Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Who

Go down 
+12
MetalGuy71
DeathCult
Stender
QuothTheRaven
ramreb
Troublezone
Wargod
stepcousin
thejokeriv
James B.
tohostudios
XYZ
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

The Who - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Who   The Who - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 18, 2008 10:00 am

Eyesore wrote:
Not a fan of this band much, but I just saw Pearl Jam do a killer performance on this VH1 Rock Honors show.

And yeah, Keith Moon was insane. He's the dude that OD'd and died during a show, right?

I caught a few minutes of that last night. I'd like to Tivo it so I can fast forward through all the shite and just watch the good parts. Luckily since it was on VH1, I know they're replay it about 60 gazillion times before the end of the month.

Keith Mood did OD, but I don't think it was during a show. He was on some medication to curb his alcohol intake. If I understand correctly, the medicine was taken and if alcohol was consumed, it made you violently ill. So he just started ingesting gobs of the pills trying to get stoned.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

The Who - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Who   The Who - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 18, 2008 10:53 am

QuothTheRaven wrote:
Stender wrote:

I just dont know why paint it black is such a popular song now. I can see why during vietnam when it came out, but its really not that amazing of a song.

I thought we were talking about the Who, not the Rolling Stones! Smile

For the record, I dont care for the Rolling Stones much either. Except ironically enough for PAINT IT, BLACK. Great song
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 3367

The Who - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Who   The Who - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 18, 2008 12:24 pm

MetalH wrote:
I only have a greatest hits compilation of The Who, but it's essential listening IMO.

That's what I have as well. I respect them, but the best of is all ever felt like I needed.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

The Who - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Who   The Who - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 18, 2008 1:26 pm

Tall Tyrion wrote:
MetalH wrote:
I only have a greatest hits compilation of The Who, but it's essential listening IMO.

That's what I have as well. I respect them, but the best of is all ever felt like I needed.

Same here.
Back to top Go down

The Who - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Who   The Who - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2008 1:42 pm

The Who! Big Fan here too. "Who's Next" is my Favorite Album. The Live Albums are great, you get the energy of their Live playing.
Back to top Go down
XYZ
Card-carrying Van Halen Freak
XYZ

Number of posts : 2600

The Who - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Who   The Who - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2008 4:23 pm

2GunBlade wrote:
The Live Albums are great, you get the energy of their Live playing.

I love their live albums. Where most live albums just have the songs played in a live setting, The Who live albums include the interaction with the crowd and each other. It really gives me the feeling of being there, almost.
Back to top Go down

The Who - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Who   The Who - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2008 4:50 pm

xyz wrote:
2GunBlade wrote:
The Live Albums are great, you get the energy of their Live playing.

I love their live albums. Where most live albums just have the songs played in a live setting, The Who live albums include the interaction with the crowd and each other. It really gives me the feeling of being there, almost.

Do you have "Live at Wight Isle Fest"? 2 CD, you can hear Pete play to the audience and Roger too. I like the jamm'n to "Magic Bus", very bluesy.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

The Who - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Who   The Who - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2008 5:08 pm

I love the Who, if I had choose one Who it would be " Quadrophenia" but I also love " Who's Next' , " Live At Leeds" and " Live at the Isle of Wight" are two of the greatest live albums ever released.
Back to top Go down

The Who - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Who   The Who - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2008 5:39 pm

manny wrote:
I love the Who, if I had choose one Who it would be " Quadrophenia" but I also love " Who's Next' , " Live At Leeds" and " Live at the Isle of Wight" are two of the greatest live albums ever released.

I get that title "Live at the isle of Wight" confused alot.:lol
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

The Who - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Who   The Who - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2008 5:52 pm

you may be right I am at work so I am going by memory, which I hate to say isn't what it used to be.
Back to top Go down

The Who - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Who   The Who - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2008 6:30 pm

The Official title is: "The WHO,Live at the Isle of Wight Festival 1970"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Who - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Who   The Who - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Who
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: