Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

How Many Of You...

Go down 
+9
Thrasher73
exact33
mc666
Fat Freddy
scottmitchell74
jstate
tohostudios
Metal Misfit
DeathCult
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

How Many Of You... Empty
PostSubject: How Many Of You...   How Many Of You... Icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2008 6:08 pm

Have a spouse or significant other that listens to music you hate? When we met 25 years ago my wife listened to some hair metal and kind of poppier stuff. About 5 years ago Alan Jackson moved into the house and overstayed his welcome. Argggggggggggghhh. I hate modern country.
Back to top Go down

How Many Of You... Empty
PostSubject: Re: How Many Of You...   How Many Of You... Icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2008 6:10 pm

lol! that sucks sorry but yeah I know what you mean. I went out with this girl who couldnt get enough of all this emo stuff sick needless to say we're not dating any more
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

How Many Of You... Empty
PostSubject: Re: How Many Of You...   How Many Of You... Icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2008 6:16 pm

Yep, for the most part, everythings shared interest though.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

How Many Of You... Empty
PostSubject: Re: How Many Of You...   How Many Of You... Icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2008 6:55 pm

Ugh. I can't stand my fiancee's choice of music. She's pretty much into everything, I'm pretty much just into rock.

lol!

Country, pop, hip hop, what I call American Eagle rock (Fall Out Boy, Panic at the Disco, etc), some of the more modern rock bands like Papa Roach, Chevelle, P.O.D., and Breaking Benjamin.

She can get into a lot of the stuff I listen to though: she likes Poison, AC/DC, Aerosmith, Tesla, Rolling Stones, Def Leppard, Led Zeppelin, Scorpions, Motley Crue, Megadeth (!!!), Bon Jovi, etc. but it's nothing she would listen to on her own or go out and buy.

She knows I hate all the stuff she listens to too. But we have a rule, whoever's car it is gets control of the music.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

How Many Of You... Empty
PostSubject: Re: How Many Of You...   How Many Of You... Icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2008 8:29 pm

Actually, that's never been an issue for me. If a woman I'm dating gets in the car and bitches about the music, she's history. She can certainly pick music she likes as long as it's music I like too. Or at least can tolerate.

Since I have such broad musical tastes, it's rarely been an issue; we can usually find common ground. My enjoyment of Elton John and Billy Joel often come in handy.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

How Many Of You... Empty
PostSubject: Re: How Many Of You...   How Many Of You... Icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2008 8:32 pm

I'm kind of lucky (or just whipped maybe) but my girlfriend's music is stuff I can at least tolerate. Arcade Fire, Decemberists, Modest Mouse and the like. Basically adult alternative. Though the Sigur Ros and Sufjan Stevens leaves me beyond perplexed.

I don't force the metal and she doesn't judge it. So I guess that is the balance. Plus there is enough over-lap beyond our own tastes that a happy medium can always be found for trips and such.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

How Many Of You... Empty
PostSubject: Re: How Many Of You...   How Many Of You... Icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2008 9:01 pm

My wife hates metal and I can't stand the vast majority of gospel but we meet in the middle with some CCM, The Jackson 5, dub and reggae.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

How Many Of You... Empty
PostSubject: Re: How Many Of You...   How Many Of You... Icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2008 10:32 pm

My wife's a country fan, always has been. I am not crazy about most of it but it could be worse, she could be into hip hop.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

How Many Of You... Empty
PostSubject: Re: How Many Of You...   How Many Of You... Icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2008 10:39 pm

my wife listens to metal, rock, R&B, hip-hop, jazz, pop, alternative, & the blues.

exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

How Many Of You... Empty
PostSubject: Re: How Many Of You...   How Many Of You... Icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2008 10:52 pm

scottmitchell74 wrote:
My wife hates metal and I can't stand the vast majority of gospel but we meet in the middle with some CCM, The Jackson 5, dub and reggae.

same here with the metal and ccm. We meet in the middle with stuff from The Electrics, Third Day, Petra and some others. I listen to my music all the time at work so i dont really have to sneak a listen (although I hope I am never caught on tape driving down the road to my music)

How Many Of You... Empty
PostSubject: Re: How Many Of You...   How Many Of You... Icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2008 10:53 pm

emptytomb1 wrote:
Have a spouse or significant other that listens to music you hate? When we met 25 years ago my wife listened to some hair metal and kind of poppier stuff. About 5 years ago Alan Jackson moved into the house and overstayed his welcome. Argggggggggggghhh. I hate modern country.

My wife is an engineer/actress/director so she listens to alot of show tunes. Oh boy.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

How Many Of You... Empty
PostSubject: Re: How Many Of You...   How Many Of You... Icon_minitimeTue Jul 15, 2008 9:54 am

The only cd of mine my wife likes is Georgia Satellites.So we do agree on one thing.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74

How Many Of You... Empty
PostSubject: Re: How Many Of You...   How Many Of You... Icon_minitimeTue Jul 15, 2008 9:57 am

Quote :
(although I hope I am never caught on tape driving down the road to my music)

Yeah, no kidding. I look like a tool about 97% of the time when I'm driving alone. At 34 yo, though, I almost don't care.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

How Many Of You... Empty
PostSubject: Re: How Many Of You...   How Many Of You... Icon_minitimeTue Jul 15, 2008 10:07 am

thrasher73 wrote:
The only cd of mine my wife likes is Georgia Satellites.So we do agree on one thing.

My wife and I agree on Tesla's FIVE MAN ACOUSTICAL JAM and that's about it.

She was a hair metal fan back in the day but even the hair metal bands she liked (Winger, Britny Fox, Skid Row, BulletBoys, etc.) were all the ones I hated!! Well, actually I don't hate Skid Row, I'm just completely burnt out on their first album, and that's the only one of theirs she liked. SLAVE TO THE GRIND (which I still dig) was a little too intense for her. Heh heh!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat

Last edited by Fat Freddy on Tue Jul 15, 2008 10:18 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

How Many Of You... Empty
PostSubject: Re: How Many Of You...   How Many Of You... Icon_minitimeTue Jul 15, 2008 10:12 am

My wife likes the Aerosmith Greatest Hits album.
Back to top Go down

How Many Of You... Empty
PostSubject: Re: How Many Of You...   How Many Of You... Icon_minitimeTue Jul 15, 2008 11:15 am

The surprising thing here is somebody actually married any of you.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74

How Many Of You... Empty
PostSubject: Re: How Many Of You...   How Many Of You... Icon_minitimeTue Jul 15, 2008 11:52 am

So true!
Back to top Go down

How Many Of You... Empty
PostSubject: Re: How Many Of You...   How Many Of You... Icon_minitimeTue Jul 15, 2008 11:53 am

lol!

Nobody is ever going to marry me, I'll guarantee you that.
Back to top Go down

How Many Of You... Empty
PostSubject: Re: How Many Of You...   How Many Of You... Icon_minitimeTue Jul 15, 2008 11:55 am

SoldierUnderCommand wrote:
lol!

Don't say that. Ghey marriage may be allowed in Florida one day.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

How Many Of You... Empty
PostSubject: Re: How Many Of You...   How Many Of You... Icon_minitimeTue Jul 15, 2008 11:58 am

spectrefate wrote:
lol!

Don't say that. Ghey marriage may be allowed in Florida one day.

lol!
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

How Many Of You... Empty
PostSubject: Re: How Many Of You...   How Many Of You... Icon_minitimeTue Jul 15, 2008 11:59 am

Country, pop, hip hop, what I call American
Eagle rock (Fall Out Boy, Panic at the Disco, etc), some of the more
modern rock bands like Papa Roach, Chevelle, P.O.D., and Breaking
Benjamin.

lol! That is so true.
Back to top Go down

How Many Of You... Empty
PostSubject: Re: How Many Of You...   How Many Of You... Icon_minitimeTue Jul 15, 2008 11:59 am

Not me. My girlfriend knows the words to Poison's Talk Dirty To Me. How can you beat that?
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

How Many Of You... Empty
PostSubject: Re: How Many Of You...   How Many Of You... Icon_minitimeTue Jul 15, 2008 12:02 pm

My wife is a Top 40 fan, whatever's popular at the moment. Actually, most of the girls in my life fall into that "I kinda like everything" mode, which really means "I like whatever the local hits station is playing".

Back in the day, I couldn't grow my hair that long and wasn't rail-thin, so I wasn't "metal" enough for most of the rocker chicks I desired, yet with my torn jeans, jew-fro and leather jacket, I was "too metal" for the in-crowd.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

How Many Of You... Empty
PostSubject: Re: How Many Of You...   How Many Of You... Icon_minitimeTue Jul 15, 2008 12:20 pm

lol!

:defleppard:
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

How Many Of You... Empty
PostSubject: Re: How Many Of You...   How Many Of You... Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2008 12:22 am

I don't even have a spouse or significant other. Sad
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Sponsored content

How Many Of You... Empty
PostSubject: Re: How Many Of You...   How Many Of You... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How Many Of You...
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: