Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

PANTOKRATOR - Aurum

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Number of posts : 4077

PANTOKRATOR - Aurum Empty
PostSubject: PANTOKRATOR - Aurum   PANTOKRATOR - Aurum Icon_minitimeSat May 10, 2008 11:18 am

I picked up this album this week and it is some excellent death metal. Seems like the lines between deathcore and old school death metal have become so blurred. Someone tells me, check out this death band and it's just harder faster metalcore (which isnt a bad thing). But this one really stands out as really heavy death metal with a progressive flare, to me anyway.

Anybody else have this out there or heard them? What's your opinion on them? Not that I give a CRAP! lol!
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: PANTOKRATOR - Aurum   PANTOKRATOR - Aurum Icon_minitimeSat May 10, 2008 5:41 pm

I enjoyed this album. It doesn't have the doom-death leaning of the previous album Blod, but the straight up death style is great and shows they've really progressed for the better.
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

PostSubject: Re: PANTOKRATOR - Aurum   PANTOKRATOR - Aurum Icon_minitimeSat May 10, 2008 9:17 pm

HMMM, Blod huh? Didn't know of any others. Did you like that one? Is it worth getting?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PANTOKRATOR - Aurum   PANTOKRATOR - Aurum Icon_minitimeSat May 10, 2008 10:42 pm

I like to say Panty Krater.
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

PostSubject: Re: PANTOKRATOR - Aurum   PANTOKRATOR - Aurum Icon_minitimeSun May 11, 2008 7:52 am

GET OUTTA HERE YOU TROLL!! LOL!

SCRAM!! GET!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PANTOKRATOR - Aurum   PANTOKRATOR - Aurum Icon_minitimeSun May 11, 2008 11:53 am

Actually, these guys are on my long list to get when I am independently wealthy. What I heard on Blod was good and I like the doomy feel so too bad they moved away from that.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: PANTOKRATOR - Aurum   PANTOKRATOR - Aurum Icon_minitimeSun May 11, 2008 1:46 pm

I've been meaning to check out this band but haven't got around to it.
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

PostSubject: Re: PANTOKRATOR - Aurum   PANTOKRATOR - Aurum Icon_minitimeTue May 13, 2008 9:47 pm

Well, stop lolly-gaggin' and DO IT! Cuz it's GOOD!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PANTOKRATOR - Aurum   PANTOKRATOR - Aurum Icon_minitimeWed May 14, 2008 12:02 pm

After checking out some more samples, this is really up my alley so they are hopefully winging it to my house right now. I'll say more when they arrive.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

PostSubject: Re: PANTOKRATOR - Aurum   PANTOKRATOR - Aurum Icon_minitimeWed May 14, 2008 11:40 pm

I went to order a copy but Girder Music was out of it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PANTOKRATOR - Aurum   PANTOKRATOR - Aurum Icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2008 7:54 am

Quote :
I went to order a copy but Girder Music was out of it.

It's still in stock here:

www.nordicmission.net
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PANTOKRATOR - Aurum   PANTOKRATOR - Aurum Icon_minitimeSat May 17, 2008 10:51 pm

Really quality death metal on Aurum and hardly any of the doom sound on Blod. I think their similar to Feast Eternal but with a tighter rhythm section.
One complaint, don't print the liner notes in gold on a yellow background. angry
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

PostSubject: Re: PANTOKRATOR - Aurum   PANTOKRATOR - Aurum Icon_minitimeSun May 18, 2008 8:20 am

emptytomb1 wrote:

One complaint, don't print the liner notes in gold on a yellow background. angry
What liner notes?! lol!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: PANTOKRATOR - Aurum   PANTOKRATOR - Aurum Icon_minitimeSun May 18, 2008 5:23 pm

What exactly is a "Pantokrator" anyway? Would it be a person who is in the midst of the act of pantokrating?

Is there even such a word as "Pantokrate?"

These are the things I wonder about late at night when the power is off.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

PostSubject: Re: PANTOKRATOR - Aurum   PANTOKRATOR - Aurum Icon_minitimeSun May 18, 2008 7:50 pm

Just won a copy on ebay.
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

PostSubject: Re: PANTOKRATOR - Aurum   PANTOKRATOR - Aurum Icon_minitimeSun May 18, 2008 9:17 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
What exactly is a "Pantokrator" anyway? Would it be a person who is in the midst of the act of pantokrating?

I just figured it was slang for "butt nugget", you know? Like Empty said..."panty Krator"?? thinking as in a big 'ol turd. Heck I don't have any clue!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: PANTOKRATOR - Aurum   PANTOKRATOR - Aurum Icon_minitimeSun May 18, 2008 10:13 pm

T-Roy wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

I just figured it was slang for "butt nugget", you know? Like Empty said..."panty Krator"?? thinking as in a big 'ol turd. Heck I don't have any clue!

I pantokrate.

You pantokrate.

He, she, or it pantokrates.

We are pantokrating. They are pantokrators.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

PostSubject: Re: PANTOKRATOR - Aurum   PANTOKRATOR - Aurum Icon_minitimeMon May 19, 2008 3:40 am

Fat Freddy wrote:

It's a reference to Jesus. The most common translation is "Almighty" or "All-powerful" in Greek.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: PANTOKRATOR - Aurum   PANTOKRATOR - Aurum Icon_minitimeMon May 19, 2008 8:50 am

GrandNational wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

It's a reference to Jesus. The most common translation is "Almighty" or "All-powerful" in Greek.

Ahhh, gotcha. See, you learn something new every day around here. Laughing

Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

PostSubject: Re: PANTOKRATOR - Aurum   PANTOKRATOR - Aurum Icon_minitimeMon May 19, 2008 2:33 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
GrandNational wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

It's one of the main reasons I come to this board.
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

PostSubject: Re: PANTOKRATOR - Aurum   PANTOKRATOR - Aurum Icon_minitimeMon May 19, 2008 9:53 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
GrandNational wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

Boy...I feel stupid! Lord forgive me! It was in FatFreddy's ignorance that I did this.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: PANTOKRATOR - Aurum   PANTOKRATOR - Aurum Icon_minitimeMon May 19, 2008 9:53 pm

Who does this band compare too?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PANTOKRATOR - Aurum   PANTOKRATOR - Aurum Icon_minitimeMon May 19, 2008 9:57 pm

Sounds like a tighter Feast Eternal on the new one. The first one has more slowed down moments.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: PANTOKRATOR - Aurum   PANTOKRATOR - Aurum Icon_minitimeMon May 19, 2008 10:10 pm

When I clicked on this thread I knew I was getting in trouble. This is great!! This is how I like my Death Metal. Mid to Speedy pace with nice vocals. (Somehow at times this is sounding to me like Horde if Horde were DM instead of BM) don\'t know

T-Roy. Enough with the costly thread! angry
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

PostSubject: Re: PANTOKRATOR - Aurum   PANTOKRATOR - Aurum Icon_minitimeMon May 19, 2008 10:18 pm

MY BAD!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: PANTOKRATOR - Aurum   PANTOKRATOR - Aurum Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

PANTOKRATOR - Aurum
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: