Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Scorpions - Lonesome Crow

Go down 
+4
James B.
skullsmasher
MoonChild
MetalGuy71
8 posters
AuthorMessage
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Scorpions - Lonesome Crow Empty
PostSubject: Scorpions - Lonesome Crow   Scorpions - Lonesome Crow Icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2008 12:46 pm

I've mentioned in other posts that I'm not that big of a Scorpions fan. Too much over-playing of the hits. But I was in a cd shop last week and picked up Lonesome Crow (their 1st?), knowing that it's not the "typical" hard rock/metal that the Scorps are known for. Man, am I digging this disc!! It's just so different than what you'd expect from these guys and doesn't have any of their hits. The guitar-work is trippy and fantastic.

Anyone else a fan of this album?
Back to top Go down
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions - Lonesome Crow   Scorpions - Lonesome Crow Icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2008 1:12 pm

Count me in, I am very much a Scorpions fan, especially their early works are absolutely awesome.

The title track Lonesome Crow and I am going mad are my favourite from this album, but In Search Of Peace Of Mind is a classic as well.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions - Lonesome Crow   Scorpions - Lonesome Crow Icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2008 3:30 pm

I don't have much Scorpions. I have Taken By Force, Tokyo Tapes, and World Wide Live. I've sampled online plenty of their early and later material and definitely love the older material (plus I have all the tunes from Tokyo Tapes). I've been after all of their pre-TBF albums for a year now, but have been unable to find any of them in stores. Then, just the other day, I was browsing for the first time in months at a local used cd store and found Virgin Killer, Lonesome Crow, and Fly To The Rainbow! Unfortunately, I'm on a very fixed income right now and had to pass them up. That really, really sucked.
Back to top Go down
skullsmasher
Metal master
Metal master
skullsmasher

Number of posts : 638

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions - Lonesome Crow   Scorpions - Lonesome Crow Icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2008 4:55 pm

The Uli Jon Roth era of Scorpions is fantastic. He is an extremely talented guitarist. I had a chance to see him a few years ago and he blew the audience away. Everyone in the crowd was in awe of this guy's playing. No one was drinking, no one was talking or moving around. It was the strangest show I have ever seen that way. Amazing guitarist, he was great with the scorpions and he has only gotten better with the years since.

I love the current scorpions band too, but it is like two different bands pre "Animal Magnetism and post Animal Magnetism"
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions - Lonesome Crow   Scorpions - Lonesome Crow Icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2008 5:23 pm

great lp...great band...thinking pretty hard of checking them out when they come with Hagar later this summer to No. Calif.

I havn;t seen them since 85'
Back to top Go down
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions - Lonesome Crow   Scorpions - Lonesome Crow Icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2008 6:05 pm

I agree that their hits are way too overplayed on the airwaves and what-not, but their earlier releases are very good heavy metal releases! My favourite is probably Taken By Force, with the epic song "The Sails Of Charon".

I like Lonesome Crow too.
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions - Lonesome Crow   Scorpions - Lonesome Crow Icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2008 6:41 pm

I like Lonesome Crow, it kinda reminds me of Sabbath music wise.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions - Lonesome Crow   Scorpions - Lonesome Crow Icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2008 12:45 am

James B. wrote:
great lp...great band...thinking pretty hard of checking them out when they come with Hagar later this summer to No. Calif.

I havn;t seen them since 85'

I'm also considering seeing them when they hit the OC fair aug 3rd. I saw them at the same venue 2 years ago with UFO.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions - Lonesome Crow   Scorpions - Lonesome Crow Icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2008 1:38 am

I remember seeing a video of them performing a song off of it. Klaus actually looked younger in the 80s than he did in the Lonesome Crow era! lol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Scorpions - Lonesome Crow   Scorpions - Lonesome Crow Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Scorpions - Lonesome Crow
Page 1 of 1