't want to get charged any extra fees for getting a warranty because the original one expired thanks to their ignorance. I explained this to the guy and things didn't seem to be a problem. He told me the order # was invalid, which I knew, and then he wanted me to forward him the email so they could confirm and go by the original price. I had no problem doing this, but then he says I have to send it to his personal email account.

scratch

I said "And why do I need to send this to your personal email account?" ...pause... "...Well, because my work email isn't working." I said, "I don't feel comfortable doing that". And then he went on working on my order, I guess, then a few minutes later he says "you'll have to send me that email or we'll have to charge you a $49 fee for your warranty".

I said, "No thanks, I'll just call back another time" and hung up. Geez, I hate dealing with these people. They won't work with me thru email, they won't work with me thru the phone, I don't know what else to do. My warranty is expired and if something goes wrong, it's not covered. I don't know where else to turn. Preferably, I'd love to talk to an American supervisor at an American office, but I know that'll never happen.

Definitely not buying a Dell not time I need a new computer.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dell Computers... >=[   Dell Computers... >=[ Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 12:40 am

Dell isn't the only company like this. Those people over there are complete idiots, and they will rip you off if you do something like send them info to their personal e-mail. Your story is not unique, unfortunately.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Dell Computers... >=[   Dell Computers... >=[ Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 12:55 am

that's frustrating. i've never had that situation from Dell or a computer manufacturer, but from other companies. i know how it is.

Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Dell Computers... >=[   Dell Computers... >=[ Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 9:37 am

That does suck.I havent had that problem with a computer company but have with others.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Dell Computers... >=[   Dell Computers... >=[ Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 10:00 am

Dell sucks. I had enough problems with them where I'll never buy another one.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

PostSubject: Re: Dell Computers... >=[   Dell Computers... >=[ Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 1:06 pm

It was suggested, that since I can't get any help through Dell themselves, that I go to Better Business Bureau. I filed a complaint this morning, I guess I'll know something one way or other in 30 days.

What really ticks me off isn't that they let my warranty expire and failed to place my order, it's that their customer service has very little regard for providing customer service and that one guy wanting me to send information to his personal account.
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: Dell Computers... >=[   Dell Computers... >=[ Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 2:33 pm

Thats a scary story to me. My grandparents just recently bought me a Dell XPS laptop for a graduation present.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dell Computers... >=[   Dell Computers... >=[ Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 4:59 pm

dell really does suck. my laptop died after a year.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dell Computers... >=[   Dell Computers... >=[ Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 5:40 pm

It's times like these that make you want a Mac.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dell Computers... >=[   Dell Computers... >=[ Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 5:42 pm

I have both an iMac and a Sony Laptop. Its really a toss up as to which I like better. However the Dell I have at work sucks. Hard.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Dell Computers... >=[   Dell Computers... >=[ Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 7:40 pm

I have a Toshiba laptop and it hasn't givin me too many problems. I think Dell sux!
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Dell Computers... >=[   Dell Computers... >=[ Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 10:12 pm

My gf has a dell. Its almost like a toy. It wasnt expensive or anything and she doesnt really know how to do anything on it but check her mail which she barely gets lol. Every time I turn it on theres always something coming up saying this has to shut down or whatnot. I never bought a dell and never will theyr horrible. Ive been happy with my HP. Only problem im having with this is when I make cds into mp3s its kinda slow and for some reason I cant get it to speed up again. Otherwise everythings fine and I really havent had any problems with vista despite what everyone says about it.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Dell Computers... >=[   Dell Computers... >=[ Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 10:20 pm

I have 3 dells (plus my work dell) - 6 year old dell for email in the kitchen (desktop), wife has a dell laptop (insperion 9300), I have an XPS (works great for games Smile ) and my work supplied laptop is a dell - can't remember the number. The only issue I have ever head was on my wife's laptop when I upgraded her memory and the chips were bad! Took me a while to figure it out! replaced the chips and no issues!

Does Dell still offshore their tech support calls off to India?
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Dell Computers... >=[   Dell Computers... >=[ Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 10:24 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
I have 3 dells (plus my work dell) - 6 year old dell for email in the kitchen (desktop), wife has a dell laptop (insperion 9300), I have an XPS (works great for games Smile ) and my work supplied laptop is a dell - can't remember the number. The only issue I have ever head was on my wife's laptop when I upgraded her memory and the chips were bad! Took me a while to figure it out! replaced the chips and no issues!

Does Dell still offshore their tech support calls off to India?

As of last year they still did, talk about something that really pisses in your cheerios.

Is your computer plugged in? angry
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 3367

PostSubject: Re: Dell Computers... >=[   Dell Computers... >=[ Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 11:16 pm

You can read another horror story and a way to contact Dell to better resolve these sorts of issues here:

http://www.crankycustomer.com/dell_hell.html
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Dell Computers... >=[   Dell Computers... >=[ Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2008 12:25 pm

Is your computer plugged in? angry[/quote]

That is a question they must ask - LOL! Followed by - did you reboot your system?
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

PostSubject: Re: Dell Computers... >=[   Dell Computers... >=[ Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2008 3:45 pm

Well, well, well... A voicemail from a Dell Executive Resolution Supervisor. And an email too!

I had forgot to mention I had filed a complaint at PlanetFeedback.com (which totally works and saved me a $74 charge from Cingular about 5 years ago when one of their own supervisors refused to take it off) also, so I'm not sure if it was PF or BBB that did it, but who cares. I've got'em on the ropes!
Back to top Go down
spiritoradio
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
spiritoradio

Number of posts : 1510

PostSubject: Re: Dell Computers... >=[   Dell Computers... >=[ Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2008 6:48 pm

Does the Better Business Bureau have jurisdiction in India?
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=profile&id=507304580
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

PostSubject: Re: Dell Computers... >=[   Dell Computers... >=[ Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2008 10:03 pm

spiritoradio wrote:
Does the Better Business Bureau have jurisdiction in India?

lol! Doesn't matter, they have jurisdiction where the company is based!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dell Computers... >=[   Dell Computers... >=[ Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2008 10:10 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
Is your computer plugged in? angry

That is a question they must ask - LOL! Followed by - did you reboot your system?

Yeah, I've gotten that one a few thousand times.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dell Computers... >=[   Dell Computers... >=[ Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dell Computers... >=[
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: