Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Pests and Vermin?

Go down 
+6
MetalGuy71
jstate
Fat Freddy
tohostudios
scottmitchell74
SAHB Healer
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Pests and Vermin? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pests and Vermin?   Pests and Vermin? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 19, 2008 9:43 am

Quote :
I almost died with that incident. I'd been stung over a thousand times—in my eyes, my mouth, all over. It was horrible.

A similiar thing happened to my cousin when we were kids. He lived out in the suburbs, while I was in the city. It was during the summer and I was supposed to stay with him for the week. A day or 2 before I went, he stumbled upon a hornets nest and was atttacked. He was rushed to the hospital and nearly died. Had it been another day or so, I probably would have been with him and we both woulda got it.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Pests and Vermin?   Pests and Vermin? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 19, 2008 9:46 am

scottmitchell74 wrote:
Quote :
At our old building, we've had problems with squirrels. One time they chewed through all the wiring in our audio room along with a few seat cushions.

That reminds me of a squirrel story. One day years ago there was a power outage and an "explosion" (so called by the folks nearby). Well, we were called to the scene to figure out why (not our role, but when 911 is dialed we have little choice in going). After looking around for a while I found a poor nearly decapitated little squirrel. The little guy bit the wrong wire. His head looked like the sad remains of the guys' head in Scanners. In the end they are simply rodents. Cuter, cuddlier, but rodents who like to chew.

Those little f*ckers climbed up on my deck and chewed threw the gas line on my grille. Then they completely chewed apart the plastic table cloth my wife had on the deck table. I bought a super soaker now that I keep by the doors. When I see them on the deck, I blast 'em.
Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 3367

PostSubject: Re: Pests and Vermin?   Pests and Vermin? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 19, 2008 10:21 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Quote :
I almost died with that incident. I'd been stung over a thousand times—in my eyes, my mouth, all over. It was horrible.

A similiar thing happened to my cousin when we were kids. He lived out in the suburbs, while I was in the city. It was during the summer and I was supposed to stay with him for the week. A day or 2 before I went, he stumbled upon a hornets nest and was atttacked. He was rushed to the hospital and nearly died. Had it been another day or so, I probably would have been with him and we both woulda got it.

When I was a kid back in Michigan, I was in the neighbor's back yard, which had a couple of crab apple trees and a beehive in an old sitting wall. Being a little kid, I naturally thought it would be great fun to start chucking crab apples into the beehive.... don\'t know

They swarmed my head and started doing what bees do best. Instead of running back to my house, I start running the other way. I had a friend at the other end of the street, so his mom treated the stings and sent me home. I don't remember any hospital trip, so I can't have gotten too many stings, but at the time, it felt like hundreds.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pests and Vermin?   Pests and Vermin? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 19, 2008 2:56 pm

When I got stung by all the mud wasps, we were fishing a pond that looks awesome, but would never produce any fish. The water color and structure in the water—stumps, weeds, and pads—is nearly identical to Stump Pond right across the street, which is a great fishery. I mean, I caught a 6.5lb bass in there last year. So my father and I were always curious about the pond across the street, which actually drains into the other pond. Same water, but no fish? Makes no sense.

Anyway, when I got out of the Air Force, my brother and I went to do a little shore fishing at Stump Pond. I was curious again, about the pond across the street. So we pulled over and made our way toward the shore (not where I had once been stung). About halfway there, my brother stops and points at the base of a tree. Sure enough, you could see a steady stream of bees or wasps coming and going. Then further to our right, I see the same thing near another tree. Then I look at me and my brother, a combined weight of about 500lbs, and imagine a vast network of hives underground—and us crashing through right into it all. Scared the hell out of me. I will never go back to that place again. Haha.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pests and Vermin?   Pests and Vermin? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 19, 2008 2:59 pm

Tall Tyrion wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
Quote :
When I was a kid back in Michigan, I was in the neighbor's back yard, which had a couple of crab apple trees and a beehive in an old sitting wall. Being a little kid, I naturally thought it would be great fun to start chucking crab apples into the beehive.... don\'t know

They swarmed my head and started doing what bees do best. Instead of running back to my house, I start running the other way. I had a friend at the other end of the street, so his mom treated the stings and sent me home. I don't remember any hospital trip, so I can't have gotten too many stings, but at the time, it felt like hundreds.
My grandfather has these huge lumps on the back of his neck and head. I guess when my mother was a kid, he was mowing the lawn and disturbed a nest. They attacked. Instead of him running inside, I guess he just started screaming and did laps around the house! Haha. He kept running right by the nest again and again. Brain disconnect! Haha. But he's got some nasty looking reminders. They look like tumors.
Back to top Go down
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

PostSubject: Re: Pests and Vermin?   Pests and Vermin? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 19, 2008 7:04 pm

One that hasn't been mentioned is the damn Deer. When I moved out here I would say "Isn't Bambi cute!"; but that was about $5000 damage to my trucks ago. I've hit two on the road and my ex-wife hit two. They just run right into you, especially when they are breeding. They also ruin my vegetable garden. It's gone from Bambi to feeling like they are just another species of rodent as far as I'm concerned. angry I don't hunt, but I cheer the hunters.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: Pests and Vermin?   Pests and Vermin? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 19, 2008 7:17 pm

Quote :
Those little f*ckers climbed up on my deck and
chewed threw the gas line on my grille. Then they completely chewed
apart the plastic table cloth my wife had on the deck table. I bought a
super soaker now that I keep by the doors. When I see them on the deck,
I blast 'em.

Awesome! Yeah, at our old house I kept a sling-shot in hand for such occassions.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Pests and Vermin?   Pests and Vermin? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 19, 2008 7:49 pm

Damn squirrels keep raiding my bird feeders.

When I see them doing it, I wing ice cubes at them. I've gotten pretty good at nailing the little bastards on the run.

I tried several "squirrel resistant" feeders? Yeah, right. No such thing. How an animal with such a tiny brain can figure things out is freakin' amazing.

Besides throwing ice cubes at them is more fun.

PostSubject: Re: Pests and Vermin?   Pests and Vermin? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 19, 2008 8:38 pm

Why not just call them squirrel feeders and be happy? lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pests and Vermin?   Pests and Vermin? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 19, 2008 8:39 pm

Eyesore wrote:

lol!
Back to top Go down
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

PostSubject: Re: Pests and Vermin?   Pests and Vermin? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 19, 2008 9:17 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Pests and Vermin? - Page 2 647664
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: Pests and Vermin?   Pests and Vermin? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 19, 2008 9:20 pm

ErosEye is a funny guy!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pests and Vermin?   Pests and Vermin? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pests and Vermin?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: