Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

A little surprise I found

Go down 
+3
mc666
UltraMagnus007
Mglaffas81
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Mglaffas81
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

Number of posts : 2255

A little surprise I found Empty
PostSubject: A little surprise I found   A little surprise I found Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2008 4:50 pm

I found this video by some RoadRunner band called DevilDriver

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=800HsgS03o0&feature=user

The MUSIC contained herein is pretty good - The band members look like a bunch of HotTopic kids, and the singer especially, looks like a 12 year-old - The vocals are of the growling variety, but it is easy to tell the words - The band is probably some flavour-of-the-month gig, but I think the music is pretty stellar - pretty good solo as well.

The band clearly show their influences - MachineHead and Fear Factory are the similarities I myself can hear

ERROR - I just found out..the real band are completely different people - I don't know why they put those kids in for the video..

Last edited by Mglaffas81 on Fri Aug 08, 2008 4:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
UltraMagnus007
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
UltraMagnus007

Number of posts : 282

PostSubject: Re: A little surprise I found   A little surprise I found Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2008 4:52 pm

This band has been around a while, the lead singer used to front coal chamber i think
Back to top Go down
UltraMagnus007
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
UltraMagnus007

Number of posts : 282

PostSubject: Re: A little surprise I found   A little surprise I found Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2008 4:54 pm

They were also part of the defenders of the faith tour recently with Opeth, Arch Enemy and 3 inches of Blood. I caught the show in London.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A little surprise I found   A little surprise I found Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2008 4:54 pm

I've liked them for a few years. Saw them live with Killswitch Engage, and it was pretty good.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: A little surprise I found   A little surprise I found Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2008 5:35 pm

Devildriver is great. they have 3 damn good albums out.

IHATEGENRES
Metal novice
Metal novice

Number of posts : 41

PostSubject: Re: A little surprise I found   A little surprise I found Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2008 5:37 pm

Hell yes, Devil Driver is the smurf poo. Also their stuff just keeps getting better IMO
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A little surprise I found   A little surprise I found Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2008 8:01 pm

Yep. Devildriver are pretty killer! And that video is pretty cool for a fan-made video. There's a lot of them out on YouTube. Most suck, but sometimes there's a great one. That one was decent.
Back to top Go down
Todd Jaymz
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Todd Jaymz

Number of posts : 324

PostSubject: Re: A little surprise I found   A little surprise I found Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2008 8:12 pm

Haha thankful Coal Chamber died!! I really like Dez and crew-TJ
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A little surprise I found   A little surprise I found Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2008 8:29 pm

I loved Coal Chamber, too.
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: A little surprise I found   A little surprise I found Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2008 8:31 pm

I heard about them awhile ago, never really took the time to see if they were worthwhile.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

PostSubject: Re: A little surprise I found   A little surprise I found Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2008 11:09 pm

Eyesore wrote:
i did too. not as much though.

PostSubject: Re: A little surprise I found   A little surprise I found Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2008 11:41 pm

mc666 wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
Chamber Music is my favorite. They were hit or miss otherwise, but that album is killer pretty much from start to finish.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

PostSubject: Re: A little surprise I found   A little surprise I found Icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2008 12:45 am

Eyesore wrote:
mc666 wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
Chamber Music is my favorite. They were hit or miss otherwise, but that album is killer pretty much from start to finish.
yeah it's my favorite as well, minus Shock The Monkey. Ozzy ruins that song.

PostSubject: Re: A little surprise I found   A little surprise I found Icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2008 8:08 am

mc666 wrote:
Ozzy ruins that song.

Ozzy ruins everything he touches.
Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

PostSubject: Re: A little surprise I found   A little surprise I found Icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2008 12:06 pm

I didn't like the first cd except for the last song, but the last 2 have been good
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A little surprise I found   A little surprise I found Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A little surprise I found
Page 1 of 1