Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Metal in the Philippines

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
juanmiguel
Metal student
Metal student
juanmiguel

Number of posts : 147

Metal in the Philippines Empty
PostSubject: Metal in the Philippines   Metal in the Philippines Icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2007 1:49 pm

The place I call home.

I attend shows and am an active member of our very own online community at
filipinometal.com - check it out!!!

So basically you guys just ask about the local scene and i'll try my best to answer
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Metal in the Philippines   Metal in the Philippines Icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2007 8:15 pm

do you get alot of shows out your way? is metal more or less popular there than in the US?

sovdat
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal

Number of posts : 1786

PostSubject: Re: Metal in the Philippines   Metal in the Philippines Icon_minitimeSun Apr 01, 2007 2:33 am

Do you maybe know a guy called Stephen Rabor?
Back to top Go down
juanmiguel
Metal student
Metal student
juanmiguel

PostSubject: Re: Metal in the Philippines   Metal in the Philippines Icon_minitimeSun Apr 01, 2007 6:17 am

mc666 wrote:
do you get alot of shows out your way? is metal more or less popular there than in the US?

There are no big shows.We arent part of any international touring circuit. Way back in the early nineties bon jovi and metallica palyed here. Thats it. The last big acts to perform in the Philippines were the Pusycat Dolls and The Black Eyed Peas (coz one member of each group was filipino)

Metal is very, very underground, zero airplay and zero publicity. But the scene is active. There are metal, punk, grindcore and hardcore shoews every weekend, all year round.

there's this thrash act I've seen quite regularly called Ressurected (they sound like a Slayer/Megadeth hybrid) that has been around since the eighties. They finally released their debut album last year. HA.

Another Thrash band (because he genre is very poular here) named BloodShedd just released an album via an independent label on March- its the local scenes newest cause for celebration. I'm also gonna catch them live two weeks from now.
Back to top Go down
juanmiguel
Metal student
Metal student
juanmiguel

PostSubject: Re: Metal in the Philippines   Metal in the Philippines Icon_minitimeSun Apr 01, 2007 6:18 am

sovdat wrote:
Do you maybe know a guy called Stephen Rabor?

Nope. If your in contact with him ask where he's from and which band he plays in, then I can ask around
Back to top Go down
sovdat
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal

Number of posts : 1786

PostSubject: Re: Metal in the Philippines   Metal in the Philippines Icon_minitimeSun Apr 01, 2007 6:39 am

Well, he's from infamous Davao City and I think that this says all Smile

Does those two bands (Resurrected and BloodShedd) have webpages so we can check them out?

And welcome on the board!
Back to top Go down
juanmiguel
Metal student
Metal student
juanmiguel

PostSubject: Re: Metal in the Philippines   Metal in the Philippines Icon_minitimeSun Apr 01, 2007 9:05 am

sovdat wrote:
Well, he's from infamous Davao City and I think that this says all :)

Does those two bands (Resurrected and BloodShedd) have webpages so we can check them out?

And welcome on the board!

Davao. . .hmmmm. . . i think its famous for its death metal scene

visit bloodshed at www.geocities.com/bloodsheddband

as for ressurected, go to filipinometal.com and check out the band listings

both bands usually play on the same gigs. heck i'm looking at the cover of bloodshedd's demo right now (where i got their website) and it has got a picture of the band performing in front of an audience made up of Ressurected members. . .hehe
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

PostSubject: Re: Metal in the Philippines   Metal in the Philippines Icon_minitimeSun Apr 01, 2007 9:49 am

i'll have to be on the lookout for those discs from Resurrected and BloodShedd.

juanmiguel
Metal student
Metal student
juanmiguel

PostSubject: Re: Metal in the Philippines   Metal in the Philippines Icon_minitimeSun Apr 01, 2007 10:15 am

mc666 wrote:
i'll have to be on the lookout for those discs from Resurrected and BloodShedd.

I'm sorry man the albums are exclusively available here in the philippines, they aren't shipped abroad unless ya order them.

in fact go to tower-of-doom.com and contact the guys who work there. they are a local metal indie label and BloodShedd is one of their more well-known acts
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

PostSubject: Re: Metal in the Philippines   Metal in the Philippines Icon_minitimeSun Apr 01, 2007 1:09 pm

hmmm, well, perhaps i can find a copy on one of the torrent sites, or a newsgroup. shouldn't be too tricky Smile

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Metal in the Philippines   Metal in the Philippines Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Metal in the Philippines
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: