Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Thoughts on Alice Cooper's DaDa?

Go down 
+5
skullsmasher
kmorg
A Handful of Wayne
ultmetal
Metal Misfit
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

Thoughts on Alice Cooper's DaDa? Empty
PostSubject: Thoughts on Alice Cooper's DaDa?   Thoughts on Alice Cooper's DaDa? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 03, 2008 1:52 pm

At the risk of being merged with the Along Came a Spider thread... what are your thoughts on DaDa? I just heard it for the first time last night. I was already familiar with "Former Lee Warmer" and "I Love America", but the rest is new to me.

"DaDa" is one of the creepiest tunes ever and now the album's title finally makes sense to me as I always thought it was prounced Dah-dah, which I found to be strange. But it's actually baby talk for "daddy"!

"Fresh Blood", "Scarlet and Sheba", and "Pass the Gun Around" are impressive as well.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Alice Cooper's DaDa?   Thoughts on Alice Cooper's DaDa? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 03, 2008 5:43 pm

Haven't heard this one in a while. Might have to dig it out. Was thinking of digging out Flush the Fashion for play tomorrow.

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Alice Cooper's DaDa?   Thoughts on Alice Cooper's DaDa? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 03, 2008 6:22 pm

I love DaDa. Former Lee Warmer and I Love America are my favorites.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Alice Cooper's DaDa?   Thoughts on Alice Cooper's DaDa? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 03, 2008 10:42 pm

Great album! It sucks that the technology back in the day was so horrible that some of the sounds on that album were cool and new at the time. The lyrics to a lot of those songs though are creepy (not that a lot of his songs arent) and thats why I like it.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Alice Cooper's DaDa?   Thoughts on Alice Cooper's DaDa? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2008 9:00 am

Funny. I just yanked it out yesterday, and was spinning it when i saw this thread. I never could get in to it back in the day, so I'm trying it out again now, since I loved Special Forces so much.

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Alice Cooper's DaDa?   Thoughts on Alice Cooper's DaDa? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2008 9:10 am

kmorg wrote:
Funny. I just yanked it out yesterday, and was spinning it when i saw this thread.

Wow, you like this album that much? Shocked I hope you didn't put an eye out. Smile
Back to top Go down
skullsmasher
Metal master
Metal master
skullsmasher

Number of posts : 638

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Alice Cooper's DaDa?   Thoughts on Alice Cooper's DaDa? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2008 9:34 am

This is a great album, for the longest time this along with Flush the Fashion, Special Forces and Zipper Catches skin were very hard to find. I have most of this stuff on vinyl but bought it all again on CD whenever I could find them usually through imports. Alice from every era of his career is in regular rotation in my playlists. Alice has such a cool sense of humor when it comes to writing these strange songs. "Leather Boots", "Prettiest Cop on the Block" and "That was the Day My Dead Pet Returned to Save My Life" are some great songs that showcase this sense of humor.

Off of Da Da, Former Lee Warmer, Scarlet and Sheba and Pass the Gun Around are some of my favorites but I like 'em all. I don't ever fast forward through an Alice CD.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Alice Cooper's DaDa?   Thoughts on Alice Cooper's DaDa? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2008 9:37 pm

I love Alice Cooper's DA DA, it was his first album since Alice Cooper Goes to Hell that explores he the dark humor in the lyrics, also it was the album the reunited him with producer Bob Ezrin and his song writing partner/guitartist Dick Wagner. It is a creepy album with songs like Former Lee Warner, and the last track Pass the Gun around where you could almost feel the despair of the lyrics. Musically it is unlike his other 80's albums like the Flush the Fashion and very different than what would follow with Trash, it is an album worth checking out.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Alice Cooper's DaDa?   Thoughts on Alice Cooper's DaDa? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2008 11:45 am

I've had to re-do my write-up for this album after this thread! Look for it on my next website update!

Janitor of the Void
TrogDawn

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Alice Cooper's DaDa?   Thoughts on Alice Cooper's DaDa? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2008 1:31 pm

Dark and twisted and Alice doesn't even remember recording it, therefore I love it. Thoughts on Alice Cooper's DaDa? 309780
Back to top Go down
https://bandcamp.com/stonegrooverecords/following
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Alice Cooper's DaDa?   Thoughts on Alice Cooper's DaDa? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2008 3:00 pm

Good album, but the shining moment of his early 80's stuff was Special Forces.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Alice Cooper's DaDa?   Thoughts on Alice Cooper's DaDa? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2008 3:03 pm

DeathCult wrote:
Good album, but the shining moment of his early 80's stuff was Special Forces.

Flush the Fashion is my fav from the early 80's but you can't beat a song titled "Prettiest Cop on the Block". Smile
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Alice Cooper's DaDa?   Thoughts on Alice Cooper's DaDa? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2008 3:34 pm

Thoughts on Alice Cooper's DaDa? Alice_cooper_xposed

"Hi. I've come to rock if that's ok with you fellas."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Alice Cooper's DaDa?   Thoughts on Alice Cooper's DaDa? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Thoughts on Alice Cooper's DaDa?
Page 1 of 1