Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Doughnuts (The Band)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

Doughnuts (The Band) Empty
PostSubject: Doughnuts (The Band)   Doughnuts (The Band) Icon_minitimeSun Jul 13, 2008 3:59 am

Anyone remember this all-girl band from Umea, Sweden? One of the best bands Victory Records ever signed; different kind of sound, very unique. Sadly, long before you could find anything online, they did three records and then disappeared. No idea what happened to the girls after.

I'm posting it here because while they were a hardcore band, they had a lot of metal in their music. And this was long before the term metalcore was coined. Doughnuts, someone once told me, meant monk in Swedish. Something tells me that's not true. But if it is, I say "Haha!"

http://www.myspace.com/doughnutsumea

🤘
Back to top Go down
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

Number of posts : 2682

PostSubject: Re: Doughnuts (The Band)   Doughnuts (The Band) Icon_minitimeSun Jul 13, 2008 5:16 am

I've heard this band, kinda doomy and gothic in a euro centric kinda way (I think it was the first album). Could of easily found a following amongst the male revenge fantasy rock scene at the time.....i mean Riot Grrl scene.

What about Drain STH while where talkin' all girl Swedish metal bands from the 90's?
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Doughnuts (The Band)   Doughnuts (The Band) Icon_minitimeSun Jul 13, 2008 6:39 am

i have Feel Me Bleed. it is decent enough. not anything extraordinary though.

PostSubject: Re: Doughnuts (The Band)   Doughnuts (The Band) Icon_minitimeSun Jul 13, 2008 11:56 am

mc666 wrote:
i have Feel Me Bleed. it is decent enough. not anything extraordinary though.
The Age of the Circle is their peak. Feel Me Bleed saw them going into a different kind of style. A bit too brooding, I think. Still good, but The Age of the Circle is their "classic."

As for Drain STH, I dig them. Good, solid band. Glad they quit, though; they were going into pop territory with Freaks of Nature. I like that album, but I think they would have gone downhill from there.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Doughnuts (The Band)   Doughnuts (The Band) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Doughnuts (The Band)
Page 1 of 1