Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Could I Be The Only One Here To Like P.O.D.?

Go down 
+7
Olafsto
MetalRob331
XYZ
GrandNational
tohostudios
mc666
DallasBlack
11 posters
AuthorMessage
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

Could I Be The Only One Here To Like P.O.D.? Empty
PostSubject: Could I Be The Only One Here To Like P.O.D.?   Could I Be The Only One Here To Like P.O.D.? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 07, 2008 12:36 pm

This might go off like a fart in a wind tunnel but with the recent Korn thread I figured, couldn't hurt. Any fans of them? I know rap rock and nu-metal are not well liked, hell, I don't like much of it either but there is just something about these guys I really like. Maybe it's the fact that they are fellow Christians or the mix or reggae and heavy music (notice I didn't say heavy metal) but I like them, particularly Fundamental Elements Of Southtown and Satellite (haven't listened to much of the older or later stuff.

When I first became a Christian and the guy that led me to Christ made me feel guilty about listening to secular music, I didn't have much in the way of Christian or Christian friendly music (except Mortification-Scrolls and Believer-Dimentions). However, there was an article in Metal Edge that featured P.O.D. and someone else in the shop had FES (I was in the Navy aboard an aircraft carrier in the middle of the Persian Gulf). So I gave it a spin and was an instant fan.

Go figure, the guy that led me to Christ was highly suspitious because they had tatoos and nose rings. That was one thing he never made me doubt, the fact that Christians come in all sizes shapes and styles. If I could go back knowing then what I know now I could have easily avoided some of the legalistic stuff and probably wouldn't have sold off over 100 CDs (many that I'm still trying to get back).

Anyways, I digress. Any fans besides me?
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Could I Be The Only One Here To Like P.O.D.?   Could I Be The Only One Here To Like P.O.D.? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 07, 2008 12:39 pm

i'm sure you're not the only one here to like them. i don't though.

tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Could I Be The Only One Here To Like P.O.D.?   Could I Be The Only One Here To Like P.O.D.? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 07, 2008 12:40 pm

POD has a few songs I like (like School Of Hard Knocks) but overall I don't care much for them. But I don't harbor nearly the amount of animosity toward POD as I do toward Korn.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: Could I Be The Only One Here To Like P.O.D.?   Could I Be The Only One Here To Like P.O.D.? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 07, 2008 1:14 pm

I like them. I think they have survived the nu-metal/rap-rock period with flying colors. It probably has to do with the fact that they were around before allthe nu-metal became popular.

I think they were one of my first Christian rock purchases. I remember clearly back in 1999 when I was in college and there was this So. Cal college newspaper called Campus Circle, which is probably still around, have a two page article on them, and the first time I had ever heard of them.

Their description of P.O.D. was a mix between 311, Rage Against the Machine and Biohazard combined with their reggae/Spanish/Christian roots. Then I found out that they had been around since 1992, so I figured it couldn't hurt to check them out.

I went to this cool record store called The Music Exchange (Eyesore, you might be familiar with this place, it's now a sports bar and grill). Found a copy of the Fundamental Elements album in a cut-out for $4. More than anything, I thing these guys love what they do and maybe that's why I still enjoy them.

DallasBlack, you are not alone.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Could I Be The Only One Here To Like P.O.D.?   Could I Be The Only One Here To Like P.O.D.? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 07, 2008 1:22 pm

Yeah, these guys didn't jump the bandwagon, they brought it. I don't love them but my kids have a couple albums and I actually liked a lot of Testify. I kind of get tired of that sound now but it's decent.
Back to top Go down
XYZ
Card-carrying Van Halen Freak
XYZ

Number of posts : 2600

PostSubject: Re: Could I Be The Only One Here To Like P.O.D.?   Could I Be The Only One Here To Like P.O.D.? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 07, 2008 1:31 pm

You could be the only one, but you're not. I like them as well.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: Could I Be The Only One Here To Like P.O.D.?   Could I Be The Only One Here To Like P.O.D.? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 07, 2008 1:43 pm

I like them as well
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Could I Be The Only One Here To Like P.O.D.?   Could I Be The Only One Here To Like P.O.D.? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 07, 2008 4:31 pm

I like them. I was a fan before they got popular so I had the Warriors EP, which had that early demo of "Southtown." So we covered it in Korea, and it became really popular! Haha. The same thing happened with "Last Resort" by Papa Roach. I had their demo of that song, so we covered that, too. Both weren't hit singles for either band yet, so they became hit singles for us! Haha. It was pretty funny, actually.

I always wondered if someone that wasn't really into music ever heard the real versions and went, "Hey! That's a Run DMZ song!" Haha.
Back to top Go down
Olafsto
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Olafsto

Number of posts : 2522

PostSubject: Re: Could I Be The Only One Here To Like P.O.D.?   Could I Be The Only One Here To Like P.O.D.? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 07, 2008 4:37 pm

Not a diehard fan, but I like them as well.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/olafsto
powermacho
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
powermacho

Number of posts : 1778

PostSubject: Re: Could I Be The Only One Here To Like P.O.D.?   Could I Be The Only One Here To Like P.O.D.? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 07, 2008 7:44 pm

I started as a kid listening to POD, so I have listen the band until PAYABLE OF DEATH. I was dissapointed of how many bad songs it had so I lost interest in the band after it.

Southdown is my favorite song from the band
Back to top Go down
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

Number of posts : 2682

PostSubject: Re: Could I Be The Only One Here To Like P.O.D.?   Could I Be The Only One Here To Like P.O.D.? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 07, 2008 11:15 pm

Eyesore wrote:
... I was a fan before they got popular...

The story of your life Laughing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Could I Be The Only One Here To Like P.O.D.?   Could I Be The Only One Here To Like P.O.D.? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 08, 2008 12:22 am

rattpoison wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
Pffft! I only made that comment so the story made more sense.
Back to top Go down
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

Number of posts : 2682

PostSubject: Re: Could I Be The Only One Here To Like P.O.D.?   Could I Be The Only One Here To Like P.O.D.? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 08, 2008 12:28 am

Eyesore wrote:
rattpoison wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

I know, it was a joke. But it's hard to argue, your right there in amongst it right from the start with a lot of successful bands.
Back to top Go down
stepcousin
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stepcousin

Number of posts : 1268

PostSubject: Re: Could I Be The Only One Here To Like P.O.D.?   Could I Be The Only One Here To Like P.O.D.? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 08, 2008 3:12 am

Ive never been a huge fan but I did like them alot a few years ago. These days I break out what I have of theirs once in a while.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Could I Be The Only One Here To Like P.O.D.?   Could I Be The Only One Here To Like P.O.D.? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 08, 2008 8:44 am

Their first two albums were pretty good and i like the occasional Bad Brains vibe they have.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Could I Be The Only One Here To Like P.O.D.?   Could I Be The Only One Here To Like P.O.D.? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 08, 2008 1:44 pm

rattpoison wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
rattpoison wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
I know, it was a joke. But it's hard to argue, your right there in amongst it right from the start with a lot of successful bands.
No doubt. In fact, No Doubt is one of them. Haha. But I've missed out on far more bands than not.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Could I Be The Only One Here To Like P.O.D.?   Could I Be The Only One Here To Like P.O.D.? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Could I Be The Only One Here To Like P.O.D.?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: