Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

HOLLOW - suprisingly good

Go down 
+8
Gilbert
Eyesore
Fat Freddy
MetalGuy71
A Handful of Wayne
Lari
kmorg
ultmetal
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

HOLLOW - suprisingly good - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: HOLLOW - suprisingly good   HOLLOW - suprisingly good - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2019 1:31 am

So who's heard of Binary Creed, Andreas' main project in the 2010's? I'm diggin' this as much, though it is slightly different. They have two albums.

Also, beefier production found within:

Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6337

PostSubject: Re: HOLLOW - suprisingly good   HOLLOW - suprisingly good - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2019 1:41 am

Never heard of Binary Creed.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: HOLLOW - suprisingly good   HOLLOW - suprisingly good - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2019 2:07 am

Lari wrote:

It's essentially Hollow with more symphonic elements and a bit more formula. Not as berzerk yet heavier. You'll dig it.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: HOLLOW - suprisingly good   HOLLOW - suprisingly good - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2019 2:27 pm

corplhicks wrote:
Lari wrote:

It's essentially Hollow with more symphonic elements and a bit more formula. Not as berzerk yet heavier. You'll dig it.

Okay. I ordered A Battle Won from Amazon. The other CD doesn't seem to be that easily available.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: HOLLOW - suprisingly good   HOLLOW - suprisingly good - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2019 2:42 pm

Vocally this is reminding me some of Kiske and I don't remember Hollow doing that.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: HOLLOW - suprisingly good   HOLLOW - suprisingly good - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2019 10:23 am

Calling is a real catchy tune. Can't get it out of my head.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: HOLLOW - suprisingly good   HOLLOW - suprisingly good - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2019 3:37 am

I had this in my car all week. Great tracks: Fate of the Jester (found myself humming this to my baby while changing diapers!), Shadow World (infectious, emotional), Hidden and of course Calling that I already mentioned.

That's already almost half the CD, but anyway I'm impressed and enjoying this thorougly. I'm also looking forward to receiving that Binary Creed CD.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: HOLLOW - suprisingly good   HOLLOW - suprisingly good - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2019 3:43 am

Lari wrote:
I had this in my car all week. Great tracks: Fate of the Jester (found myself humming this to my baby while changing diapers!), Shadow World (infectious, emotional), Hidden and of course Calling that I already mentioned.

That's already almost half the CD, but anyway I'm impressed and enjoying this thorougly. I'm also looking forward to receiving that Binary Creed CD.

You know what this band makes me think of? A cross-breed of Rush, Opeth, and Death. A total recipe for the most fulfilling experience.

Yes, it is an amazing record, my favorite track being Down--strongly reminiscent of I&W Dream Theater with a killer chorus hook. There's a certain retro charm about these songs--although I refuse to compare them to Queensryche lol.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: HOLLOW - suprisingly good   HOLLOW - suprisingly good - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2019 1:24 pm

Lari wrote:

Nor I. Gonna have to look into this later when I'm off work. headbanger
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: HOLLOW - suprisingly good   HOLLOW - suprisingly good - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2019 1:50 pm

corplhicks wrote:
Lari wrote:

You know what this band makes me think of? A cross-breed of Rush, Opeth, and Death. A total recipe for the most fulfilling experience.

Yes, it is an amazing record, my favorite track being Down--strongly reminiscent of I&W Dream Theater with a killer chorus hook. There's a certain retro charm about these songs--although I refuse to compare them to Queensryche lol.

Now that you mentioned Death, Hollow does remind me of Chuck Schuldiner's power metal project band Control Denied. A little bit at least. Esoteric.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: HOLLOW - suprisingly good   HOLLOW - suprisingly good - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2019 6:17 pm

Just realized Binary Creed is the name of a Hollow song.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: HOLLOW - suprisingly good   HOLLOW - suprisingly good - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 02, 2019 4:04 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Just realized Binary Creed is the name of a Hollow song.

Haha, so it is! Killer song too, heavy as shit.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: HOLLOW - suprisingly good   HOLLOW - suprisingly good - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 09, 2019 3:43 am

I got that Binary Creed CD and I find it very good. A lot of variety and it's heavy.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: HOLLOW - suprisingly good   HOLLOW - suprisingly good - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 09, 2019 1:35 pm

I listened to Binary Creed in the car again today and it made me think that this is what I would like Queensryche to sound like today.

Actually I'm not sure they don't since I haven't heard Toddsryche. But at least they sucked up until Mindcrime II which is the last one I got or heard.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: HOLLOW - suprisingly good   HOLLOW - suprisingly good - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 09, 2019 6:32 pm

Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: HOLLOW - suprisingly good   HOLLOW - suprisingly good - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 09, 2019 6:38 pm

I know this thread has now changed into a Binary Creed one, and I promise to stop, but this is just good shit.

Both the new Hollow CD and now this A Battle Won have taken over my stereo system.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: HOLLOW - suprisingly good   HOLLOW - suprisingly good - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 23, 2019 10:11 am

I read an interview where Stoltz said Binary Creed was formed using Hollow demos, but just with a whole band playing so they took a different name. Then after two Binary Creed albums there was a plan to do a third one called "Beyond Eternities", but somehow there was no word of it for some time, and suddenly another Hollow album pops out called "Beyond Eternities of Darkness" Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: HOLLOW - suprisingly good   HOLLOW - suprisingly good - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 31, 2021 11:00 am

A new HOLLOW album will be released November 26th, called "The Tower"

Check out the title track:

Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: HOLLOW - suprisingly good   HOLLOW - suprisingly good - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 04, 2021 11:19 am

Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: HOLLOW - suprisingly good   HOLLOW - suprisingly good - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2022 3:52 pm

I've had this for awhile now and I love it. I just played it twice today and it's just as good as the earlier Hollow albums. Stoltz sounds as good as ever. The guitars are vintage Hollow, moody and catchy, and also the rhythm parts are interesting and everything is hooky. Progressive aspects in the sense that there are very heavy parts mixed with emotive sensitive melodies in the same song, and the transitions are sometimes abrupt.

I'll pick "Nation of Man" as an early favourite track, but it's real consistent. All the songs are great. Maybe that pre-chorus on Destroyer of Worlds is a little cringe ("HOOORIBBLE! TERRRIBLE!"), but basically everything else is golden.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: HOLLOW - suprisingly good   HOLLOW - suprisingly good - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

HOLLOW - suprisingly good
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2