Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

To The Gory End

Go down 
+3
ensiferum2k
krokus
zombiewalkin
7 posters
AuthorMessage
zombiewalkin
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
zombiewalkin

Number of posts : 292

To The Gory End Empty
PostSubject: To The Gory End   To The Gory End Icon_minitimeThu Jun 12, 2008 2:43 pm

To The Gory End 1947

Ya know I had never heard this band.......dont know why either. With a cover that is a painting from a famous scene from the movie Dawn of the Dead (1978) I should have been all over it!

Finally I lay ears to it and this is one great piece of death metal with shades of thrash. Some great guitar work which really reminds me of Chuck Schuldiner's Death. Typical early death metal lyrics but I can always get past that. The vocal style is good too. Not all gutteral like Chris Barnes or something. I believe it was Temple of Blood that made the comment that death metal in the 90's seemed to be the best..........with this album I totally agree! A classic early 90's treasure!
Back to top Go down

To The Gory End Empty
PostSubject: Re: To The Gory End   To The Gory End Icon_minitimeThu Jun 12, 2008 2:46 pm

..and it's only $125.00 to buy. Smile

Cancer is a pretty awesome death metal band.
Back to top Go down
zombiewalkin
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
zombiewalkin

Number of posts : 292

To The Gory End Empty
PostSubject: Re: To The Gory End   To The Gory End Icon_minitimeThu Jun 12, 2008 2:48 pm

spectrefate wrote:

Cancer is a pretty awesome death metal band.

Well then I will just stick to my download and be happy! lol!
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

To The Gory End Empty
PostSubject: Re: To The Gory End   To The Gory End Icon_minitimeThu Jun 12, 2008 3:26 pm

Yes, an old death metal classic, hard to find but cool!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
ensiferum2k
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
ensiferum2k

Number of posts : 340

To The Gory End Empty
PostSubject: Re: To The Gory End   To The Gory End Icon_minitimeThu Jun 12, 2008 4:35 pm

spectrefate wrote:

only if you want the version that has lou diamond phillips with a machete half-way thru his skull
the plain copy goes for a bit less.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

To The Gory End Empty
PostSubject: Re: To The Gory End   To The Gory End Icon_minitimeThu Jun 12, 2008 4:40 pm

Ha! that does look like Lou Diamond Phillips.
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

To The Gory End Empty
PostSubject: Re: To The Gory End   To The Gory End Icon_minitimeThu Jun 12, 2008 5:07 pm

These guys rule! Too bad they broke up again. They released some killer stuff though. Death Shall Rise and To The Gory End are both Death Metal classics!
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

To The Gory End Empty
PostSubject: Re: To The Gory End   To The Gory End Icon_minitimeThu Jun 12, 2008 5:32 pm

Awesome album, this and Death Shall Rise are must haves. Late 80's/Early 90's death metal is my personal favorite when it comes to the genre.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4607

To The Gory End Empty
PostSubject: Re: To The Gory End   To The Gory End Icon_minitimeThu Jun 12, 2008 7:14 pm

Yup, one of the few death metal bands I still listen to on a regular basis. I don't own To The Gory End, but have heard it many times and it's a great album. I found them by accident, actually. I found a copy of Death Shall Rise in the scratched bins for $0.25 and picked it up cause the artwork looked cool. Didn't expect to be picking up a near classic piece of death metal!!

To The Gory End Empty
PostSubject: Re: To The Gory End   To The Gory End Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

To The Gory End
Page 1 of 1