Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Anyone know of the band Gojira ?

Go down 
+10
EvyMetal
tohostudios
Chairman_Smith
TheGooch
Troublezone
mr.electric39
arttieTHE1manparty
Wargod
ghost
mc666
14 posters
AuthorMessage

Anyone know of the band Gojira ? Empty
PostSubject: Anyone know of the band Gojira ?   Anyone know of the band Gojira ? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 25, 2007 8:50 am

These guys are on the bill with Trivium & Annihilator here in a few weeks, but I know nothing about them, anybody listen to their stuff ?
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know of the band Gojira ?   Anyone know of the band Gojira ? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 25, 2007 9:30 am

rockdetector has them listed as a death metal band from france. first i've heard of them though.

ghost
Metal master
Metal master
ghost

Number of posts : 814

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know of the band Gojira ?   Anyone know of the band Gojira ? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 25, 2007 9:45 am

French band, goes in the direction of Meshugga.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know of the band Gojira ?   Anyone know of the band Gojira ? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 25, 2007 9:56 am

ahh tits, this is gonna be a dreadful night.

thanks.
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know of the band Gojira ?   Anyone know of the band Gojira ? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 25, 2007 11:52 am

Had a friend go see them and he said they were ok!

Wargod48
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know of the band Gojira ?   Anyone know of the band Gojira ? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 25, 2007 1:25 pm

Gojira are pretty terrible, if you ask me. Just plodding, boring stuff. Check 'em out, though. You may dig 'em.
Back to top Go down
arttieTHE1manparty
Administrator
arttieTHE1manparty

Number of posts : 863

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know of the band Gojira ?   Anyone know of the band Gojira ? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 25, 2007 3:49 pm

I have their CD "From Mars To Sirius". I don't think its bad at all. Its definitely in that melodic death vein.

Arttie
Back to top Go down
http://christianmetalrealm.niceboard.com
mr.electric39
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

Number of posts : 1828

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know of the band Gojira ?   Anyone know of the band Gojira ? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 25, 2007 6:58 pm

the name is the Japanese way to say Godzilla ...... Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know of the band Gojira ?   Anyone know of the band Gojira ? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2007 1:15 am

Eyesore wrote:
Gojira are pretty terrible, if you ask me.
I agree. I find them very similar to Messhuggah, whom I cannot stand in the least.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know of the band Gojira ?   Anyone know of the band Gojira ? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2007 2:21 am

They're alright.
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know of the band Gojira ?   Anyone know of the band Gojira ? Icon_minitimeWed May 16, 2007 12:55 pm

they ar not too bad i saw them live with trivium and annihilator and they got a real good response from the crowd
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know of the band Gojira ?   Anyone know of the band Gojira ? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 30, 2008 5:58 pm

Lately i've been getting in to this band. I think they're pretty killer. To me they're a mix of Morbid Angel meets Godflesh. As far as eyesore's comment that they're plodding... thats probably one of the reasons i like 'em being a fan of doom. They are definately not your typical death band. They got this spacey sound going on too.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know of the band Gojira ?   Anyone know of the band Gojira ? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 30, 2008 5:58 pm

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=4552860
Back to top Go down
Chairman_Smith
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

Number of posts : 1636

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know of the band Gojira ?   Anyone know of the band Gojira ? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 30, 2008 6:04 pm

I don't like them, but one of their members is in Cavalera Conspiracy
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know of the band Gojira ?   Anyone know of the band Gojira ? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 30, 2008 6:06 pm

I only know of them because of the name (naturally).

Just not my thing; I hate grunting/growling.

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know of the band Gojira ?   Anyone know of the band Gojira ? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 30, 2008 6:52 pm

I don't know anything about them. I just want to boost my post count.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know of the band Gojira ?   Anyone know of the band Gojira ? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 30, 2008 10:39 pm

ya ive herd them there pretty much stock new wave death metal kinda boring
Back to top Go down
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know of the band Gojira ?   Anyone know of the band Gojira ? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2008 1:21 am

SAXON1500 wrote:
I don't know anything about them. I just want to boost my post count.

I'm with you on this one.
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know of the band Gojira ?   Anyone know of the band Gojira ? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2008 8:33 am

i quite enjoy the song they do called Ocean PLanet. awesome riff and harmonic in it
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know of the band Gojira ?   Anyone know of the band Gojira ? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2008 2:05 pm

I like this band a good bit. From Mars To Sirius is a good album. They do have a death metal influence but aren't completely a death metal band if that makes any sense (I'm sure it doesn't).
Back to top Go down
Trial by Fire
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Trial by Fire

Number of posts : 271

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know of the band Gojira ?   Anyone know of the band Gojira ? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 01, 2008 4:30 pm

I'm a huge fan of Gojira. I only own 'From Mars to Sirius' because the others are hard to impossible to find around here right now. I'm looking forward to 'The Way of All Flesh' in September. I hope it continues in the same path of progression that the last album went. I like their contrast and range of harshness in the vocals and hope they keep that up.
Back to top Go down
shamgar75
Metal master
Metal master
shamgar75

Number of posts : 683

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know of the band Gojira ?   Anyone know of the band Gojira ? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 01, 2008 9:20 pm

I've heard a couple of songs - OK stuff.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know of the band Gojira ?   Anyone know of the band Gojira ? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 01, 2008 9:24 pm

(French accent)

"What did you see, old man?"

(Old man)

"Gojira....Gojira....Gojira..........."
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know of the band Gojira ?   Anyone know of the band Gojira ? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 01, 2008 9:52 pm

scottmitchell74 wrote:
(French accent)

"What did you see, old man?"

(Old man)

"Gojira....Gojira....Gojira..........."

Exactly!

It just cracks me up that the international movie monster icon is known as "Godzilla" only because of some crappy Japanese dubbing.

Of course, once the original Gojira was such a hit, Toho Ltd. had no choice but to go with the "Godzilla" name the world was familiar with.

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know of the band Gojira ?   Anyone know of the band Gojira ? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Anyone know of the band Gojira ?
Page 1 of 1