Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

CD collection Website

Go down 
+15
A Handful of Wayne
EvyMetal
DeathCult
kmorg
DallasBlack
MetalGuy71
Thrasher73
Metal Misfit
exact33
Fat Freddy
scottmitchell74
ultmetal
mc666
thejokeriv
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

CD collection Website - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: CD collection Website   CD collection Website - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2008 2:38 am

spectrefate wrote:
kmorg wrote:
I like it. But what I don't understand is why have all the alphabet letters lined up first, and then new letters when the band names appear. Skip the first alphabet, and stick with the letters above the bands. Just my 2 cents.

OK. Thanks!

Its just that the little letters are your navigation so you don't have to scroll down to "T" or whatever.

Yeah, I got that, but you still have to scroll to get to the first "T" also! Laughing Maybe you should align them horisontal instead?

Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

PostSubject: Re: CD collection Website   CD collection Website - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2008 5:11 pm

very wide range of music. I would like to see some reviews though. How does one aquire a website like this?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: CD collection Website   CD collection Website - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2008 5:14 pm

Thanks.

To get one you start typing it out.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: CD collection Website   CD collection Website - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2008 6:13 pm

I like the idea for sure and congrats on getting it up to the stage it's at, the only gripe I'd have with it is some of the names, example in "F" you have Lita Ford, I personally would do it Ford, Lita. But it's your site and that's only me being picky.

Well Done.

Ohh and the Anthrax reviews are grand but since you are putting the tracklist & Label up, would you not consider placing the band members on each album too ? you wouldn't have to do all the linking that other sites do with members, but just the album line up might be cool too.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: CD collection Website   CD collection Website - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2008 6:38 pm

Thanks Locky, I probably will do that Ford, Lita thing.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: CD collection Website   CD collection Website - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 18, 2008 4:36 am

I've always done the name thing sorted after the first name. Stuff like Alice cooper and Lizzy Borden makes me do that.

PostSubject: Re: CD collection Website   CD collection Website - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 18, 2008 1:49 pm

kmorg wrote:
I've always done the name thing sorted after the first name. Stuff like Alice cooper and Lizzy Borden makes me do that.
I do that, but it gets to be a pain. I mean, I have album by Ben Harper, and then Ben Harper and the Innocent Criminals. One in a person's name, the other a band's name. I might be forgetting how to properly alphabetize, but I'm thinking the one goes Harper, Ben and the other is just Ben Harper and the Innocent Criminals. I have them listed under H as Harper, Ben and the Innocent Criminals, which is stupid since I have Jon Oliva's Pain under J. Haha.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39646

PostSubject: Re: CD collection Website   CD collection Website - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 22, 2008 12:03 pm

Looks pretty good to me. I'd like to do something like this,if I knew how don\'t know Embarassed
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: CD collection Website   CD collection Website - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2008 10:45 am

As much as I have tried to have an original idea, I had to succumb to making my own version of someone else's idea. Sad I will be slowly adding reviews to the site, and they will be in the following format:

http://www.brianleemarshall.com/cooper.html

I think at some point, the site will need a name since it's more than just a list of my CDs now, but I'll cross that bridge when I have to.
I don't expect many to care, but through this thread I get to keep track of what I changed and when. Of course, feedback is always appreciated. Thanks!
Back to top Go down
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

PostSubject: Re: CD collection Website   CD collection Website - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2008 6:28 pm

Name it "I don't give a crap what you think about these cd's, they're mine, and if you send me hate mail, I will sit back, have a cigar and laugh at your stupidity"

That'd be sick.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: CD collection Website   CD collection Website - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2008 8:22 pm

You may be on to something, Evy. Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: CD collection Website   CD collection Website - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2008 8:25 pm

I like the look. I still like that second version you showed me best, but that's just me. This one is fine. Looks cool. I'm not a fan of all the colored font, though. I don't like that on NLTM and MM either. But again, just personal preference. Not many others will give a crap.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: CD collection Website   CD collection Website - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2008 12:52 pm

I finally picked a name and used my own handwriting in the new logo. If you care, great! If not, great! Thanks for your time.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: CD collection Website   CD collection Website - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2008 12:57 pm

spectrefate wrote:
I finally picked a name and used my own handwriting in the new logo. If you care, great! If not, great! Thanks for your time.

Man, that sucks! It's gonna make my No Life Till EL DeBarge website look like crap.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: CD collection Website   CD collection Website - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2008 1:04 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:

Man, that sucks! It's gonna make my No Life Till EL DeBarge website look like crap.

That was my plan all along. :eyesore:
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: CD collection Website   CD collection Website - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2008 1:56 pm

I am angrily shaking my fist at you.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: CD collection Website   CD collection Website - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2008 2:31 pm

I just found this now cause I never look in this section. Glad I inspired you to do this but it is no where as great as mine. I suggest you start over immediatly and avoid further humiliation Razz
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: CD collection Website   CD collection Website - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2008 2:33 pm

Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:
I just found this now cause I never look in this section. Glad I inspired you to do this but it is no where as great as mine. I suggest you start over immediatly and avoid further humiliation Razz

Stop being an asshat and tell me how awesome it is. You're all a bunch of jealous DeBarge lovin' bastards! Razz
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: CD collection Website   CD collection Website - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2008 3:47 pm

Let's all start No Life 'Til... sites. Like No Life 'Til Birth, No Life 'Til Tiffany, No Life 'Til Pleather...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: CD collection Website   CD collection Website - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2008 3:47 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Let's all start No Life 'Til... sites. Like No Life 'Til Birth, No Life 'Til Tiffany, No Life 'Til Pleather...

That would be neat!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37656

PostSubject: Re: CD collection Website   CD collection Website - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2008 3:48 pm

I got dibs on "No Life Til PBR"

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: CD collection Website   CD collection Website - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2008 8:51 pm

how bout No Life Til You Suck My Nuts? can I even say that here?
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: totally cool collection, I am jealous Black Flag collection   CD collection Website - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2008 9:00 pm

Guest wrote:
After being inspired to do it from Phoenix Reign
Drummer, and Finally after a couple of weeks of work, I have begun my
first CD collection site. I haven't quite decided what else, if
anything, I will add, but it features all of my CDs in an easy to
navigate site.

When you get a chance, check it out!

It's still uploading, so give it a few minutes. Smile

CD collection Website - Page 3 Collection_logo
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: CD collection Website   CD collection Website - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2008 10:00 pm

Thanks Manny. Smile
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: You need more Doors !!!!   CD collection Website - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2008 4:06 pm

spectrefate wrote:
Thanks Manny. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: CD collection Website   CD collection Website - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

CD collection Website
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next