Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The denim vest with patches on it - a thing for the kids?

Go down 
+12
Mordor
Tall Tyrion
krokus
martinsane
Lurideath
Stender
Fat Freddy
SAHB Healer
mc666
ultmetal
MetalGuy71
Martin
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Martin
Metal novice
Metal novice
Martin

Number of posts : 41

The denim vest with patches on it - a thing for the kids? Empty
PostSubject: The denim vest with patches on it - a thing for the kids?   The denim vest with patches on it - a thing for the kids? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2008 10:52 am

I wondered how many of you still have (or at least had) a denim vest with patches on it. What do you think of it - is it one of the few things that should be left solely to teenagers or do you still take pride in wearing it when you go to a concert? Are there even any collectors of patches here? It ist still a big thing in my country. The whole merchandise thing in general. I seem to be part of a minority because I don't wear anything Metal related stuff at all. I had a vest when I was 14 though. At that time I thought it's really cool but only two years later I had the feeling I had outgrown the whole thing so I threw my vest away. What about you?
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: The denim vest with patches on it - a thing for the kids?   The denim vest with patches on it - a thing for the kids? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2008 11:03 am

Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: The denim vest with patches on it - a thing for the kids?   The denim vest with patches on it - a thing for the kids? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2008 6:44 pm

Had one in the 80's. Have one now that I wear on stage.

Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: The denim vest with patches on it - a thing for the kids?   The denim vest with patches on it - a thing for the kids? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2008 7:30 pm

i have one. it doesn't fit me anymore, but i still kept it.

SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

PostSubject: Re: The denim vest with patches on it - a thing for the kids?   The denim vest with patches on it - a thing for the kids? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2008 8:25 pm

I've still got one from H.O.G. (Harley Owners Group). Of course I got no motorcycle anymore so I don't wear it too often. But I would for the right concert I guess. I might look a damn fool sure, but nowhere nears as bad as Bill Ward (at left) in his motorcycle jacket and red pantyhose.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: The denim vest with patches on it - a thing for the kids?   The denim vest with patches on it - a thing for the kids? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2008 9:24 pm

I still have the patches but the vest/denim jackets I used to wear them on are long gone. The patches are still in a drawer somewhere and occasionally I entertain the thought of buying a new denim jacket at WalMart or whatever and sewing'em all on it... but then I figure walking around town with that on at my age will have my neighbors thinking "Looks like Keith's having his mid-life crisis," haha

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: The denim vest with patches on it - a thing for the kids?   The denim vest with patches on it - a thing for the kids? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2008 9:25 pm

I dont have one or any patches, but I would love to have a vest with all my favorate punk and thrash band patches on it. Patches from the old school are kind of hard to find.
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

PostSubject: Re: The denim vest with patches on it - a thing for the kids?   The denim vest with patches on it - a thing for the kids? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2008 11:45 pm

I have one thats pretty full and am starting on a new one soon. They are part of being a metalhead. I wear mine proudly!
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: The denim vest with patches on it - a thing for the kids?   The denim vest with patches on it - a thing for the kids? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2008 11:54 pm

I have enough patches to start a second one.

Metal master
Metal master
martinsane

Number of posts : 924

PostSubject: Re: The denim vest with patches on it - a thing for the kids?   The denim vest with patches on it - a thing for the kids? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 31, 2008 2:27 am

I still have my sleeveless Levi jacket from 1984. No patches on it, but a grip of studs, spikes and the like tastefully bedazzled about. Big red pentagram on the back which used to be studded, but those studs got bartered off for misc. things. Smile
Have to dig it out and take a few pix...
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: The denim vest with patches on it - a thing for the kids?   The denim vest with patches on it - a thing for the kids? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 31, 2008 7:01 am

Of course i still have one and its not only for kids. Last week for exemple i was at a metal festival and many people were walking with a denim vest with patches, between 16 and 45 years old. At least in Europe its totaly normal to walk with those denim vests in 2008. We think its timeless even if it was started by those NWOBHM fans. Its like our music, even if it was made in the 80s, its still timeless. HEAVY METAL IS TIMELESS.
Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 3367

PostSubject: Re: The denim vest with patches on it - a thing for the kids?   The denim vest with patches on it - a thing for the kids? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 31, 2008 7:30 am

Never have had one.
Back to top Go down
Martin
Metal novice
Metal novice
Martin

Number of posts : 41

PostSubject: Re: The denim vest with patches on it - a thing for the kids?   The denim vest with patches on it - a thing for the kids? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 31, 2008 7:55 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Check here...

https://heartofmetal.niceboard.com/rip-f4/denim-leather-patch-clad-metal-heads-t108.htm
I'm sorry, I should have guessed that.

