Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Rip and Destroy!!

Go down 
+7
the sentinel
Tall Tyrion
thejokeriv
stepcousin
ultmetal
DeathCult
Fat Freddy
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
skullsmasher
Metal master
Metal master
skullsmasher

Number of posts : 638

Rip and Destroy!! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rip and Destroy!!   Rip and Destroy!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 22, 2008 9:13 am

Back in the day KISS could do no wrong in my opinion, I watched this too when it debuted on TV. It was the the talk of the school the next day. This was also the year that I saw them live for the first time. Very cool for the time, to compare it to todays stuff, of course it doesn't hold up and looks pretty cheesy, but compared to what was happening on TV at the time it really wasn't that bad. CHIPS, Diffrent Strokes, Facts of Life, Quincy, The Incredible Hulk, Wonder Woman, these are shows that most people in America were watching at the time. Not too much of a difference between Kiss Meets the Phanthom and these shows if you look at production and acting quality. We the viewers really didn't know any different so we liked and enjoyed what was out there. I am glad that things have progressed beyond the '70's, but I will always remember KMTPOTP with fond memories and a laugh.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37670

PostSubject: Re: Rip and Destroy!!   Rip and Destroy!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2009 12:07 pm

I'm listening to the KISS KLASSICS disc of re-recordings that came with the SONIC BOOM album... and thinking how cool it would've been if they'd re-done "Hotter than Hell" as "Rip and Destroy"!!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Rip and Destroy!!   Rip and Destroy!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2009 1:01 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
I'm listening to the KISS KLASSICS disc of re-recordings that came with the SONIC BOOM album... and thinking how cool it would've been if they'd re-done "Hotter than Hell" as "Rip and Destroy"!!

LOL!!! That would ROCK!!!!
Back to top Go down
mlotek
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mlotek

Number of posts : 1226

PostSubject: Re: Rip and Destroy!!   Rip and Destroy!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 01, 2010 2:50 pm

stepcousin wrote:
man, I remember seeing that on t.v. the night it
made it's debut. Hey, I was 12 and thought it was the coolest thing
ever. Looking back, maybe it wasnt but I dont think it deserved the
almost 30 years of slamming it has recieved. Yes, it couldve been a
whole lot better but hey, it was 1979 man.

skullsmasher wrote:
Back in the day KISS could do no wrong in my opinion, I watched this too when it debuted on TV. It was the the talk of the school the next day. This was also the year that I saw them live for the first time. Very cool for the time, to compare it to todays stuff, of course it doesn't hold up and looks pretty cheesy, but compared to what was happening on TV at the time it really wasn't that bad. CHIPS, Diffrent Strokes, Facts of Life, Quincy, The Incredible Hulk, Wonder Woman, these are shows that most people in America were watching at the time. Not too much of a difference between Kiss Meets the Phanthom and these shows if you look at production and acting quality. We the viewers really didn't know any different so we liked and enjoyed what was out there. I am glad that things have progressed beyond the '70's, but I will always remember KMTPOTP with fond memories and a laugh.

Same story here pretty much. I don't think I had any KISS records yet, but knew all about them from friends at school, and hearing their albums at a friend's house.
My parents were out for a wedding reception that night so there was no way me and my sister were not going to play the tv LOUD
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37670

PostSubject: Re: Rip and Destroy!!   Rip and Destroy!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2010 8:42 am

Bump bump - bump and destroy!!!!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Rip and Destroy!!   Rip and Destroy!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2010 8:57 am

Rip and Destroy!! - Page 2 47715
You know she's gonna leave you well done...

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mlotek

Number of posts : 1226

PostSubject: Re: Rip and Destroy!!   Rip and Destroy!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2010 9:32 am

Anyone heard the new leaks? the 1974 demo songs Mistake and Smoke?
For 'new' Kiss fans, they will not mean much or sound too hot, but for diehards, pure awesomeness.
'Smoke' sounds like the early/first version of Mr Speed.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rip and Destroy!!   Rip and Destroy!! - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rip and Destroy!!
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2