Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

MASS REISSUES...

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

MASS REISSUES... Empty
PostSubject: MASS REISSUES...   MASS REISSUES... Icon_minitimeTue May 27, 2008 8:46 am

RETROSPECT RECORDS TO RE-RELEASE 2 MORE MASS CLASSICS!

MASS and Retrospect Records are pleased to announce the agreement of the re-releases of MASS classics TAKE YOU HOME and VOICES IN THE NIGHT.

Each CD will be digitally re-mastered and contain never before released bonus track! Release date for both CDs are scheduled for early Summer 2008!

MASS REISSUES... Empty
PostSubject: Re: MASS REISSUES...   MASS REISSUES... Icon_minitimeTue May 27, 2008 8:55 am

Take You Home? Awesome! I'll be picking that one up!
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

MASS REISSUES... Empty
PostSubject: Re: MASS REISSUES...   MASS REISSUES... Icon_minitimeTue May 27, 2008 12:14 pm

I already have the originals on both CD and vinyl. I doubt I will rebuy any of these, but thought others might be interested who don't already have them.

By the way, I know Retrospective are known to release bootlegs, but these are not bootlegs. The above post was sent directly from the band.

ult

MASS REISSUES... Empty
PostSubject: Re: MASS REISSUES...   MASS REISSUES... Icon_minitimeTue May 27, 2008 12:38 pm

Retrospect gets a bad rap. That guy makes nice CDs.
Back to top Go down
7thSecond
Metal master
Metal master
7thSecond

Number of posts : 668

MASS REISSUES... Empty
PostSubject: Re: MASS REISSUES...   MASS REISSUES... Icon_minitimeTue May 27, 2008 1:24 pm

spectrefate wrote:
That guy makes nice CDs.
Sometimes maybe. My Mass CD's are fine but I got a Blue Tiger CD from them a few weeks ago though that won't play on my computer. It will play on my boombox though. This is the only CD I have of 1,100 that I can't play on my computer. This of course means I also can't rip it to make a copy or make MP3's to put on my MP3 player. angry
Back to top Go down

MASS REISSUES... Empty
PostSubject: Re: MASS REISSUES...   MASS REISSUES... Icon_minitimeTue May 27, 2008 1:52 pm

MASS played a show here last Friday. A friend went, but I couldn't because I was covering at work for someone. =(

By the way, are all Retrospect releases basically CDRs? The Letchen Grey reissue is. Yeah, the CD is inked, but it's a CDR. Kind of annoying.
Back to top Go down

MASS REISSUES... Empty
PostSubject: Re: MASS REISSUES...   MASS REISSUES... Icon_minitimeTue May 27, 2008 1:59 pm

7th second, I'd contact the guy and let him know about that.

As for the CDs, sure they are CDRs.

What was your other option of buying the CD though?

The guy is releasing stuff that you can't find anywhere at a reasonable price. 15 bucks for albums that you can't find or don't exist on the format. If your CDR loses quality from being played non stop for the next 10 years, then just buy a backup.

Of course there are some that buy original presses (if they exist) for stupid amounts of money and kiss and hug them like they're made of gold. I don't quite get that mentality. But to each their own.
Back to top Go down

MASS REISSUES... Empty
PostSubject: Re: MASS REISSUES...   MASS REISSUES... Icon_minitimeTue May 27, 2008 2:08 pm

A CDR will likely never last for 10 years. That's the problem. The chemicals used to make the CD writeable break down over time. The amount of time all depends on the quality of the product. If this guy is going super-cheap, then the CDs will likely not last that long. The environment in which you house your CDs comes into play as well.

Alex from metalreviews.com owns a chemical company and he explained it in detail once in the past. It was an eye-opening read. I've had tons of CDRs just stop working after time for no good reason. Some will play partially, some won't play at all.

Retrospect is selling cheaper CDs at the same price of regular CDs. He's probably getting 1,000 CDs for like $300 and making over $10,000 if he sells all 1,000. And the CDs won't last as long.
Back to top Go down

MASS REISSUES... Empty
PostSubject: Re: MASS REISSUES...   MASS REISSUES... Icon_minitimeTue May 27, 2008 2:13 pm

What will you do when the Lechen Grey CDR goes to crap in 10 years? Smile

I know that in 10 years, I won't lament on the fact that my CDR of Axtion's Look out for the Night might not work, I will be happy that someone made it available to me on CD. I think that's worth 15 bucks.
Back to top Go down
AchrisK
Metal master
Metal master
AchrisK

Number of posts : 975

MASS REISSUES... Empty
PostSubject: Re: MASS REISSUES...   MASS REISSUES... Icon_minitimeTue May 27, 2008 2:21 pm

mass reissues of what?
Back to top Go down

MASS REISSUES... Empty
PostSubject: Re: MASS REISSUES...   MASS REISSUES... Icon_minitimeTue May 27, 2008 2:26 pm

Theese are alredy in my wish list... I hope for goods bonus tracks as well!....
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

MASS REISSUES... Empty
PostSubject: Re: MASS REISSUES...   MASS REISSUES... Icon_minitimeTue May 27, 2008 2:37 pm

Eyesore wrote:
MASS played a show here last Friday. A friend went, but I couldn't because I was covering at work for someone. =(

By the way, are all Retrospect releases basically CDRs? The Letchen Grey reissue is. Yeah, the CD is inked, but it's a CDR. Kind of annoying.

No. The MASS CD I have from them is a silver CD, not a CD-R.

MASS REISSUES... Empty
PostSubject: Re: MASS REISSUES...   MASS REISSUES... Icon_minitimeTue May 27, 2008 2:39 pm

spectrefate wrote:
What will you do when the Lechen Grey CDR goes to crap in 10 years? Smile

I know that in 10 years, I won't lament on the fact that my CDR of Axtion's Look out for the Night might not work, I will be happy that someone made it available to me on CD. I think that's worth 15 bucks.
I'd be amazed if it lasted 10 years.
Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 3367

MASS REISSUES... Empty
PostSubject: Re: MASS REISSUES...   MASS REISSUES... Icon_minitimeTue May 27, 2008 3:32 pm

That's a dollar fifty a year! Can't get that price just anywhere. 🤘
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

MASS REISSUES... Empty
PostSubject: Re: MASS REISSUES...   MASS REISSUES... Icon_minitimeWed May 28, 2008 1:35 pm

I will def. buy these!!

MASS REISSUES... Empty
PostSubject: Re: MASS REISSUES...   MASS REISSUES... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

MASS REISSUES...
Page 1 of 1