krokus wrote:
At least in Europe its totaly normal to walk with those denim vests in 2008.
Where are you from?
Back to top Go down
Mordor
Metal student
Metal student
Mordor

Number of posts : 123

PostSubject: Re: The denim vest with patches on it - a thing for the kids?   The denim vest with patches on it - a thing for the kids? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 31, 2008 9:27 am

Yep I have one and wear it proudly. I'm a metalhead and damn proud of it 🤘

There is a few starting to show up at concerts now. I just think they look awesome and it is a good way to start talking to fellow metalheads.
Back to top Go down
http://www.powerofmetal.dk
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

PostSubject: Re: The denim vest with patches on it - a thing for the kids?   The denim vest with patches on it - a thing for the kids? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 31, 2008 2:52 pm

Martin wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
Check here...

https://heartofmetal.niceboard.com/rip-f4/denim-leather-patch-clad-metal-heads-t108.htm

krokus wrote:
Where are you from?

From Holland but i have been to most of the euro-festivals.
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

PostSubject: Re: The denim vest with patches on it - a thing for the kids?   The denim vest with patches on it - a thing for the kids? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 31, 2008 2:53 pm

Mordor wrote:
Yep I have one and wear it proudly. I'm a metalhead and damn proud of it 🤘

There is a few starting to show up at concerts now. I just think they look awesome and it is a good way to start talking to fellow metalheads.

🤘 🤘 🤘 thats the metal spirit brother. You are keeping real metal and its attitude alive. HAIL TO YOU FOREVER.
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: The denim vest with patches on it - a thing for the kids?   The denim vest with patches on it - a thing for the kids? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 31, 2008 4:36 pm

krokus wrote:
Martin wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
Check here...

krokus wrote:
Where are you from?

I thought you were from Spain?
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

PostSubject: Re: The denim vest with patches on it - a thing for the kids?   The denim vest with patches on it - a thing for the kids? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 01, 2008 3:58 am

Stender wrote:
krokus wrote:
Martin wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
Check here...

krokus wrote:
Where are you from?

I thought you were from Spain?

No, i am living in Spain but i am from Holland.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: The denim vest with patches on it - a thing for the kids?   The denim vest with patches on it - a thing for the kids? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 10, 2009 1:58 pm

I'm working on a new vest for the stage. I have a huge Ultimatum - Into the Pit patch on the back of it. So far I have patches coming in the mail from 3 Inches of Blood, Hirax, Kiss, Anvil, Mortification, Ultimatum, Vindicator and Accept.

Last edited by ultmetal on Fri Dec 11, 2009 8:32 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: The denim vest with patches on it - a thing for the kids?   The denim vest with patches on it - a thing for the kids? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2009 3:51 am

Just got a Sacred Reich patch. It came with the remastered "American Way" cd. I also have a Megadeth one thats been laying around for a long time.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: The denim vest with patches on it - a thing for the kids?   The denim vest with patches on it - a thing for the kids? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2009 8:32 am

Troublezone wrote:
Just got a Sacred Reich patch. It came with the remastered "American Way" cd. I also have a Megadeth one thats been laying around for a long time.

You should send those to me. Very Happy

But seriously, if you want to sell or trade them, let me know. I could use them for my new vest.

Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: The denim vest with patches on it - a thing for the kids?   The denim vest with patches on it - a thing for the kids? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2009 10:46 am

Must have missed this one. I have one, but it doesn't have any metal patches....it's all traveling and Boy Scout and hunting stuff from my youth.

I've been saving metal patches these last years for a possible new vest. Viva la vest!
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: The denim vest with patches on it - a thing for the kids?   The denim vest with patches on it - a thing for the kids? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2009 11:46 am

ultmetal wrote:
Troublezone wrote:

You should send those to me. Very Happy

But seriously, if you want to sell or trade them, let me know. I could use them for my new vest.

I want to keep the SR patch but i could probably let go of the Megadeth one.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: The denim vest with patches on it - a thing for the kids?   The denim vest with patches on it - a thing for the kids? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2009 12:11 pm

Cool. Let me know. PM me.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

Number of posts : 2690

PostSubject: Re: The denim vest with patches on it - a thing for the kids?   The denim vest with patches on it - a thing for the kids? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2009 5:28 am

This is mine:

The denim vest with patches on it - a thing for the kids? 28062009268

The denim vest with patches on it - a thing for the kids? 28062009269

The only thing that's changed is that the Inquisition patch just above the Midnight backpatch has been replaced by another Blasphemy patch. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The denim vest with patches on it - a thing for the kids?   The denim vest with patches on it - a thing for the kids? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The denim vest with patches on it - a thing for the kids?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next