Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

This Disgusts Me

Go down 
+9
the sentinel
UltraMagnus007
Tall Tyrion
scottmitchell74
MetalGuy71
mc666
ThrashedOutCobra33
Stender
ultmetal
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

This Disgusts Me - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: This Disgusts Me   This Disgusts Me - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 14, 2008 12:54 pm

UltraMagnus007 wrote:
emptytomb1 wrote:
Quote :
I sued Delta Airlines
'Cause they sold me a ticket to New Jersey - I went there, and it sucked

Might be ok for this one. Cool

Laughing very hard

Brilliant, nothing against New Jersey by the way.

For some reason people from New York despise New Jersey (and if I'm not mistaken, vice versa). I like that episode of Futurama where Fry and Bender are looking for an apartment in New New York. They find an apartment that is absolutly perfect and ask what the catch is. The guy replies, "Well technically were in New Jersey." Next scene has Fry lamenting that there is not a single livable place in the city. Me being from the Southwest, I don't really understand it but it is funny to hear.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: This Disgusts Me   This Disgusts Me - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 14, 2008 1:25 pm

Quote :
For some reason people from New York despise New Jersey

Most Pennsylvanias are like that too. Unfortunately for us, their lower gas prices, liberal liquor laws and almost needle-free beaches make traveling to Jersey a necessary evil sometimes.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: This Disgusts Me   This Disgusts Me - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 14, 2008 1:35 pm

DallasBlack wrote:

For some reason people from New York despise New Jersey

It's true. But we despise'em right back.

Seriously, though... both of their football teams play on OUR side of the river. So New York has to at least pretend to be nice to us, or we'll have the entire Jets and Giants rosters shot and dumped in the Pine Barrens.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: This Disgusts Me   This Disgusts Me - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 23, 2008 5:36 pm

I imagine the fires of hell will burn a lot hotter than the Station fire.

Quote :
PROVIDENCE, R.I.—Brewer Anheuser-Busch Inc. and a Rhode Island beer distributor have agreed to pay $21 million to settle lawsuits brought by survivors of a 2003 nightclub fire and relatives of the 100 people killed, according to court papers filed Friday.

The February 2003 fire at The Station nightclub in West Warwick began when pyrotechnics used by the rock band Great White ignited flammable soundproofing foam on the club's walls and ceiling. More than 200 people were injured.

Anheuser-Busch is the latest big-name defendant to settle the case rather than bear the costs of continuing litigation or risk the uncertainty of a jury trial.

The St. Louis-based Anheuser-Busch and its Cranston-based distributor, McLaughlin & Moran, did not admit wrongdoing.

The latest agreements with plaintiffs' attorneys mean more than $122 million has now been offered to victims' families and survivors by more than a dozen defendants, including The Home Depot, which sold insulation used in the club, and Clear Channel Broadcasting, whose local rock radio station promoted the concert.

A group of foam manufacturers agreed earlier this month to settle for $30 million.

More than 300 survivors and victims' relatives sued dozens of people and companies over the fire. Defendants remaining in the case include the state of Rhode Island, the town of West Warwick and American Foam Corporation, a Johnston company accused of selling the flammable foam to the club.

Anheuser-Busch and McLaughlin & Moran were named in the lawsuits because survivors and victims' families said they helped promote the concert by selling Budweiser beer, T-shirts and hats at the show and displayed a banner outside the club that invited patrons to "Party with Budweiser."

The victims' lawyers said Anheuser-Busch allowed its Budweiser trademark to be used "without making such minimal inquiry sufficient to discover the dangers of the band's performance."

They also said a rock radio station disc jockey paid by McLaughlin & Moran to serve as master of ceremonies and introduce Great White would have been positioned to stop the band from using the pyrotechnics but failed to do so. The disc jockey, Michael Gonsalves, was among those killed.

Under terms of the settlement, Anheuser-Busch will pay $5 million and McLaughlin & Moran will pay $16 million.

McLaughlin & Moran said in a written statement that it was pleased about the settlement and hopes the case will be concluded quickly so the money can be paid out.

Gary L. Rutledge, the vice president for legal and government affairs at Anheuser-Busch Cos., said in a written statement that the company had no responsibility for the fire but was sensitive to the families.

"As a result, we wanted to direct the resources we would have committed to defending these lawsuits to those families," the statement said.

The settlement requires the approval of each person suing as well as the federal judge overseeing the case, among other conditions. A Duke University law professor is devising a formula to split the settlement money among the plaintiffs, and no families or survivors have received any money yet.

The fire also led to separate criminal charges against club owners Jeffrey and Michael Derderian, who installed the foam, and former Great White tour manager Daniel Biechele, who set off the pyrotechnics. All three entered pleas to involuntary manslaughter charges, with Biechele and Michael Derderian each getting four-year prison sentences. Jeffrey Derderian was sentenced to community service and three years probation.

Biechele was released on parole in March, and Derderian will be freed next year.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: This Disgusts Me   This Disgusts Me - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 23, 2008 8:02 pm

Disgracefull.

Sue: Levi's - because someone had jeans on that night.
Sue: The microphone company, Fender, Gibson, and Tama - because they were used to deliver the music.
Sue: All the oil companies and car manafacturers - because people drove there.
Sue:
Sue:
Sue:

It will never end. Sad
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: This Disgusts Me   This Disgusts Me - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 23, 2008 8:10 pm

the sentinel wrote:
Disgracefull.

Sue: Levi's - because someone had jeans on that night.
Sue: The microphone company, Fender, Gibson, and Tama - because they were used to deliver the music.
Sue: All the oil companies and car manafacturers - because people drove there.
Sue:
Sue:
Sue:

It will never end. Sad

Next thing, they will sue everyone who ever purchased a Great White CD. If people didn't like their music then they would never have gotten popular and wouldn't be putting on a show in the first place. I don't know whats worse; the survivors and victims for suing everybody under the sun, the lawyers who bring forth these lawsuits, or the courts for allowing this BS to go so far.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb

PostSubject: Re: This Disgusts Me   This Disgusts Me - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 23, 2008 8:13 pm

Aquanet is lucky this didn't happen in the 80s.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: This Disgusts Me   This Disgusts Me - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 23, 2008 8:16 pm

Quote :
Gary L. Rutledge, the vice president for legal and government affairs
at Anheuser-Busch Cos., said in a written statement that the company
had no responsibility for the fire but was sensitive to the families.

In other words, "Anheuser Busch had absolutely nothing to do with this but we're going to give you money to make you go away before our company name gets dragged into it and becomes a P.R. nightmare for us."

Pretty sneaky, sis.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: This Disgusts Me   This Disgusts Me - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 23, 2008 8:22 pm

That's how these things go. The company pays to shut them up. Otherwise they'd spend more just defending themselves. In the end they'd likely win, but when you can pay $30 million instead of $70 million to win the lawsuit, the company will pay up.

I have no respect for these people. I'm willing to bet the grave sites of these victims are littered with wilted, dead flowers. But hey, that's a sweet HD flat screen, dude!
Back to top Go down
HellRaiser
Metal student
Metal student
HellRaiser

Number of posts : 242

PostSubject: Re: This Disgusts Me   This Disgusts Me - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 23, 2008 10:50 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Aquanet is lucky this didn't happen in the 80s.

lol!

It's almost getting to be a bad joke (if it's not already) how many defendants are continuing to be added to this.
Back to top Go down
arttieTHE1manparty
Administrator
arttieTHE1manparty

Number of posts : 863

PostSubject: Re: This Disgusts Me   This Disgusts Me - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 24, 2008 12:07 am

I honestly don't think it was EVER about doing the right thing. I think it was a witch hunt almost from the start. Its human nature...something terrible happens, we look for someone/something to blame.

Arttie
Back to top Go down
http://christianmetalrealm.niceboard.com

PostSubject: Re: This Disgusts Me   This Disgusts Me - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 24, 2008 12:11 am

arttieTHE1manparty wrote:
I honestly don't think it was EVER about doing the right thing. I think it was a witch hunt almost from the start. Its human nature...something terrible happens, we look for someone/something to blame.

Arttie
That's understandable. Point the finger, throw blame around. But this isn't about blame. If money were not an outcome here, would these people be suing? If all the court did was agree or disagree that someone was to blame, would these people be suing? Of course not. It's money. They've put a price tag on the life of their loved one. Simple as that. It's a disgrace.

And like I said, this isn't about those that died, it's about fattening the pockets of those that still live. Sure, some people that burned didn't die. That's horrible. But it's life! They live while others died. Not enough? They don't deserve money from people that had nothing to do with this tragedy. They should all be ashamed of themselves. And I hope hell is hot enough for them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: This Disgusts Me   This Disgusts Me - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

This Disgusts Me
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: