Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Canvas Solaris

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

Canvas Solaris Empty
PostSubject: Canvas Solaris   Canvas Solaris Icon_minitimeThu Jun 12, 2008 9:19 pm

I'm usually not a fan of instrumental music, but this flat out floors me. I first found their Penumbra Diffuse album in Boston. The Sensory label is what sold it. Ken Golden has yet to let me down, whether it's the heavy stuff like Zero Hour, on the Sensory label, or the more avant-garde stuff like A Triggering Myth and Wobbler, on the Laser's Edge label. So I didn't hesitate to buy the Canvas Solaris album, despite never hearing them before.

When I played the album, I kept waiting for vocals. They never came. But I thought the album was fantastic! Still do. Since Penumbra Diffuse, they've put out two more full-lengths. I also snagged their first two releases from Tribunal Records, on the cheap (they're still listed in their clearance section). Their latest is called The Atomized Dream. I just got it today.

So far, the album is killer. They're playing from the same deck of cards here, but they're using more cards. Previously they were a three-piece, now they're a five-piece. One member left (guitars/bass), so they added a guitarist, a bassist, and a dude that rocks out on the analog synth. The synth is what takes this album to another level. The band sounds so much bigger now!

Check out the samples:

PANORAMIC LONG-RANGE VERTIGO (from Penumbra Diffuse)
SINUSOID MIRAGE (from Cortical Tectonics)
REFLECTIONS CARRIED TO MIRROR (from The Atomized Dream)

http://www.myspace.com/canvassolaris
http://www.myspace.com/canvassolarisold

That last link is to a page that features their insane death metal stuff, with vocals. Musically not very different than now, but they had a vocalist on their first few demos. Interesting to hear.
Back to top Go down

Canvas Solaris Empty
PostSubject: Re: Canvas Solaris   Canvas Solaris Icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2008 7:05 am

Good band...their drummer was lined up to do the drums for the new Line Of Fire CD, but then circumstances prevented it and we had to find someone else.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

Canvas Solaris Empty
PostSubject: Re: Canvas Solaris   Canvas Solaris Icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2008 7:41 am

As good as it can be, I can't take a full album of just instramentals. I need the vocals, are it seems something's missing. Glad you like it, though.
Back to top Go down
Rex
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

Number of posts : 2056

Canvas Solaris Empty
PostSubject: Re: Canvas Solaris   Canvas Solaris Icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2008 8:15 am

I had the first two I think at one time, I never could get into it. I met the drummer one time though, very nice guy.
Back to top Go down

Canvas Solaris Empty
PostSubject: Re: Canvas Solaris   Canvas Solaris Icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2008 7:10 pm

scottmitchell74 wrote:
As good as it can be, I can't take a full album of just instramentals. I need the vocals, are it seems something's missing. Glad you like it, though.
I'm with you; I generally need vocals to keep my attention. But there's something about these guys that sets them off from the rest, I think. I just love it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Canvas Solaris Empty
PostSubject: Re: Canvas Solaris   Canvas Solaris Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Canvas Solaris
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: