Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

A Bit of Sentenced News

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

A Bit of Sentenced News Empty
PostSubject: A Bit of Sentenced News   A Bit of Sentenced News Icon_minitimeSat May 10, 2008 9:49 pm

This is cool.

Quote :
Heavy metal musician and journalist Chris "Professor" Black, perhaps best known as the frontman of SUPERCHRIST and as a longtime contributor to Metal Maniacs, has confirmed the first two releases for his new label, appropriately named Planet Metal.

"Real life kicked me out long ago, and now I couldn't get back in even if I wanted to," he explains. "Making music is my life, and releasing records is a natural way of keeping busy between gigs. The future may bring some literary publishing into the mix, but for now, the focus is on bringing killer metal recordings to the worldwide underground. Planet Metal releases won't be available from iTunes or at Best Buy. You'll need to rely on your local shops and underground distros instead!"

One of Planet Metal's first releases will be a 7" featuring SENTENCED's "Glow of 1000 Suns" and "Amok Run", two scorching demo tracks which date to 1993 and have remained unknown outside of the tape-trading circuit.

Also scheduled is the debut album from WASTELANDER, entitled Wardrive". WASTELANDER hails from Infernal City, Michigan and plays post-apocalyptic black metal, a guaranteed new favorite for fans of VENOM, AMEBIX, ABIGAIL and NIFELHEIM.

Both the SENTENCED 7" and WASTELANDER CD will be available in June.

For more information, visit www.myspace.com/planetmetal.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: A Bit of Sentenced News   A Bit of Sentenced News Icon_minitimeSun May 11, 2008 8:06 pm

Thats cool but id rather have a cd or just throw them as bonus tracks or something.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: A Bit of Sentenced News   A Bit of Sentenced News Icon_minitimeSun May 11, 2008 8:07 pm

This news does me no good at all. I don't have a turntable anymore so I need Sentenced on CD.

PostSubject: Re: A Bit of Sentenced News   A Bit of Sentenced News Icon_minitimeSun May 11, 2008 8:26 pm

I don't have a record player either, but I'm a retard and still buy vinyl.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: A Bit of Sentenced News   A Bit of Sentenced News Icon_minitimeSun May 11, 2008 8:31 pm

Wow. That makes no sense. You buy stuff you can't play?

PostSubject: Re: A Bit of Sentenced News   A Bit of Sentenced News Icon_minitimeSun May 11, 2008 8:52 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Wow. That makes no sense. You buy stuff you can't play?
Well, see, I intend to buy another record player. Of course, I've been intending to do that for years. They're just so damn expensive! Haha. I'm not paying over $300 for a stinkin' record player...in 2008! Screw that.

But now they have those record players that plug into USB ports and will rip vinyl to MP3, which are much cheaper than regular record players. So I'll buy one of those soon.

I don't buy much vinyl, anyway; just vinyl-only stuff mostly, especially old releases. Like Testament's Live at Eindhoven EP, for instance. I'm not like Trog or anything. My vinyl collection is pretty tiny.

Last edited by Eyesore on Mon May 12, 2008 1:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Bit of Sentenced News   A Bit of Sentenced News Icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2008 7:47 am

I think what he's doing is cool...
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: A Bit of Sentenced News   A Bit of Sentenced News Icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2008 3:51 pm

Go to yard sales for a record player. I'll never buy a record player. I remember when I used to listen to Led Zepplins Zoso when I was younger. My brother would come into the room and purposely jump up and down to make it skip and the record eventually got really scratched up and I couldnt listen to it anymore because it skips on just about every song.

Do the newer players still do that or is there like a shock proof thing on it like portable cd players? Its still not going to change my mind even though it is tempting to buy some records haha.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: A Bit of Sentenced News   A Bit of Sentenced News Icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2008 9:14 pm

I want to get a copy of this.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Bit of Sentenced News   A Bit of Sentenced News Icon_minitimeWed Jun 11, 2008 2:50 am

Quote :
The test-pressing for the SENTENCED 7" (demo 1993) has been approved, and we expect the finished records within 3-4 weeks. We are pressing a limited run of 1000 copies. All 1000 copies come on black vinyl in a black/silver jacket, with an insert that contains an interview with Taneli Jarva about these special recordings.

Those wishing to preorder the record may do so now, understanding that your copies will be in your hands in 4-5 weeks.

Single copies are $5 plus shipping. Shipping is $2 within the US (first class) and $5 outside the US (airmail).

Paypal accepted at orders@professorblack.com

Wholesale rates and trades, please inquire.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Bit of Sentenced News   A Bit of Sentenced News Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A Bit of Sentenced News
Page 1 of 1