Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Easybeats

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
White_Mage
Metal master
Metal master
White_Mage

Number of posts : 535

The Easybeats Empty
PostSubject: The Easybeats   The Easybeats Icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2008 8:12 pm

I love these guys old time rock'n'roll, There guitarist Gerorge was Malcom & Angus Youngs Older brother apparently there like the Beatles of Austrila. none the less great 60's rock check 'em out

Back to top Go down
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

Number of posts : 2682

The Easybeats Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Easybeats   The Easybeats Icon_minitimeFri May 23, 2008 2:14 am

A most excellent band. Australia's first rock n' roll (band) superhero's. Rowdy and loud and only bettered by the Missing Links in Oz in the 60's.

That song Mage posted was later covered by Jimmy Barnes and INXS for the Lost Boys film.

I remember hearing Ronnie James Dio say the Easybeats were his favourite band. (Ronnie also toured with the band with one of his formative 60's bands).

This song is their most recognised song "Friday On My Mind" (later covered by David Bowie)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7zB0RygrYy8
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

The Easybeats Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Easybeats   The Easybeats Icon_minitimeFri May 23, 2008 9:52 am

White_Mage wrote:
I love these guys old time rock'n'roll, There guitarist Gerorge was Malcom & Angus Youngs Older brother apparently there like the Beatles of Austrila. none the less great 60's rock check 'em out

That's pretty cool. I've heard of these guys and knew about the George/Young brothers connection, but was not familiar with this song. As RattPoison pointed out, I recognized it from The Lost Boys. Never knew it was a cover. Pretty nifty. Friday on My Mind I knew from listening to my dad's oldies all those years ago.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

The Easybeats Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Easybeats   The Easybeats Icon_minitimeFri May 23, 2008 9:54 am

I only know of this band because I read the history of Flash And The Pan.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

The Easybeats Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Easybeats   The Easybeats Icon_minitimeSun May 25, 2008 12:52 pm

Cool stuff very rock & roll 60's music. Friday on my Mind was also done by the bay area band "Earthquake".

Wargod49
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

The Easybeats Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Easybeats   The Easybeats Icon_minitimeSun May 25, 2008 12:54 pm

Wargod48 wrote:
Cool stuff very rock & roll 60's music. Friday on my Mind was also done by the bay area band "Earthquake".

Wargod49

Yep. That's the version I know. Used to have that Earthquake album on vinyl when I was a teenager.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

The Easybeats Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Easybeats   The Easybeats Icon_minitimeSun May 25, 2008 11:11 pm

Yeah me to had 4 of their releases and like an idiot got rid of them, hard to come buy now days especially on cd. I did however come across a greatest hit cd which has that on there.

Earthquake - 8.5 was their best album!

They were on the Beserkley Label along with Greg Kihn!

Wargod48
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

The Easybeats Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Easybeats   The Easybeats Icon_minitimeMon May 26, 2008 10:10 am

If I remember correctly, the album I had had a simple black cover and had the logo on the front. Gonna go see if I can find it.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

The Easybeats Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Easybeats   The Easybeats Icon_minitimeMon May 26, 2008 10:15 am

Found it! The one I had about 30 years ago was called "Leveled".

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

Number of posts : 2682

The Easybeats Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Easybeats   The Easybeats Icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2009 10:45 pm

Been on an Easybeats binge lately, this is their best song imo later covered by the great Divinyls..........

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Easybeats Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Easybeats   The Easybeats Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Easybeats
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: