Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Stryper - Live In Japan (1985)

Go down 
+7
Follower of Jesus
kmorg
thejokeriv
Thrasher73
Fat Freddy
Tall Tyrion
Cliffy
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Cliffy
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Cliffy

Number of posts : 415

Stryper - Live In Japan (1985) Empty
PostSubject: Stryper - Live In Japan (1985)   Stryper - Live In Japan (1985) Icon_minitimeMon Jul 28, 2008 7:30 pm

Recorded July '85 in Japan
Released August '86 - Enigma Music Video (Laserdisc, VHS & Beta only...later bootlegged to DVD & CDR)

Aaah yes, the first and original Stryper live album...of course this never was intended to be anything other than a video release, but we Stryper fans want what we want and we want the first live album by our favorite band for our iPods, dangit!

Anyway...I was given a very, VERY clean CDR of this release (courtesy of Matt at Retroactive) while rehearsing with Main Line Riders for our Cornerstone appearance. After the festival appearance, I returned to Texas, moved to Georgia and then finally got around to gettin' to work on this thing.

The audio that makes up the Live In Japan release was never recorded to individual tracks and mixed properly or anything like that (and that's a shame). What it was was simply a sound board recording that was long on the high end and very short on the bottom end (as well as overall dynamics).

After completing my work on this, the high end is now contained, the bottom end is as good as it's gonna be without totally ruining it, I brought out the vocal clarity and took it to about the same volume as the Yellow & Black Attack mastering that I did. Going louder than that made it sound worse (lost vocal clarity).

So now we have a punchier, louder, more rockin' version of what Stryper sounded like live just around the time of the release of the Soldiers Under Command album.

Here's the cover:

Stryper - Live In Japan (1985) Stryper-liveinjapan

Here's the link to the zip file (right click and choose "save target/link as":

http://www.mainlineriders.com/steinhaus/Stryper-LiveInJapan-1985.zip

File size is 121 MB and contains the following files:

01 Intro.mp3
02 Makes Me Wanna Sing.mp3
03 Loud 'N' Clear.mp3
04 From Wrong To Right.mp3
05 You Know What To Do.mp3
06 Surrender.mp3
07 Together Forever.mp3
08 First Love.mp3
09 Loving You.mp3
10 Soldiers Under Command.mp3
11 Co'Mon Rock.mp3
12 Battle Hymn Of The Republic.mp3
Stryper-LiveInJapan.jpg

Mp3 files are 320 kbps cd quality mp3s
Cover jpg file is 500 x 500 pixels...perfect for iPod.

Thanks to Matt Hunt at Retroactive for supplying the original audio source.

later...Cliffy

Last edited by Cliffy on Tue Jul 29, 2008 1:50 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.steinhausmastering.com
Cliffy
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Cliffy

Number of posts : 415

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - Live In Japan (1985)   Stryper - Live In Japan (1985) Icon_minitimeMon Jul 28, 2008 8:00 pm

Apologies if you've attempted to download this unsuccessfully.

I forgot to add the "-1985" to the file name that I uploaded. This issue has since been fixed...link is working now.

later...Cliffy

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - Live In Japan (1985)   Stryper - Live In Japan (1985) Icon_minitimeMon Jul 28, 2008 8:05 pm

They were on top of their game that day.

Too bad years later they would release Live In Puerto Rico, full of overdubs.
Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 3367

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - Live In Japan (1985)   Stryper - Live In Japan (1985) Icon_minitimeMon Jul 28, 2008 9:06 pm

Sweet! I already had this, of course, but I'm sure you're version sounds much betta!

You da man! :hails:
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - Live In Japan (1985)   Stryper - Live In Japan (1985) Icon_minitimeMon Jul 28, 2008 10:18 pm

Niiiiice. I had the VHS tape of this gig many moons ago and recorded my own "live album" version to cassette, but it has been lost to the ages... haven't heard it in years. Can't wait to check it out.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - Live In Japan (1985)   Stryper - Live In Japan (1985) Icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2008 8:06 am

Thanks Cliffy.I still have my vhs tape of this.Havent watched it for a long time,though.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - Live In Japan (1985)   Stryper - Live In Japan (1985) Icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2008 1:45 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Niiiiice. I had the VHS tape of this gig many moons ago and recorded my own "live album" version to cassette, but it has been lost to the ages... haven't heard it in years. Can't wait to check it out.

Same thing happened to me - I;ll have to DL when I get home!
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - Live In Japan (1985)   Stryper - Live In Japan (1985) Icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2008 7:37 am

As usual, you rule, Cliffy!

Metal student
Metal student
Follower of Jesus

Number of posts : 121

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - Live In Japan (1985)   Stryper - Live In Japan (1985) Icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2008 9:43 pm

I had obviously heard OF this, but had never actually HEARD it. THANKS CLIFFY!!!
Back to top Go down
journeyman
Metal master
Metal master
journeyman

Number of posts : 883

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - Live In Japan (1985)   Stryper - Live In Japan (1985) Icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2008 10:14 pm

Thanks. Can't wait to check it out.
Back to top Go down
zombiewalkin
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
zombiewalkin

Number of posts : 292

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - Live In Japan (1985)   Stryper - Live In Japan (1985) Icon_minitimeThu Jul 31, 2008 9:10 am

Thanks Cliffy! A friend of mine burned a cdr of this for me a few years back. I cant wait to hear what you have done to it. It was the audio burn of this video that really helped bring me back to Christ. Im very thankful God used my friend to help wake me up!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - Live In Japan (1985)   Stryper - Live In Japan (1985) Icon_minitimeThu Jul 31, 2008 9:36 am

I'd love to see the video of this. Pretty awesome, Cliffy.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - Live In Japan (1985)   Stryper - Live In Japan (1985) Icon_minitimeThu Jul 31, 2008 12:19 pm

spectrefate wrote:

You've never seen Line In Japan?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - Live In Japan (1985)   Stryper - Live In Japan (1985) Icon_minitimeThu Jul 31, 2008 12:20 pm

DenimAndLeather wrote:
spectrefate wrote:

You've never seen Line In Japan?

Nope. All I have ever seen from Stryper is the overdubbed Live in PR. Sad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - Live In Japan (1985)   Stryper - Live In Japan (1985) Icon_minitimeThu Jul 31, 2008 12:21 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZEBkrHC1kf8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-VX-yUEuw3k

Here's the openeing song, but try not to look at his bulge.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_NSVaEIeDIk
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - Live In Japan (1985)   Stryper - Live In Japan (1985) Icon_minitimeThu Jul 31, 2008 12:26 pm

Cool. Thanks Rich.

Sidenote: Michael should never be allowed to dance around like that on stage. He must have a guitar in his hand at all times.

Watching and listening to this, I wonder do the Japanese folks get what Stryper's about or do they just dig the music and bumblebee outfits?
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - Live In Japan (1985)   Stryper - Live In Japan (1985) Icon_minitimeThu Jul 31, 2008 1:30 pm

spectrefate wrote:

Watching and listening to this, I wonder do the Japanese folks get what Stryper's about or do they just dig the music and bumblebee outfits?

Haha.I remember always watching the video and thinking,"Alot of these kids have no idea what they're talking about.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - Live In Japan (1985)   Stryper - Live In Japan (1985) Icon_minitimeThu Jul 31, 2008 1:44 pm

I think that was true with some American crowds as well. Hell, until they recorded their first disc, the record company didn't know they were a christian band.
Back to top Go down
Stryped Forever
Metal novice
Metal novice
Stryped Forever

Number of posts : 5

PostSubject: Cliffy has been busy   Stryper - Live In Japan (1985) Icon_minitimeThu Jul 31, 2008 9:46 pm

Cliffy has been busy hooking us up with near perfect sounding audio lately!
Thank you for your hard work!
Back to top Go down
P2P
Metal novice
Metal novice

Number of posts : 2

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - Live In Japan (1985)   Stryper - Live In Japan (1985) Icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2009 1:11 pm

Link is not longer available. Can anyone help me on this? Thanks for the hard work!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stryper - Live In Japan (1985)   Stryper - Live In Japan (1985) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Stryper - Live In Japan (1985)
Page 1 of 1