Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Deliverance - Assimilation

Go down 
+12
kmorg
stepcousin
Tall Tyrion
DallasBlack
Sutekh
arttieTHE1manparty
Thrasher73
candlemass
Rex
Fat Freddy
ultmetal
MetalGuy71
16 posters
AuthorMessage

Deliverance - Assimilation Empty
PostSubject: Deliverance - Assimilation   Deliverance - Assimilation Icon_minitimeTue Jul 22, 2008 11:15 am

Deliverance - Assimilation 1341115200612550assimilnz1

I love Deliverance's Assimilation. But then I love everything ever released under the Deliverance name. Jimmy P Brown is a hero...blah blah blah, you've probably read about my man love. Smile

But alot of fans are torn with Assimilation, from what I have read, most not liking it. I think Jimmy's lyrics on Assimilation are VERY strong and the music while not "Weapons Part II", is very effective and enjoyable.

What are your thoughts on this album?

Is it worth getting the 2 disc reissue if I already have the original release?
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Deliverance - Assimilation   Deliverance - Assimilation Icon_minitimeTue Jul 22, 2008 11:20 am

I've never heard this one. After River Disturbance, I kinda lost interest in these guys. Maybe someday I'll get caught up on the rest of their discography, but my "want" list is long enough for now without adding another 5 or 6 cd's.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Deliverance - Assimilation   Deliverance - Assimilation Icon_minitimeTue Jul 22, 2008 11:43 am

It's ok. Far from a favorite as I am not a big fan of electronica.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Deliverance - Assimilation   Deliverance - Assimilation Icon_minitimeTue Jul 22, 2008 11:49 am

I dig this one now more than I did when it was released. At the time it was new it was too "weird" for me. But I guess I've gotten more tolerant of weird as I've gotten older.

That said, I still don't care much for "Camelot In Smithereens" or "River Disturbance" at all.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Rex
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

Number of posts : 2056

PostSubject: Re: Deliverance - Assimilation   Deliverance - Assimilation Icon_minitimeTue Jul 22, 2008 11:56 am

It didn't do much for me. I'm not sure but I might have a copy of the 2 disc version since I worked on that one.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Deliverance - Assimilation   Deliverance - Assimilation Icon_minitimeTue Jul 22, 2008 2:39 pm

It wasn't Deliverance in my book, the change was too drastic.
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Number of posts : 2096

PostSubject: Re: Deliverance - Assimilation   Deliverance - Assimilation Icon_minitimeTue Jul 22, 2008 3:21 pm

This is one of the few lp's that the more I listened to it, the less I liked it, it's quite boring.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Deliverance - Assimilation   Deliverance - Assimilation Icon_minitimeTue Jul 22, 2008 3:53 pm

While not being the classic D sound I still kinda liked it.At the time I was just Happy to have a new Deliverance album.Its not a frequent player for me though.
Back to top Go down
arttieTHE1manparty
Administrator
arttieTHE1manparty

Number of posts : 863

PostSubject: Re: Deliverance - Assimilation   Deliverance - Assimilation Icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2008 12:05 am

I like most of the songs on it...

Arttie
Back to top Go down
http://christianmetalrealm.niceboard.com
Sutekh
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Sutekh

Number of posts : 1466

PostSubject: Re: Deliverance - Assimilation   Deliverance - Assimilation Icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2008 8:05 am

I'm not sold on this one, though I think I need to play it a bit more! I actually loved River Disturbance and really liked Camelot..., so it surprises me that I don't dig Assimilation more. Jimmy is a major talent, irrespective!
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Deliverance - Assimilation   Deliverance - Assimilation Icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2008 11:13 am

I actually liked it too Spec, though I haven't listend to it in a while. Then again, I seem to like a lot of what people around here don't.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 3367

PostSubject: Re: Deliverance - Assimilation   Deliverance - Assimilation Icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2008 3:32 pm

I was excited when I first heard it was coming out, but I listened to the clips and never got it. Too big a departure for me.
Back to top Go down
stepcousin
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stepcousin

Number of posts : 1268

PostSubject: Re: Deliverance - Assimilation   Deliverance - Assimilation Icon_minitimeSun Jul 27, 2008 5:17 am

It has some great Deliverance-type guitar melodies and rhythm's. I like it, but I dont love it. Maybe if he wouldve backed off about 25-50% more on the electronica sound, it wouldve been better.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Deliverance - Assimilation   Deliverance - Assimilation Icon_minitimeSun Jul 27, 2008 5:24 am

Ass-imitations..........

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

PostSubject: Re: Deliverance - Assimilation   Deliverance - Assimilation Icon_minitimeSun Jul 27, 2008 9:41 am

never heard this one, will have to check it out
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4607

PostSubject: Re: Deliverance - Assimilation   Deliverance - Assimilation Icon_minitimeSun Jul 27, 2008 10:13 am

I don't even own it. I downloaded 2 songs to try it out (can't remember which) and immediately deleted them after hearing them. Not one for me, as I would never listen to it.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Olafsto

Number of posts : 2522

PostSubject: Re: Deliverance - Assimilation   Deliverance - Assimilation Icon_minitimeSun Jul 27, 2008 2:05 pm

Actually never heard any Deliverance....
Any suggestions where to start?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/olafsto
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Number of posts : 4077

PostSubject: Re: Deliverance - Assimilation   Deliverance - Assimilation Icon_minitimeSun Jul 27, 2008 6:10 pm

spectrefate wrote:
Deliverance - Assimilation 1341115200612550assimilnz1

I love Deliverance's Assimilation. But then I love everything ever released under the Deliverance name. Jimmy P Brown is a hero...blah blah blah, you've probably read about my man love. Smile

But alot of fans are torn with Assimilation, from what I have read, most not liking it. I think Jimmy's lyrics on Assimilation are VERY strong and the music while not "Weapons Part II", is very effective and enjoyable.

What are your thoughts on this album?

Is it worth getting the 2 disc reissue if I already have the original release?
I DON'T EVEN KNOW YOU ANYMORE MAN!!!?? I tried and tried on Assimilation. Never cared for it. Anytime you're having to make excuses for the music..."effective"....ITS LAME!!! lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Deliverance - Assimilation   Deliverance - Assimilation Icon_minitimeSun Jul 27, 2008 7:13 pm

Olafsto, they had different styles. The first three are thrash monsters and many like Weapons of Our Warfare best, some slayer worship on the first three. Then on Stay of Execution they slowed down a bit and went a little more prog with Bowiesque vocals. Still heavy as stink. That and Learn were pretty similar though each album showed changes. By Assimilation they went in a more techno direction and many were left feeling it had gone too far afield. Jimmy did some other styles under different names but recently Deliverance came back with a good mix of Stay and Weapons on As Above So Below. I'd start with Weapons, Stay and As Above.

Order of albums:
Deliverance
Weapons of Our Warfare
What a Joke-kind of odd, some filler joke stuff but some good songs too
Stay of Execution
Learn
River Disturbance
Camelot in Smithereens-kind of an odd album
Assimilation-mucho keyboard
As Above So Below

Is that right all?
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

PostSubject: Re: Deliverance - Assimilation   Deliverance - Assimilation Icon_minitimeSun Jul 27, 2008 7:15 pm

Stink is heavy? How heavy is stink, anyway? affraid
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Deliverance - Assimilation   Deliverance - Assimilation Icon_minitimeSun Jul 27, 2008 7:17 pm

Check your shorts.
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

PostSubject: Re: Deliverance - Assimilation   Deliverance - Assimilation Icon_minitimeSun Jul 27, 2008 7:21 pm

ROTFL!!
*spits drink out*
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Deliverance - Assimilation   Deliverance - Assimilation Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Deliverance - Assimilation
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: