Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Japanese Metal... who is this???

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
mr.electric39
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

Number of posts : 1828

Japanese Metal...  who is this??? Empty
PostSubject: Japanese Metal... who is this???   Japanese Metal...  who is this??? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2007 12:08 am

tripping around you-tube... who the heck is this????

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-yNEh0sdd90

wild costumes but the music seems pretty kickin....
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Metal... who is this???   Japanese Metal...  who is this??? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2007 4:08 am

haha, pretty cool!!

Ultimate Black Mass is what it says

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Metal... who is this???   Japanese Metal...  who is this??? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2007 4:13 am

Here they have Peter Criss on guitar!! Very Happy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uzDU4CXKb7s&NR

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Metal... who is this???   Japanese Metal...  who is this??? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2007 8:46 am

That is a band called "Seikima-II" and they rock! Legendary in the land of the rising sun.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Metal... who is this???   Japanese Metal...  who is this??? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2007 11:18 am

Sure does look like Peter Criss' makeup on that guitarist. I wonder how much his makeup was inspired by Criss.

Saxon, do you have any of their CDs?

ult

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37645

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Metal... who is this???   Japanese Metal...  who is this??? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2007 11:33 am

Wow, I remember this band!! When I was in college there was a Japanese guy living on my floor in the dorm who was a HUGE fan of Seikima-II. I remember him showing me some of their concert videos...I couldn't understand a word they were singing, of course, but the makeup and stage show was like a combo of KISS, "Star Wars" and Godzilla! I believe the band's name loosely translated to "End of the World" or "End of The Century" or something like that, they had some kind of apocalyptic sci-fi concept running through their lyrics and art work.

If memory serves, one of the guitarists eventually came to the US and was in the short lived glam band "Cats in Boots"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Metal... who is this???   Japanese Metal...  who is this??? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2007 11:42 am

Yeah - I have a really rare one called "Worst". Very good album!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Metal... who is this???   Japanese Metal...  who is this??? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2007 12:57 pm

Just did a quickie Google search on Seikima-II and came up with this info for those who are curious:

Wikipedia

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SEIKIMA-II

Apparently these guys were so huge that they even had their own video game in Japan, here's a review of it from a gaming site:
http://www.dreamdawn.com/sh/features/seikimatsu.php

All in all, they sound like they were even stranger than I remember!!

Back to top Go down
mr.electric39
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

Number of posts : 1828

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Metal... who is this???   Japanese Metal...  who is this??? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2007 8:15 pm

lol!

you just never know what you'll find on the 'net eh????

trippy stuff.... i found a couple more clips. they're actually a six piece... 3 guitarists...
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com
KissinMaiden
Metal master
Metal master
KissinMaiden

Number of posts : 688

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Metal... who is this???   Japanese Metal...  who is this??? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2007 8:21 am

was taht song in english and japanese?
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Metal... who is this???   Japanese Metal...  who is this??? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2007 12:10 pm

KissinMaiden wrote:

About 95% in Japanese. A lot of bands in Japan will use an occasional English lyric or phrase in their songs (Loudness' early albums were the same way, mostly Japanese but once in a while an English word would pop up)
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Metal... who is this???   Japanese Metal...  who is this??? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 28, 2007 10:59 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
KissinMaiden wrote:

About 95% in Japanese. A lot of bands in Japan will use an occasional English lyric or phrase in their songs (Loudness' early albums were the same way, mostly Japanese but once in a while an English word would pop up)

;Movies are orften like that in Asia too. Especially in India, but I've seen Japanese movies that do it too.

PostSubject: Re: Japanese Metal... who is this???   Japanese Metal...  who is this??? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Japanese Metal... who is this???
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: