Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Outta here....

Go down 
+5
Stender
Thrasher73
mc666
MetalGuy71
Metal Misfit
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 3367

Outta here.... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Outta here....   Outta here.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 21, 2008 10:17 pm

DenimAndLeather wrote:
What do cockroaches have to do with weather?

Nuthin... it's just proof that your weather AND your insect to person ration sucks. lol!
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Outta here....   Outta here.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 22, 2008 12:28 am

DenimAndLeather wrote:
Where ya' going in florida?

Northwest FL. Fort Walton Beach. About an hour east of Pensacola. My grandparents have lived there forever, so I've always visited since being a kid, but I actually lived there from '98-'06. I moved to Michigan along with my old lady because she wanted to be closer to *her* family.

I don't miss Florida AT ALL though. Way too hot, way too humid, and a few years ago we went on the run two or three times because of hurricanes. I worked in pest control/lawncare my last 2 years there and that'll really teach you to hate Florida weather-- working in it 5 days a week nonstop.

My flight's tomorrow around 11am EST. If everything remains on time, I'll be landing in Pensacola 4:19PM central time. Ugh. I hate flying. I didn't used to when I was little, but now I get really nervous about it and worry the whole time that the plane is gonna crash.
Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 3367

PostSubject: Re: Outta here....   Outta here.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 22, 2008 1:30 am

Michigan rocks! 🤘
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Outta here....   Outta here.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 22, 2008 5:59 am

Quote :
Northwest FL. Fort Walton Beach.

That's where I live. PM me your cell and I'll give you a call if you want.

Quote :
I worked in pest control/lawncare my last 2 years there and that'll really teach you to hate Florida weather-- working in it 5 days a week nonstop.

You can't beat the weather from Sept- June.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Outta here....   Outta here.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 22, 2008 10:24 am

Hey Rich. Is the panhandle much different than the rest of FLA [people's attitude-wise]? I am asking sincerely. Because the 8 months I lived in Tampa were hell. I always said I was going to name my autobiography "I got a zit in at terrible place - Tampa, Florida"! Think it would sell?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Outta here....   Outta here.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 22, 2008 10:25 am

MM - if ya get a chance to hang with Rich, take it. He is a fun dude in real life, too.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Outta here....   Outta here.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 22, 2008 12:43 pm

Quote :
Hey Rich. Is the panhandle much different than the rest of FLA [people's attitude-wise]?

Not even close. This is old time south. Southern hopitality. When you walk down the street, people who don't even know you wave. Just regular people here.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Outta here....   Outta here.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 22, 2008 12:46 pm

...unless you're not white.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Outta here....   Outta here.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 22, 2008 12:54 pm

Nope, people pretty much co-exist no matter what color you are. I've been all over, and this place has no more racist people than where I lived in Cali.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Outta here....   Outta here.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 22, 2008 12:59 pm

I hope that is how it is in FT Walton, and I don't doubt what you are saying is true, but honestly how would you know if it were racist? White people tend not to notice prejudice on the same level as those being prejudiced against, unless it is whites who are being singled out. Its just been my experience that the South is pretty darn racist still to this day. Ignorance is pretty thick down here. My black wife disagrees with me though. So I may just be wrong on this as well.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Outta here....   Outta here.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 22, 2008 1:02 pm

Quote :
White people tend not to notice prejudice on the same level as those being prejudiced against,

So you can't tell either then?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Outta here....   Outta here.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 22, 2008 1:05 pm

DenimAndLeather wrote:
Quote :
White people tend not to notice prejudice on the same level as those being prejudiced against,

So you can't tell either then?

"Tend". That wasn't an absolute statement. I definitely feel opression here unlike anywhere else I have ever been in my life.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Outta here....   Outta here.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 22, 2008 1:11 pm

I don't really know what to tell you, man. I's just something I don't worry about or really care about. I just try to live. And right now, that is hard enough.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Outta here....   Outta here.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 22, 2008 1:13 pm

DenimAndLeather wrote:
I don't really know what to tell you, man. I's just something I don't worry about or really care about. I just try to live. And right now, that is hard enough.

I was just sayin. No sweat. I love you. Sad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Outta here....   Outta here.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 22, 2008 1:32 pm

Yeah, let's not start that again. I "tend" to believe, Rich, as I have only driven through the panhandle. But my experience with the rest of Florida sides with Spec. And the weird thing is, there are more "Non-Floridians" [displaced Canadians, senior Citizens, etc] in Fla, than anywhere. So, maybe that has something to do with it. Either way, the old saying, "Nice place to visit, but I wouldn't want to live there", must have been coined in So. Fla.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Outta here....   Outta here.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 22, 2008 1:32 pm

South florida isn't even america.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Outta here....   Outta here.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 22, 2008 1:35 pm

And Colorado still belongs to Texas.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Outta here....   Outta here.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 22, 2008 1:37 pm

Does New Mexico ever stop being "New"?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Outta here....   Outta here.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 22, 2008 1:40 pm

You guys are right about South Florida. What a racist place. Those cubans hate white people.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Outta here....   Outta here.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 22, 2008 1:42 pm

But their food and their women taste so good.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Outta here....   Outta here.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 22, 2008 1:43 pm

Their food tastes like ass.

And those Puerto ricans in Orlando are racist as hell too. I've seen that first hand.

So you guys are right. White people get treated like crap down there.

And the jews in Boca, holy cow. disclaimer: The jewish people are usually pretty nice.
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Outta here....   Outta here.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2008 9:53 pm

BACK! Good times, but I'm exhausted from it all!

Wow, look what this thread has become. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Outta here....   Outta here.... - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Outta here....
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2