Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Iron "Paul DiAnno" Maiden Poll

Go down 
+18
SAHB Healer
James B.
candlemass
thejokeriv
Velvet Creation
QuothTheRaven
Rex
skullsmasher
Tall Tyrion
the sentinel
DallasBlack
Martin
nevermore
kmorg
AchrisK
DeathCult
mc666
MoonChild
22 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Choose Your Pick
Strange World
Iron "Paul DiAnno" Maiden Poll Vote_lcap6%Iron "Paul DiAnno" Maiden Poll Vote_rcap
 6% [ 3 ]
Wrath Child
Iron "Paul DiAnno" Maiden Poll Vote_lcap17%Iron "Paul DiAnno" Maiden Poll Vote_rcap
 17% [ 8 ]
Phantom of the Opera
Iron "Paul DiAnno" Maiden Poll Vote_lcap13%Iron "Paul DiAnno" Maiden Poll Vote_rcap
 13% [ 6 ]
Murder in the Rue Morgue
Iron "Paul DiAnno" Maiden Poll Vote_lcap25%Iron "Paul DiAnno" Maiden Poll Vote_rcap
 25% [ 12 ]
Killers
Iron "Paul DiAnno" Maiden Poll Vote_lcap17%Iron "Paul DiAnno" Maiden Poll Vote_rcap
 17% [ 8 ]
Running Free
Iron "Paul DiAnno" Maiden Poll Vote_lcap6%Iron "Paul DiAnno" Maiden Poll Vote_rcap
 6% [ 3 ]
Remember Tomorrow
Iron "Paul DiAnno" Maiden Poll Vote_lcap15%Iron "Paul DiAnno" Maiden Poll Vote_rcap
 15% [ 7 ]
Another Life
Iron "Paul DiAnno" Maiden Poll Vote_lcap1%Iron "Paul DiAnno" Maiden Poll Vote_rcap
 1% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 48

AuthorMessage
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

Iron "Paul DiAnno" Maiden Poll Empty
PostSubject: Iron "Paul DiAnno" Maiden Poll   Iron "Paul DiAnno" Maiden Poll Icon_minitimeSun Jul 20, 2008 8:05 am

I know that some of us may not really enjoy the Paul DiAnno days, but we have to agree that both the DiAnno era albums contain gems!
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Iron "Paul DiAnno" Maiden Poll   Iron "Paul DiAnno" Maiden Poll Icon_minitimeSun Jul 20, 2008 8:15 am

DiAnno's Maiden albums are every bit as good as anything else they've ever done.

DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Iron "Paul DiAnno" Maiden Poll   Iron "Paul DiAnno" Maiden Poll Icon_minitimeSun Jul 20, 2008 8:30 am

They're my favorite Maiden.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
AchrisK
Metal master
Metal master
AchrisK

Number of posts : 975

PostSubject: Re: Iron "Paul DiAnno" Maiden Poll   Iron "Paul DiAnno" Maiden Poll Icon_minitimeSun Jul 20, 2008 10:53 am

Same here
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Iron "Paul DiAnno" Maiden Poll   Iron "Paul DiAnno" Maiden Poll Icon_minitimeSun Jul 20, 2008 10:58 am

Gory Blister!! NICE!!!

And I pick Remember Tomorrow. They are really showing their roots on that one.

Metal master
Metal master
AchrisK

Number of posts : 975

PostSubject: Re: Iron "Paul DiAnno" Maiden Poll   Iron "Paul DiAnno" Maiden Poll Icon_minitimeSun Jul 20, 2008 11:00 am

Yeah man, I am blown away by their latest, Skymorphosis. Amazing prog/tech death/thrash. I also recently got Art Bleeds. I also have two demo tapes from them.

Sorry for the off topic, it's K's fault Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Iron "Paul DiAnno" Maiden Poll   Iron "Paul DiAnno" Maiden Poll Icon_minitimeSun Jul 20, 2008 11:12 am

Iron Maiden, Killers & Maiden Japan are still my favorite Maiden albums. The only Dickinson album that I would give a "perfect" rating to would be Number Of The Beast.

The best thing about the DiAnno records is they were FUN, reckless abandon set to music. They sounded like the most talented, brutal garage band in history. After Dickinson joined I think they started to take themselves too seriously...a problem they never recovered from IMO.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25900

PostSubject: Re: Iron "Paul DiAnno" Maiden Poll   Iron "Paul DiAnno" Maiden Poll Icon_minitimeSun Jul 20, 2008 11:49 am

mc666 wrote:
DiAnno's Maiden albums are every bit as good as anything else they've ever done.

I agree 100%!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Iron "Paul DiAnno" Maiden Poll   Iron "Paul DiAnno" Maiden Poll Icon_minitimeSun Jul 20, 2008 12:03 pm

Out of those, I went with Rue Morgue. Otherwise, I would've picked Innocent Exile or Prowler. They're all mega classics in my book. The first two albums are legendary.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Iron "Paul DiAnno" Maiden Poll   Iron "Paul DiAnno" Maiden Poll Icon_minitimeSun Jul 20, 2008 12:41 pm

I'd pick Sanctuary. But out of those, Remember Tomorrow is epic! And I am firmly in the Di'Anno camp, as well, for the record.
Back to top Go down
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: Iron "Paul DiAnno" Maiden Poll   Iron "Paul DiAnno" Maiden Poll Icon_minitimeSun Jul 20, 2008 12:56 pm

Cool, I am surprised to see less votes for Phantom of the Opera, but as I see it, Bruce did a better job with that song than Paul.
Back to top Go down
Martin
Metal novice
Metal novice
Martin

Number of posts : 41

PostSubject: Re: Iron "Paul DiAnno" Maiden Poll   Iron "Paul DiAnno" Maiden Poll Icon_minitimeSun Jul 20, 2008 1:45 pm

Voted for Killers. I like everything they did with Paul and I even think of Killers a their best record ever.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Iron "Paul DiAnno" Maiden Poll   Iron "Paul DiAnno" Maiden Poll Icon_minitimeSun Jul 20, 2008 2:58 pm

Killers is one of my top Maiden albums and Murders In The Rue Morgue was my first and favorite DiAnno songs.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Iron "Paul DiAnno" Maiden Poll   Iron "Paul DiAnno" Maiden Poll Icon_minitimeSun Jul 20, 2008 10:25 pm

I went with Remember Tomorrow" cuz it's essential Maiden to me. Piece is my all time fave Maiden, but I love the Paul DiAnno discs as much as any other Maiden album, if not more. Good poll, Moonchild. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 3367

PostSubject: Re: Iron "Paul DiAnno" Maiden Poll   Iron "Paul DiAnno" Maiden Poll Icon_minitimeSun Jul 20, 2008 10:55 pm

LOVE the Di'Anno years. Killers is my favorite Maiden album ever and Murders in the Rue Morgue got my vote here.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Iron "Paul DiAnno" Maiden Poll   Iron "Paul DiAnno" Maiden Poll Icon_minitimeSun Jul 20, 2008 10:56 pm

I went with Murders in this poll. I love the Di'anno era stuff and even have some of his solo stuff and Battlezone era releases as well. Just because I perfer Bruce doesn't mean that I don't hold Di'anno in high regard .
Back to top Go down
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: Iron "Paul DiAnno" Maiden Poll   Iron "Paul DiAnno" Maiden Poll Icon_minitimeMon Jul 21, 2008 1:04 am

PeyoteWereWolf wrote:
Just because I perfer Bruce doesn't mean that I don't hold Di'anno in high regard .

🤘 very happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Iron "Paul DiAnno" Maiden Poll   Iron "Paul DiAnno" Maiden Poll Icon_minitimeMon Jul 21, 2008 3:08 am

Glad to see you enjoyed my responce there Moon lol!
Back to top Go down
skullsmasher
Metal master
Metal master
skullsmasher

Number of posts : 638

PostSubject: Re: Iron "Paul DiAnno" Maiden Poll   Iron "Paul DiAnno" Maiden Poll Icon_minitimeMon Jul 21, 2008 11:14 am

I like all Maiden better than most bands out there but the DiAnno era was fantastic. I have a hard time choosing a favorite song but went with Phantom. In my opinion DiAnno did the songs from the first two albums better than Bruce ever did but I heard Paul's versions before Bruce ever came along and was used to hearing them done that certain way. The Bruce Maiden is great too but it almost seems like a different band to me. I just couldn't quite get into Bruce doing "Running Free" and "Wrathchild" those to me are Pauls songs and always will be.
Back to top Go down
Rex
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

Number of posts : 2056

PostSubject: Re: Iron "Paul DiAnno" Maiden Poll   Iron "Paul DiAnno" Maiden Poll Icon_minitimeMon Jul 21, 2008 11:28 am

mc666 wrote:

Negative!

Although I agree with that statement musically. Just not vocally. Paul doesn't hold a candle to Bruce in his prime IMO.
Back to top Go down
QuothTheRaven
Metal master
Metal master
QuothTheRaven

Number of posts : 874

PostSubject: Re: Iron "Paul DiAnno" Maiden Poll   Iron "Paul DiAnno" Maiden Poll Icon_minitimeMon Jul 21, 2008 12:03 pm

I went with Wrathchild. That song just makes me happy! It must be the reckless abandon detuned mentioned. I also could have voted for "Phantom." That tune has all elements in place for the epics to come and its on their debut! Awesome! headbanger
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Iron "Paul DiAnno" Maiden Poll   Iron "Paul DiAnno" Maiden Poll Icon_minitimeMon Jul 21, 2008 12:17 pm

Murder and I agree with Rex. I'm a power metal fan before a punk fan.
Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 3367

PostSubject: Re: Iron "Paul DiAnno" Maiden Poll   Iron "Paul DiAnno" Maiden Poll Icon_minitimeMon Jul 21, 2008 12:37 pm

Paul doesn't hold a candle to Bruce, he holds a flamethrower.

I'll agree that Bruce is better in an objective sense, as he has a
wider range and more raw power than Paul, but I like Paul's vocals
every bit as much. He had an attitude that came across in his vocals
that more than made up for his lack of range, IMO.
Back to top Go down
Velvet Creation
Metal student
Metal student
Velvet Creation

Number of posts : 126

PostSubject: Re: Iron "Paul DiAnno" Maiden Poll   Iron "Paul DiAnno" Maiden Poll Icon_minitimeMon Jul 21, 2008 1:05 pm

get_the_firehouse wrote:
...or Prowler... The first two albums are legendary.

I agree with you on that. Prowler and Purgatory are my favorite Maiden songs. Out of the list I picked Wrathchild.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Iron "Paul DiAnno" Maiden Poll   Iron "Paul DiAnno" Maiden Poll Icon_minitimeMon Jul 21, 2008 1:06 pm

I don't remember the last time I heard the first 2 albums. I like them. Just not alot.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Iron "Paul DiAnno" Maiden Poll   Iron "Paul DiAnno" Maiden Poll Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Iron "Paul DiAnno" Maiden Poll
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next