Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Finally there is a KISS Day!!!!

Go down 
+5
Required Fields
Fat Freddy
ultmetal
UltraMagnus007
A Handful of Wayne
9 posters
AuthorMessage
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

Finally there is a KISS Day!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Finally there is a KISS Day!!!!   Finally there is a KISS Day!!!! Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2008 5:33 pm

Pictured below is the actual Governor's Proclamation that he presented to KISS in Sturgis, South Dakota on Monday, August 4. It reads as follows:

"Whereas, The legendary rock band KISS has sold more than more than 80 million albums, charted 34 gold records and inspired countless bands with their trademark face paint, costumes and sound; and,

"Whereas, KISS, whose classic hit 'Rock And Roll All Nite' became a rock anthem for an entire generation of fans; and,

"Whereas, KISS has tirelessly supported the brave men and women who wear the uniform of the United States of America with performances, base visits, and video tributes; and,

"Whereas, KISS is kicking off the Sturgis Rally with a concert that includes all the incredible pyrotechnics and fireworks display for which the band is famous; and,

"Whereas, The Mount Rushmore State, home of the four great faces carved from rock, welcomes four more great faces who made rock history:

"Now, Therefore, I, M. Michael Rounds, Governor of the state of South Dakota, do hereby proclaim August 4, 2008, as KISS ROCK & ROLL DAY in South Dakota, and I join their families, fans and friends in wishing KISS a memorable day.

"In Witness Whereof, I have hereunto set my hand and caused to be affixed the Great Seal of the State of South Dakota, in Pierre, the Capital City, this Fourth Day of August in the Year of Our Lord, Two Thousand and Eight."

The document was signed by Governor Michael Rounds and Secretary of State Chris Nelson.

Photo displayed from KissOnline.com:

Finally there is a KISS Day!!!! Kissdaysdproclimationdocumentcu2
Back to top Go down
UltraMagnus007
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
UltraMagnus007

Number of posts : 282

PostSubject: Re: Finally there is a KISS Day!!!!   Finally there is a KISS Day!!!! Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2008 6:41 pm

Nice avatar, looks like a very nice collection indeed
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Finally there is a KISS Day!!!!   Finally there is a KISS Day!!!! Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2008 6:52 pm

Wooohooo! Do we get the day off from work?

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Finally there is a KISS Day!!!!   Finally there is a KISS Day!!!! Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2008 7:33 pm

By this time next year, expect Mr. Simmon$ to have a full line of KISS Day greeting cards available at a Hallmark store near you. Laughing

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Finally there is a KISS Day!!!!   Finally there is a KISS Day!!!! Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2008 9:57 pm

UltraMagnus007 wrote:
Nice avatar, looks like a very nice collection indeed

Thats only half Very Happy
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Finally there is a KISS Day!!!!   Finally there is a KISS Day!!!! Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2008 9:58 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
By this time next year, expect Mr. Simmon$ to have a full line of KISS Day greeting cards available at a Hallmark store near you. Laughing
lol!
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: Finally there is a KISS Day!!!!   Finally there is a KISS Day!!!! Icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2008 1:15 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:

lol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Finally there is a KISS Day!!!!   Finally there is a KISS Day!!!! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2008 12:39 pm

Finally there is a KISS Day!!!! Gene_simmons

Speaking of KISS days... according to today's paper, it's Gene Simmons' 59th (!) birthday today. Happy Birthday, you big ole demon you.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: Finally there is a KISS Day!!!!   Finally there is a KISS Day!!!! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2008 2:20 pm

Finally there is a KISS Day!!!! Immortal
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Finally there is a KISS Day!!!!   Finally there is a KISS Day!!!! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2008 2:28 pm

this forum wouldn't be this forum without a Kiss thread on the first page.

ThrashedOutCobra33
Metal master
Metal master
ThrashedOutCobra33

Number of posts : 586

PostSubject: Re: Finally there is a KISS Day!!!!   Finally there is a KISS Day!!!! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2008 2:41 pm

Party on birthday
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Finally there is a KISS Day!!!!   Finally there is a KISS Day!!!! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2008 3:29 pm

You know, just the other day I was telling the guys at work that there's nothing to look forward to in August- and, BAM!! Now there is! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: Finally there is a KISS Day!!!!   Finally there is a KISS Day!!!! Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2008 7:51 am

you would never tell he was 59 the way they still rock out on stage
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Finally there is a KISS Day!!!!   Finally there is a KISS Day!!!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Finally there is a KISS Day!!!!
Page 1 of 1