Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Stryper song on myspace....

Go down 
+9
Tall Tyrion
Metal Misfit
mc666
Lurideath
Thrasher73
ultmetal
Fat Freddy
arttieTHE1manparty
Follower of Jesus
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

New Stryper song on myspace.... Empty
PostSubject: New Stryper song on myspace....   New Stryper song on myspace.... Icon_minitimeTue Jun 24, 2008 6:14 am

Peace Of Mind

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=7009042

Last edited by SoldierUnderCommand on Tue Jun 24, 2008 6:18 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Stryper song on myspace....   New Stryper song on myspace.... Icon_minitimeTue Jun 24, 2008 6:17 am

Always great vocals. My favorite thing about the band.
Back to top Go down
Follower of Jesus
Metal student
Metal student
Follower of Jesus

Number of posts : 121

PostSubject: Re: New Stryper song on myspace....   New Stryper song on myspace.... Icon_minitimeTue Jun 24, 2008 6:20 am

I like the new song a lot. I hope its a harbinger of the style they're going back to for the new record.
Back to top Go down
arttieTHE1manparty
Administrator
arttieTHE1manparty

Number of posts : 863

PostSubject: Re: New Stryper song on myspace....   New Stryper song on myspace.... Icon_minitimeTue Jun 24, 2008 7:01 am

I like it. I guess its also available on iTunes.

Arttie
Back to top Go down
http://christianmetalrealm.niceboard.com
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: New Stryper song on myspace....   New Stryper song on myspace.... Icon_minitimeTue Jun 24, 2008 7:41 am

Cool cover. I never realized how much Stryper must have been influenced by Boston till I saw Michael jam on "Peace of Mind" at the benefit concert for the Station Nightclub fire victims on VH1 Classic a while back.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: New Stryper song on myspace....   New Stryper song on myspace.... Icon_minitimeTue Jun 24, 2008 8:10 am

Sounds good. Looking forward to Murder By Pride.

Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: New Stryper song on myspace....   New Stryper song on myspace.... Icon_minitimeTue Jun 24, 2008 8:40 am

Sounds good to me.Hopefully the rest of the album is in the same vein.
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

PostSubject: Re: New Stryper song on myspace....   New Stryper song on myspace.... Icon_minitimeTue Jun 24, 2008 8:44 am

a Boston cover huh. I don't like how he sings this but the music is pretty good.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: New Stryper song on myspace....   New Stryper song on myspace.... Icon_minitimeTue Jun 24, 2008 9:00 am

Michael is one of the best vocalists out there. great cover.

Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: New Stryper song on myspace....   New Stryper song on myspace.... Icon_minitimeTue Jun 24, 2008 9:13 am

I loved the Station Fire benefit version of this and this is good too. I've never owned a single Stryper album, but I'll probably pick the new one up.

Doesn't this seem a bit too much though? Isn't Michael already singing for Boston now? Will Boston start doing Stryper covers now?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Stryper song on myspace....   New Stryper song on myspace.... Icon_minitimeTue Jun 24, 2008 12:35 pm

Quote :
I've never owned a single Stryper album,

Oh man, if you like this, you might like their other stuff too, bro.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Stryper song on myspace....   New Stryper song on myspace.... Icon_minitimeTue Jun 24, 2008 12:41 pm

SoldierUnderCommand wrote:
Quote :
I've never owned a single Stryper album,

Oh man, if you like this, you might like their other stuff too, bro.

Quote :
Doesn't this seem a bit too much though? Isn't Michael already singing for Boston now? Will Boston start doing Stryper covers now?

I believe they were already doing this before he was even singing for Boston. He and Tom are friends snince michael now lives in New England.
Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 3367

PostSubject: Re: New Stryper song on myspace....   New Stryper song on myspace.... Icon_minitimeTue Jun 24, 2008 12:56 pm

Good gover, with the exception of the high-pitched "Yeah!!!!" wails.

I'm still not getting the new album, though. They lost me after the reunion tour and album.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Thrasher73

PostSubject: Re: New Stryper song on myspace....   New Stryper song on myspace.... Icon_minitimeTue Jun 24, 2008 1:23 pm

TT,you need to change your mind on getting the new album :kickbutt:

just kidding
Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

PostSubject: Re: New Stryper song on myspace....   New Stryper song on myspace.... Icon_minitimeTue Jun 24, 2008 1:32 pm

Make me. :mad:

Razz
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Stryper song on myspace....   New Stryper song on myspace.... Icon_minitimeTue Jun 24, 2008 1:33 pm

If you weren't in New Hellico I'd make you.
Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

PostSubject: Re: New Stryper song on myspace....   New Stryper song on myspace.... Icon_minitimeTue Jun 24, 2008 1:44 pm

Yeah, you and whut army? :mad:

SoldierUnderCommand:

New Stryper song on myspace.... 47715

Oops. affraid
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Stryper song on myspace....   New Stryper song on myspace.... Icon_minitimeTue Jun 24, 2008 1:47 pm

You can't spell, and I am THE one man army. Just ask Trog. He even said so.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Thrasher73

PostSubject: Re: New Stryper song on myspace....   New Stryper song on myspace.... Icon_minitimeTue Jun 24, 2008 1:56 pm

just wait til Metal Up.We're gonna drag you out to the nearest cd store and make you buy it.Assuming its out by then Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Stryper song on myspace....   New Stryper song on myspace.... Icon_minitimeTue Jun 24, 2008 2:04 pm

I'm in as long as we can do my old bouncer trick of opening the front door with his head.
Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

PostSubject: Re: New Stryper song on myspace....   New Stryper song on myspace.... Icon_minitimeTue Jun 24, 2008 2:16 pm

I'm sure we'll find a lot of copies in the 99c bin.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Stryper song on myspace....   New Stryper song on myspace.... Icon_minitimeTue Jun 24, 2008 3:38 pm

Wow! I'm no Stryper fan, but he sounds pretty awesome on that Boston tune. Damn.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: New Stryper song on myspace....   New Stryper song on myspace.... Icon_minitimeTue Jun 24, 2008 4:37 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Wow! I'm no Stryper fan, but he sounds pretty awesome on that Boston tune. Damn.

Yea thats one of my favorite songs of all time and he did one heck of a job on it. Anyone hear of that Tommy guy that sings for Boston now?

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=150718048
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: New Stryper song on myspace....   New Stryper song on myspace.... Icon_minitimeTue Jun 24, 2008 4:51 pm

MetalRob331 wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

Yea thats one of my favorite songs of all time and he did one heck of a job on it. Anyone hear of that Tommy guy that sings for Boston now?

[url=http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=150718048
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=150718048[/quote[/url]]

You mean the guy Boston found at Home Depot?

Michael Sweet is playing guitar and singing backup on the current Boston tour - what I don't know is if he gets to sing any lead vocals at all.

Can't wait for the album. I can;t listen to the song until I get home - my work blocks myspace.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Stryper song on myspace....   New Stryper song on myspace.... Icon_minitimeTue Jun 24, 2008 4:51 pm

This song is OK. Much better than their horrible cover of Shining Star. sign
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Stryper song on myspace....   New Stryper song on myspace.... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Stryper song on myspace....
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next