Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Chicago - The town, not the band

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Chicago - The town, not the band Empty
PostSubject: Chicago - The town, not the band   Chicago - The town, not the band Icon_minitimeMon Jun 30, 2008 3:35 pm

I'm going to be in Chicago for a few days at a conference for work. I'll be at a downtown Hilton without a vehicle, so suggestions gotta be walkable or reasonable taxi rides. I believe I'm already scheduled to tour both ballparks as part of the conference. Anything else worth checking out? Any music shops worth visiting? Suggestions are welcome and encouraged.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chicago - The town, not the band   Chicago - The town, not the band Icon_minitimeMon Jun 30, 2008 3:38 pm

The Sandy Duncan Museum at 34th and Lakeview is pretty awesome.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Chicago - The town, not the band   Chicago - The town, not the band Icon_minitimeMon Jun 30, 2008 3:40 pm

spectrefate wrote:
The Sandy Duncan Museum at 34th and Lakeview is pretty awesome.

Already on my list of stops. I hear they have her original eye on display.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chicago - The town, not the band   Chicago - The town, not the band Icon_minitimeMon Jun 30, 2008 3:43 pm

...and they have a feature where you can have your face burnt into a Triscuit. It's pretty awesome.
Back to top Go down
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

PostSubject: Re: Chicago - The town, not the band   Chicago - The town, not the band Icon_minitimeMon Jun 30, 2008 3:50 pm

Eat lots of pizza!
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Chicago - The town, not the band   Chicago - The town, not the band Icon_minitimeMon Jun 30, 2008 4:03 pm

EvyMetal wrote:
Eat lots of pizza!

Also on the list. I plan on stuffing my gob with some original Chicago deep dish.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Chicago - The town, not the band   Chicago - The town, not the band Icon_minitimeMon Jun 30, 2008 4:09 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
EvyMetal wrote:
Eat lots of pizza!

Also on the list. I plan on stuffing my gob with some original Chicago deep dish.

I saw a pizza place in Chicago on one of Rachael Ray's travel shows a while ago called "Piece," which is owned (or co-owned) by Rick Nielsen, guitarist of Cheap Trick. The food looked AWESOME!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat

Last edited by Fat Freddy on Mon Jun 30, 2008 4:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chicago - The town, not the band   Chicago - The town, not the band Icon_minitimeMon Jun 30, 2008 4:11 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:

I saw a Chicago pizza place on one of Rachael Ray's travel shows a while ago called "Piece," which is owned (or co-owned) by Rick Nielsen, guitarist of Cheap Trick. The food looked AWESOME!

Yes, you'll Surrender to their pizza which is baked on The Flame.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Chicago - The town, not the band   Chicago - The town, not the band Icon_minitimeMon Jun 30, 2008 4:12 pm

spectrefate wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

I saw a Chicago pizza place on one of Rachael Ray's travel shows a while ago called "Piece," which is owned (or co-owned) by Rick Nielsen, guitarist of Cheap Trick. The food looked AWESOME!

Yes, you'll Surrender to their pizza which is baked on The Flame.

I was waiting for you to say you wouldn't mind a Piece of Rachael Ray.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chicago - The town, not the band   Chicago - The town, not the band Icon_minitimeMon Jun 30, 2008 4:13 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:

That really goes without saying. Smile
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Chicago - The town, not the band   Chicago - The town, not the band Icon_minitimeMon Jun 30, 2008 4:14 pm

spectrefate wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

That really goes without saying. Smile

Ain't that the truth. Yumm-O.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chicago - The town, not the band   Chicago - The town, not the band Icon_minitimeMon Jun 30, 2008 4:14 pm

I'd drizzle HER with some EVOO. Smile
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Chicago - The town, not the band   Chicago - The town, not the band Icon_minitimeMon Jun 30, 2008 4:15 pm

spectrefate wrote:
I'd drizzle HER with some EVOO. Smile

Yummy AND nutritious.

Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: Chicago - The town, not the band   Chicago - The town, not the band Icon_minitimeMon Jun 30, 2008 4:21 pm

Rachel Ray may just possibly be male fantasy overload!
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Chicago - The town, not the band   Chicago - The town, not the band Icon_minitimeTue Jul 01, 2008 4:43 pm

Thanks for tainting my thread with your warped cooking show fantasies, ya pervs. Now does anyone have any real suggestions?
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Chicago - The town, not the band   Chicago - The town, not the band Icon_minitimeThu Jul 03, 2008 2:59 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Thanks for tainting my thread with your warped cooking show fantasies, ya pervs. Now does anyone have any real suggestions?

Sorry, but nope. The only time I've ever been in Chicago was a 2-hour layover in O'Hare Airport on my way to Wisconsin, so obviously I didn't see anything but the airport bar. Lovely airport bar, by the way.

Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Chicago - The town, not the band   Chicago - The town, not the band Icon_minitimeFri Jul 04, 2008 8:40 am

I was in Chicago for only a short period. After the plane landed, we checked in and were then bused off to Great Lakes for boot camp. Being there from January to March made me hate snow and cold weather for many years afterwards (now I am mostly indifferent to it).
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Chicago - The town, not the band   Chicago - The town, not the band Icon_minitimeTue Jul 15, 2008 3:09 pm

Scored some sweet cd's while in Chicago. If you're ever in town, make a stop at Reckless Records (http://www.reckless.com/). Well worth it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chicago - The town, not the band   Chicago - The town, not the band Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Chicago - The town, not the band
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: