Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Motorhead Stops Making New Albums

Go down 
+4
DeathCult
mc666
MetalGuy71
Thrasher73
8 posters
AuthorMessage

Motorhead Stops Making New Albums Empty
PostSubject: Motorhead Stops Making New Albums   Motorhead Stops Making New Albums Icon_minitimeTue Jun 10, 2008 1:42 pm

If Motorhead were to stop making albums, but continue to tour, do you think their fan base would dwindle significantly?

I don't think so, because Motorhead is Motorhead and peeps will love them live just for the old songs.

What do you think, Jimmy?
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Motorhead Stops Making New Albums   Motorhead Stops Making New Albums Icon_minitimeTue Jun 10, 2008 1:44 pm

Have I mentioned before I dont like Motorhead?
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Motorhead Stops Making New Albums   Motorhead Stops Making New Albums Icon_minitimeTue Jun 10, 2008 1:59 pm

I think most bands, including Motorhead, that have a significant back catalog and have been on the road for many years already could tour without the benefit of a new album. Most fans just want the old stuff anyway.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Motorhead Stops Making New Albums   Motorhead Stops Making New Albums Icon_minitimeTue Jun 10, 2008 2:17 pm

i happen to like newer Motorhead a little better than old (although it's all good).

could Motorhead do the Kiss thing & keep on going without new material? sure they could. even without all the "hits" that Kiss had. it's unlikely though, because Lemmy & the gang still have the ability to write good rock songs, unlike the Kiss boys. and if you still got it, why not flaunt it?

DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Motorhead Stops Making New Albums   Motorhead Stops Making New Albums Icon_minitimeTue Jun 10, 2008 2:51 pm

Not at all, their fanbase would either stay the same or keep growing probably, I mean c'mon its MOTORHEAD!

I also echo mc's thoughts on their writing ability, not to mention, Lemmy isn't the type to stagnate like that, Im sure he'll keep making new music til he cant anymore.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
DeathCult
DeathCult

PostSubject: Re: Motorhead Stops Making New Albums   Motorhead Stops Making New Albums Icon_minitimeTue Jun 10, 2008 2:52 pm

thrasher73 wrote:
Have I mentioned before I dont like Motorhead?

I knew there was something off about you... :kickbutt:
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Thrasher73

PostSubject: Re: Motorhead Stops Making New Albums   Motorhead Stops Making New Albums Icon_minitimeTue Jun 10, 2008 2:59 pm

DeathCult wrote:

Whats that got to do with Motorhead? Suspect
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
DeathCult

PostSubject: Re: Motorhead Stops Making New Albums   Motorhead Stops Making New Albums Icon_minitimeTue Jun 10, 2008 3:02 pm

thrasher73 wrote:
DeathCult wrote:

Whats that got to do with Motorhead? Suspect

Not liking them = something wrong Smile
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

PostSubject: Re: Motorhead Stops Making New Albums   Motorhead Stops Making New Albums Icon_minitimeTue Jun 10, 2008 4:36 pm

I doubt Motorhead will stop making albums. Gotta keep money coming in and raising the catalog.

IF they did stop making albums, they'd still be able to tour for years and years but their fanbase would dwindle because these new album releases and such keep their name out there.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Motorhead Stops Making New Albums   Motorhead Stops Making New Albums Icon_minitimeTue Jun 10, 2008 9:37 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
I think most bands, including Motorhead, that have a significant back catalog and have been on the road for many years already could tour without the benefit of a new album. Most fans just want the old stuff anyway.

Though I agree that they could go for a while without an album and continue to tour successfully (as they have such a large catalogue), I disagree that fans want only the old stuff. Motorhead has always played a healthy balance of old and new material, and their fans always eat it up. Their last 3 live albums (excluding BBC) have included a large amount of newer material and, in some cases, obscure old songs. I think the fans just want anything Motorhead. That's why their albums are judged so little. It's Motorhead! That's all that matters!
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: Motorhead Stops Making New Albums   Motorhead Stops Making New Albums Icon_minitimeTue Jun 10, 2008 9:42 pm

Where I live we have a Motorhead chapter!

What does that tell you!

Wargod48
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Thrasher73

PostSubject: Re: Motorhead Stops Making New Albums   Motorhead Stops Making New Albums Icon_minitimeTue Jun 10, 2008 11:16 pm

Wargod48 wrote:
Where I live we have a Motorhead chapter!

What does that tell you!

Wargod48

That you need a life!

lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Motorhead Stops Making New Albums   Motorhead Stops Making New Albums Icon_minitimeTue Jun 10, 2008 11:20 pm

thrasher73 wrote:
That you need a life!

lol!

You sucha hata!
Back to top Go down
Trial by Fire
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Trial by Fire

Number of posts : 271

PostSubject: Re: Motorhead Stops Making New Albums   Motorhead Stops Making New Albums Icon_minitimeTue Jun 10, 2008 11:41 pm

Misleading thread titles FTW!
Back to top Go down
zombiewalkin
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
zombiewalkin

Number of posts : 292

PostSubject: Re: Motorhead Stops Making New Albums   Motorhead Stops Making New Albums Icon_minitimeWed Jun 11, 2008 11:52 am

I dont thier fan base would dwindle at all if the stopped making albums. I own a few of their titles to begin with but I will go EVERYTIME they hit my town new album or not.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Motorhead Stops Making New Albums   Motorhead Stops Making New Albums Icon_minitimeWed Jun 11, 2008 11:55 am

Spec is like the Fox News of the forum. Nice subject title, dweeb!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Motorhead Stops Making New Albums   Motorhead Stops Making New Albums Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Motorhead Stops Making New Albums
Page 1 of 1