Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Any Living Colour fans here?

Go down 
+14
XYZ
Lurideath
metalinmyveins
manny
Selvmord
Troublezone
shamgar75
mc666
arttieTHE1manparty
Required Fields
A Handful of Wayne
MetalRob331
nevermore
Temple of Blood
18 posters
AuthorMessage

Any Living Colour fans here? Empty
PostSubject: Any Living Colour fans here?   Any Living Colour fans here? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 24, 2008 2:21 pm

Don't know if they count as "metal" though.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Any Living Colour fans here?   Any Living Colour fans here? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 24, 2008 2:30 pm

Love em!

Their recent live DVD is great.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: Any Living Colour fans here?   Any Living Colour fans here? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 24, 2008 2:38 pm

I liked their first couple albums. Good stuff. However, I got so burnt out hearing Cult Of Personality on the radio I never really listen to LC anymore.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: Any Living Colour fans here?   Any Living Colour fans here? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 24, 2008 3:16 pm

One of the best funk metal bands ever and like someone said a while ago they're my favorite black metal band.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Any Living Colour fans here?   Any Living Colour fans here? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 24, 2008 3:30 pm

http://www.heartofmetal.net/it-s-only-rock-n-roll-f8/living-colour-t4545.htm

Search function. =)
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Any Living Colour fans here?   Any Living Colour fans here? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 24, 2008 5:54 pm

^ lol... Im glad I learned from everyone elses mistakes before I start a new post and search first haha.

Living Colour is great! I was really into these guys for the longest time and then when they dissapeared after Stain I lost it for them. When they made a comeback I was hoping for the best but The album they came out with was totally garbage. Really bad production and the songs just didnt grab me in the nuts.

Its a shame that they are only known for Cult Of personality because they have a lot of great songs. Corey Glover is also one of the best vocalists.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: Any Living Colour fans here?   Any Living Colour fans here? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 24, 2008 9:50 pm

MetalRob331 wrote:
like someone said a while ago they're my favorite black metal band.

That would be me. lol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
arttieTHE1manparty
Administrator
arttieTHE1manparty

Number of posts : 863

PostSubject: Re: Any Living Colour fans here?   Any Living Colour fans here? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 24, 2008 11:24 pm

They were okay, but I tired of them pretty quickly. A lot of their stuff sounded too much the same.

Arttie
Back to top Go down
http://christianmetalrealm.niceboard.com
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Any Living Colour fans here?   Any Living Colour fans here? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 25, 2008 12:55 am

Ausländer!!!!!!!!!!!!!

shamgar75
Metal master
Metal master
shamgar75

Number of posts : 683

PostSubject: Re: Any Living Colour fans here?   Any Living Colour fans here? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 26, 2008 10:47 pm

Really like Living Colour.

Corey has one of those voices and Vernon's guitar work is great. Enjoy the earlier stuff more, but still worth listening to their entire catalog, especially the live stuff - they certainly bring it.

humble
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Any Living Colour fans here?   Any Living Colour fans here? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 28, 2008 3:14 pm

I liked a few of their songs back in the day but i'm not really a fan.
Back to top Go down
Selvmord
Metal student
Metal student
Selvmord

Number of posts : 238

PostSubject: Re: Any Living Colour fans here?   Any Living Colour fans here? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 28, 2008 10:28 pm

Stain was a great album.

I can relate to the song "Nothingness."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Any Living Colour fans here?   Any Living Colour fans here? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 01, 2008 7:40 am

My wife and I went to see the touring company of Jesus Christ Superstar Sunday, and Corey Glover plays the role of Judas. He still can sing as strong as ever, but his acting left something to be desired.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Any Living Colour fans here?   Any Living Colour fans here? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 22, 2008 4:27 pm

Living Colour count me in as a fan " Stain" under rated and criminally over looked album.
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Any Living Colour fans here?   Any Living Colour fans here? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2009 4:45 pm

Guest wrote:
Don't know if they count as "metal" though.

They certainly helped keep "Body Glove" in business. It's kind of sad that they'll always be remembered for one song, and their "Body Glove" attire, but hey, at least one is remembered for something. Better to be a footnote in history rather than to not be remembered for anything.

I will fess up, I wore "Body Glove" stuff my senior year of high school, along with "Vuarnet" T-Shirts, County Seat clothing, jeans rolled that oh so special way, metal shirts, etc... I was that guy in high school who was man of the people. I didn't classify myself with any group, and I floated somewhere in the middle of the high school social class system. I guess you could call me "A young dude w/out an identity".
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

PostSubject: Re: Any Living Colour fans here?   Any Living Colour fans here? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2009 4:47 pm

I liked their 1st 3 albums but lost track after that. Never heard them in years.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Any Living Colour fans here?   Any Living Colour fans here? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2009 4:48 pm

Great band saw them open for the Rolling Stones in 1989 on the Stones 'Steel Wheels' tour, they were great live. I have not heard any of their more recent albums but I do like their music alot.
Back to top Go down
XYZ
Card-carrying Van Halen Freak
XYZ

Number of posts : 2600

PostSubject: Re: Any Living Colour fans here?   Any Living Colour fans here? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2009 4:57 pm

Cult of Personality is awesome.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Any Living Colour fans here?   Any Living Colour fans here? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2009 6:07 pm

Great band. Favorite album was the second one (can't remember the title)...had that beautiful song "Solace In You" on it. I saw them on the first Lollapalooza tour.

Vernon is a killer jazz guitarist as well.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Any Living Colour fans here?   Any Living Colour fans here? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 17, 2009 4:46 pm

manny wrote:
Great band saw them open for the Rolling Stones in 1989 on the Stones 'Steel Wheels' tour, they were great live. I have not heard any of their more recent albums but I do like their music alot.

Saw that same tour. Other than 'Cult...', nothing I heard from them really turned me on, so I never bothered purchasing any albums.

Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Any Living Colour fans here?   Any Living Colour fans here? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 17, 2009 5:40 pm

I see a lot of their studio albums in the used bins around $5 so I think I will pick up some Living Colour stuff pretty soon. Peace.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Any Living Colour fans here?   Any Living Colour fans here? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 18, 2009 8:49 am

I just couldn't get into most of Vivid. The only song that really stood out was Cult Of Personality (of course). Last night I did listen to a band that had all the elements of Living Colour but didn't have the qualities that made Vivid hard to get into. The band was called Circle Of Soul and while the guitarist was no Vernon but he was pretty good. If anyone is interested, Amazon has their only album used for a penny.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Any Living Colour fans here?   Any Living Colour fans here? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 18, 2009 8:57 am

I liked them when they first came out.
Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

PostSubject: Re: Any Living Colour fans here?   Any Living Colour fans here? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 18, 2009 9:11 am

good band
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Any Living Colour fans here?   Any Living Colour fans here? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 18, 2009 9:21 am

the sentinel wrote:
I see a lot of their studio albums in the used bins around $5 so I think I will pick up some Living Colour stuff pretty soon. Peace.
Stain was much better than Vivid & Time's Up in my opinion. try that one first.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Any Living Colour fans here?   Any Living Colour fans here? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Any Living Colour fans here?
Page 1 of 1