Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Any Bob Dylan fan??

Go down 
+5
stepcousin
EvyMetal
rattpoison
tohostudios
Tall Tyrion
9 posters
AuthorMessage

Any Bob Dylan fan?? Empty
PostSubject: Any Bob Dylan fan??   Any Bob Dylan fan?? Icon_minitimeTue May 27, 2008 7:11 pm

If so, your favourite songs?? I'll try, even there are too many to choose!...

-"Blowin' in the Wind"
-"Mr. Tamburine Man"
-"Don't Think Twice"
-"Knocking on Heaven's Doors"

Then probably my favourite "Like a Rolling Stone", and of course "Workingman's Blues" from Modern Times!...

Love him!
Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 3367

PostSubject: Re: Any Bob Dylan fan??   Any Bob Dylan fan?? Icon_minitimeTue May 27, 2008 7:16 pm

He's a musical genius. Too bad he can't carry a tune in a paper sack. Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Any Bob Dylan fan??   Any Bob Dylan fan?? Icon_minitimeTue May 27, 2008 7:27 pm

Tall Tyrion wrote:
He's a musical genius. Too bad he can't carry a tune in a paper sack. Smile

I saw him last year. I'm going to see him at Chattilion on 6/18... He's incredible, he's around 70 years old and he's still very good! (both live & on albums)
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Any Bob Dylan fan??   Any Bob Dylan fan?? Icon_minitimeTue May 27, 2008 7:55 pm

I like Dylan's music when someone else sings it.

PostSubject: Re: Any Bob Dylan fan??   Any Bob Dylan fan?? Icon_minitimeTue May 27, 2008 8:30 pm

tohostudios wrote:
I like Dylan's music when someone else sings it.

In effects he have a very nasal voice... I know many people that don't likes he's voice...
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Any Bob Dylan fan??   Any Bob Dylan fan?? Icon_minitimeTue May 27, 2008 8:56 pm

In the early days, I could handle his vox. Like on the song "Hurricane".

But as he's gotten older, a weak voice has only gotten worse. I think the guy is a songwriting machine but he needs to let other artists record his songs IMO.

PostSubject: Re: Any Bob Dylan fan??   Any Bob Dylan fan?? Icon_minitimeTue May 27, 2008 9:15 pm

If there is one musician that should never have taken to singing, it's Bob Dylan.
Back to top Go down
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

Number of posts : 2682

PostSubject: Re: Any Bob Dylan fan??   Any Bob Dylan fan?? Icon_minitimeWed May 28, 2008 1:56 am

What can i really say, a 1 000 000 001 astute, and universally effusive words have been written about this man and his music. I ain't got anything to say to add to this so i'll leave it at that.

If ya held a gun to my head Blood On The Tracks is probably my favourite Dylan album, but that is begrudgingly said. This is because this album is one i think you need to totally immerse yourself in (no background music, but then neither is any of Dylan's albums to be treated as such). Who new Dylan breaking up with his old lady could result in something as good as this.

I'd like to give a shout out to the Basement Tapes and Before The Flood, albums that were cut with the Band. You know when two of your favourite things combine and they usually fall flat, well this is an exception. Before the Flood just may be one of the greatest live rock n' roll records ever.

His influenced quite a few of my favourite songwriters guys like Nikki Sudden, Ian Hunter, Nick Cave, Ronnie Lane, Paul K. Phil Lynott etc. So thank god for Dylan.

.....And in a closing thought to those who say he can't sing. Give me the character voiced guys like Bob Dylan, Lou Reed, Ian Hunter etc. over all your favourite classically trained heavy metal vocal gymnasts anyday.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Any Bob Dylan fan??   Any Bob Dylan fan?? Icon_minitimeWed May 28, 2008 2:11 am

Yeah, but Dylan sounds like a fly having an orgasm.
Back to top Go down
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

PostSubject: Re: Any Bob Dylan fan??   Any Bob Dylan fan?? Icon_minitimeWed May 28, 2008 2:52 am

My teacher says he's the world's best poet. I don't think so. I don't listen to his music, I agree he's not a very good singer.
Back to top Go down
stepcousin
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stepcousin

Number of posts : 1268

PostSubject: Re: Any Bob Dylan fan??   Any Bob Dylan fan?? Icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2008 5:46 pm

I like Bob Dylan music and his voice too. I prefer his "plugged in" over his folky stuff, although that stuff was very groundbreaking. The infamous meeting in London between Bob and John Lennon pushed Bob to plug in and rock and pushed John to move away from the generic poppy love songs(which I like...) and into the second wave of the Beatles (Help, Rubber Soul, Revolver)
Back to top Go down
XYZ
Card-carrying Van Halen Freak
XYZ

Number of posts : 2600

PostSubject: Re: Any Bob Dylan fan??   Any Bob Dylan fan?? Icon_minitimeFri May 30, 2008 4:23 pm

Writes great music, just can't sing
Back to top Go down
White_Mage
Metal master
Metal master
White_Mage

Number of posts : 535

PostSubject: Re: Any Bob Dylan fan??   Any Bob Dylan fan?? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 01, 2008 3:04 am

I'm a Dylan-fan my freind has really got me into him and I even did a live cover of "I Shall Be Released" hes a great lyricist and songwriter and he may not be a great singer but hey niether is Lemmy
Back to top Go down
Sutekh
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Sutekh

Number of posts : 1466

PostSubject: Re: Any Bob Dylan fan??   Any Bob Dylan fan?? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 06, 2008 7:19 pm

Words can't describe how great a poet Dylan is, so I'll leave it at genius. His singing is an acquired taste, but the range of vocals on his last album gave each tune its oiwn texture and story, and there's not too many singers around who can do that.

Like a Rolling Stone from Before the Flood is a favourite, as is Tangled Up in Blue, Things Have Changed, Forever Young, and of course, Blowin in the Wind and Knockin on Heaven's Door -there are so many, though!

One of the most influential artists of the twentieth century, and a cultural icon.
Back to top Go down
Mattallica667
Metal novice
Metal novice
Mattallica667

Number of posts : 89

PostSubject: Re: Any Bob Dylan fan??   Any Bob Dylan fan?? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2008 1:32 pm

Not really much of a voice, but a great musician.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Any Bob Dylan fan??   Any Bob Dylan fan?? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2008 2:37 pm

As far as Bob's voice goes, I think that it's not good, technically, but I've always liked it.

Now for his music...good tunes, there. Some of the best songs & records of rock n' roll. My personal favorite album would have to be Highway 61 Revisited, while my favorite song is an obscure one named "Like A Rolling Stone".
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Any Bob Dylan fan??   Any Bob Dylan fan?? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Any Bob Dylan fan??
Page 1 of 1