Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

If you could see ANYONE in concert...

Go down 
+23
metalinmyveins
Vordul
thejokeriv
candlemass
scottmitchell74
DallasBlack
iamrockerfun
Troublezone
Hamer12
TheGooch
Olafsto
Lurideath
Wargod
Thrasher73
sovdat
kmorg
MetalH
MetalGuy71
Fat Freddy
ultmetal
INVADERS
mc666
27 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

If you could see ANYONE in concert... Empty
PostSubject: If you could see ANYONE in concert...   If you could see ANYONE in concert... Icon_minitimeTue Mar 20, 2007 10:50 pm

Who would it be? Year/Tour?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If you could see ANYONE in concert...   If you could see ANYONE in concert... Icon_minitimeTue Mar 20, 2007 10:52 pm

I think it would have been cool to see MSG circa '82. Also, my absolute hero, Bob Marley (any tour - anywhere).
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: If you could see ANYONE in concert...   If you could see ANYONE in concert... Icon_minitimeWed Mar 21, 2007 12:59 am

i would have loved to see the original Misfits live.

INVADERS
Metal master
Metal master
INVADERS

Number of posts : 937

PostSubject: Re: If you could see ANYONE in concert...   If you could see ANYONE in concert... Icon_minitimeWed Mar 21, 2007 7:34 am

I would have loved to seen Death Live in any year they were together, especially the Human era
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: If you could see ANYONE in concert...   If you could see ANYONE in concert... Icon_minitimeWed Mar 21, 2007 8:05 am

Thin Lizzy (1977 - 78)
Angel (77 - 79)
Jimi Hendrix (1969)
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: If you could see ANYONE in concert...   If you could see ANYONE in concert... Icon_minitimeWed Mar 21, 2007 8:41 am

If I had access to the Way-Bac Machine I would attend the following shows/tours:

Raven/Metallica (The "Kill'Em All For One" Tour, 1983)

Accept (BALLS TO THE WALL era)

Iron Maiden opening for Judas Priest circa 1981

AC/DC w/Bon Scott on vox

KISS circa LOVE GUN

Dio circa HOLY DIVER

W.A.S.P. circa 1984

Helloween circa KEEPER PART I
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: If you could see ANYONE in concert...   If you could see ANYONE in concert... Icon_minitimeWed Mar 21, 2007 8:47 am

Quote :
Raven/Metallica (The "Kill'Em All For One" Tour, 1983)

That would be a cool one. Also thought about when it was Raven, Metallica and Anthrax toured together. That's quite a bill.

How about Metal Church w/ Metallica opening.

Another one I thought about adding was Judas Priest (Screaming for Vengeance tour) w/ Iron Maiden (Number of the Beast tour), 1982. I wanted so bad to go to that tour when they played at the Spectrum in Philadelphia but I was still a kid and my parents said no.

Quote :

Dio circa HOLY DIVER

Was lucky enough to see this tour with Twisted Sister opening on their You Can't Stop Rock n Roll tour! I believe we saw them at the Tower Theater in Pennsylvania. It was a memorable show that I still remember vividly to this day. I've seen Dio 5 or 6 times since then as well, including the very next year on the Last in Line tour, again with Twisted Sister opeining on their Stay Hungry tour. This time they sold out the Spectrum in Philly. Big difference a year can make.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40559

PostSubject: Re: If you could see ANYONE in concert...   If you could see ANYONE in concert... Icon_minitimeWed Mar 21, 2007 9:19 am

[quote="Fat Freddy"]If I had access to the Way-Bac Machine I would attend the following shows/tours:

Accept (BALLS TO THE WALL era)

That I got to see with them opening up for KISS (Lick It Up tour) at the old Stanley Theater in Pittsburgh (one of the last comcerts there before it was torn down). What a great show that was ! I still have the KISS tour book from that show.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: If you could see ANYONE in concert...   If you could see ANYONE in concert... Icon_minitimeWed Mar 21, 2007 9:50 am

Quote :
I still have the KISS tour book from that show.

You don't want that old ratty tour book anymore. You want to send it to me. Very Happy

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: If you could see ANYONE in concert...   If you could see ANYONE in concert... Icon_minitimeWed Mar 21, 2007 9:51 am

I was too young for some of the "classics"...

Van Halen - early 80's
Led Zeppelin - mid/late 70's
Aerosmith - late 70's

I do have one regret I have about a concert I attended. Ozzy/Metallica, promoting MOP. It was one of the first concerts I went to with friends, no adult supervision. We were going to see Ozzy and didn't really know Metallica at the time, so we stayed in the parking lot and got completely wasted. Totally skipped Metallica, (with Cliff), and barely made it through the Ozzy show. Stupid, stupid, stupid.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40559

PostSubject: Re: If you could see ANYONE in concert...   If you could see ANYONE in concert... Icon_minitimeWed Mar 21, 2007 9:56 am

ultmetal wrote:
Quote :
I still have the KISS tour book from that show.

You don't want that old ratty tour book anymore. You want to send it to me. Very Happy

lol! Its still in really good shape too. I have the Animalize and Hot in the Shade tour books as well.I had the Asylum one BUT like an idiot I set it down during the show and the punks behind me swiped it. I think I'll hold onto them since the tour shirts I bought for each show have long since worn away
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: If you could see ANYONE in concert...   If you could see ANYONE in concert... Icon_minitimeWed Mar 21, 2007 10:44 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:

I do have one regret I have about a concert I attended. Ozzy/Metallica, promoting MOP. It was one of the first concerts I went to with friends, no adult supervision. We were going to see Ozzy and didn't really know Metallica at the time, so we stayed in the parking lot and got completely wasted. Totally skipped Metallica, (with Cliff), and barely made it through the Ozzy show. Stupid, stupid, stupid.

Ouch... that's a PAINFUL story, my friend!! Sad

I remember wanting to go to that show SO bad when it came to Jersey, but I was only fifteen years old at the time... therefore I had no driver's license, no car, and no friends who were going to the show that I could tag along with. (Not to mention that my parents thought my brother and I were "too young" for that sort of thing.) We spent the evening in our basement rec room listening to "Master of Puppets," looking at our watches and saying "Metallica's probably on stage right now... SOB..."

I never did get to see Metallica w/Cliff either... dang parents!!
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: If you could see ANYONE in concert...   If you could see ANYONE in concert... Icon_minitimeWed Mar 21, 2007 10:53 am

It was only the 2nd or 3rd concert that I had gone to without any supervision, so we had to take advantage of that by getting stupid drunk. It wasn't until a coupla years later that I even made the connection that I was at the show and missed Metallica and Cliff. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
MetalH
Metal master
Metal master
MetalH

Number of posts : 647

PostSubject: Re: If you could see ANYONE in concert...   If you could see ANYONE in concert... Icon_minitimeWed Mar 21, 2007 12:28 pm

Queen
Megadeth(Countdown Era)
MetallicA(MoP Era)
Anthrax(Persistance of Time Era)
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/bryanlovestrek
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: If you could see ANYONE in concert...   If you could see ANYONE in concert... Icon_minitimeWed Mar 21, 2007 12:32 pm

Quote :
Queen
Megadeth(Countdown Era)
MetallicA(MoP Era)
Anthrax(Persistance of Time Era)

I was fortunate enough to see Anthrax before they became part of 'the big three' at some clubs in New York and New Jersey. Saw them twice on the Spreading the Disease tour. Great show.

Saw Megadeth on the Cryptic Writings tour. Excellent show. Friedman tour it up. I've seen them twice in the last couple years with the new line-up and they were tight. I think Dave had a great band with him now.

Would have loved to have seen Queen in the 70's. Almost included them on my list.

Metal master
Metal master
INVADERS

PostSubject: Re: If you could see ANYONE in concert...   If you could see ANYONE in concert... Icon_minitimeWed Mar 21, 2007 12:38 pm

Don't you mean ' the big four ' Ult?
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: If you could see ANYONE in concert...   If you could see ANYONE in concert... Icon_minitimeWed Mar 21, 2007 12:40 pm

INVADERS wrote:
Don't you mean ' the big four ' Ult?

:lol

Yes, Big Four. See what happens when you type while you are working.

ult
Back to top Go down
INVADERS
Metal master
Metal master
INVADERS

PostSubject: Re: If you could see ANYONE in concert...   If you could see ANYONE in concert... Icon_minitimeWed Mar 21, 2007 12:41 pm

Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: If you could see ANYONE in concert...   If you could see ANYONE in concert... Icon_minitimeWed Mar 21, 2007 1:47 pm

I always wanted to see Stryper, but they never toured here in the good old days..

Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: If you could see ANYONE in concert...   If you could see ANYONE in concert... Icon_minitimeWed Mar 21, 2007 1:51 pm

I would have loved to have seen Stryper on the To Hell With the Devil tour. Have seen them on reunion shows, including at the second Stryper Expo in California, but always managed to miss them in their heyday.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal

Number of posts : 1786

PostSubject: Re: If you could see ANYONE in concert...   If you could see ANYONE in concert... Icon_minitimeWed Mar 21, 2007 1:51 pm

Razor with Sheepdog.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: If you could see ANYONE in concert...   If you could see ANYONE in concert... Icon_minitimeWed Mar 21, 2007 3:13 pm

Hendrix
Metallica w/Cliff
Megadeth on the Peace Sells tour
Testament on the Practice what you Preach tour
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If you could see ANYONE in concert...   If you could see ANYONE in concert... Icon_minitimeWed Mar 21, 2007 4:34 pm

I'd love see Nevermore live, any concert.
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: If you could see ANYONE in concert...   If you could see ANYONE in concert... Icon_minitimeWed Mar 21, 2007 9:03 pm

Deep Purple/with Tommy Bolin
Free/with Paul Kossoff
Steve Marriot
Moxy/with Tommy Bolin
Detective
Trapeze

Wargod48
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

PostSubject: Re: If you could see ANYONE in concert...   If you could see ANYONE in concert... Icon_minitimeThu Mar 22, 2007 11:10 am

Wasp - 1st album era
Slayer - Hell Awaits era
Alcatraz - with Yngwie
Steeler - original line-up
Whiplash - Power and Pain era
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: If you could see ANYONE in concert...   If you could see ANYONE in concert... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

If you could see ANYONE in concert...
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: