Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Poisonblack - A Dead Heavy Day

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage

Poisonblack - A Dead Heavy Day Empty
PostSubject: Poisonblack - A Dead Heavy Day   Poisonblack - A Dead Heavy Day Icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2008 9:18 pm

http://www.myspace.com/officialpoisonblack

New song from the upcoming album posted online. Like the last album, this just sounds like a natural evolution from where Sentenced left off.

Looking forward to it.

Last edited by Eyesore on Fri Jul 04, 2008 3:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Poisonblack - A Dead Heavy Day   Poisonblack - A Dead Heavy Day Icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2008 9:24 pm

Cool! I didn't much care for the first Poisonblack album but I liked the second one.

And you're right, Lust Stained Despair sounded like another Sentenced album which works for me since I like where Sentenced was when they broke up. So if this one sounds the same way, I'm all over it.

PostSubject: Re: Poisonblack - A Dead Heavy Day   Poisonblack - A Dead Heavy Day Icon_minitimeFri Jul 04, 2008 3:20 pm

Quote :
POISONBLACK, the Finnish band featuring former SENTENCED frontman Ville Laihiala, has revealed the cover artwork (see below) for its third album, "A Dead Heavy Day", which is scheduled for release in August. The CD was recorded at Soundmix Studio in POISONBLACK's hometown of Oulu with Kari Vähäkuopus and was mixed by Aksu Hanttu at Grooveland Studio in Lahti.

"A Dead Heavy Day" track listing:

01. Intro
02. Diane
03. Left Behind
04. Bear The Cross
05. A Dead Heavy Day
06. Me Myself And I
07. X
08. Human-Compost
09. The Days Between
10. Hatelove
11. Low Life
12. Only You Can Tear Me Apart

Poisonblack - A Dead Heavy Day L_d6b1eb52ee8ff62b7a6878aa6374fc77

The song "Left Behind" is available for streaming on POISONBLACK's MySpace page.

Commented Ville Laihiala: "As usual, it took a year of adventures in life and relationships to put my innermost feelings into the shape of songs. Everything is straight from inside of my head. Compositions and lyrics are supposed to support each other as good as possible to express my innermost emotions."

The first single, "Bear The Cross", will be released in Finland on August 13. It will feature two brand-new songs from "A Dead Heavy Day" as well as a semi-acoustic live track the band performed on Oulu's Radio Mega.

"A Dead Heavy Day" will be released through Century Media Records in Europe on the following dates:

* Finland: Wednesday, August 27
* Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Benelux, Italy: * Friday, August 29
* UK, France, Greece, Denmark, Norway, Rest Of Europe: Monday, September 1
* Spain, Portugal: Tuesday, September 2
* Sweden, Hungary: Wednesday, September 3

POISONBLACK filmed a video for the song "Bear The Cross" at the end of June with Klaffi Productions.

POISONBLACK drummer Tarmo Kanerva previously stated about the new material, "On one hand, there is going to be some really melodic songs, and on the other hand, the heavy stuff is heavier than anything we have ever done before. Still, you won't need to be afraid of dramatic changes. It'll be the typical POISONBLACK sound."

POISONBLACK in 2006 entered the Finnish national album chart with its sophomore CD, "Lust Stained Despair", at position No. 2.

Video footage from "A Dead Heavy Day" recording sessions:

🤘
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Poisonblack - A Dead Heavy Day   Poisonblack - A Dead Heavy Day Icon_minitimeFri Jul 04, 2008 10:29 pm

this'll be a good one.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: Poisonblack - A Dead Heavy Day   Poisonblack - A Dead Heavy Day Icon_minitimeFri Nov 28, 2008 11:05 pm

I think these guys are a little heavier then Sentenced. Yes they had there death metal days. There are some similarites of course cuz of the vocalist but listen to a song like Rush that is just killer and i couldnt see Sentenced doing something like that..

Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25900

PostSubject: Re: Poisonblack - A Dead Heavy Day   Poisonblack - A Dead Heavy Day Icon_minitimeSat Nov 29, 2008 5:26 pm

I have the first two discs but haven't checked out this newest one.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Poisonblack - A Dead Heavy Day   Poisonblack - A Dead Heavy Day Icon_minitimeSat Nov 29, 2008 5:28 pm

I'm sort of disappointed with the new one. It's not that it's bad but I guess I wanted more of the Sentenced sound. Also, I only spun it once so who knows what I'd think after repeated spins. But that won't happen for awhile because right now I'm listening to glam/sleaze and punk almost exclusively.

PostSubject: Re: Poisonblack - A Dead Heavy Day   Poisonblack - A Dead Heavy Day Icon_minitimeSun Nov 30, 2008 10:32 am

All the POISONBLACK stuff is killer...
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: Poisonblack - A Dead Heavy Day   Poisonblack - A Dead Heavy Day Icon_minitimeSun Nov 30, 2008 2:20 pm

tohostudios wrote:
I'm sort of disappointed with the new one. It's not that it's bad but I guess I wanted more of the Sentenced sound. Also, I only spun it once so who knows what I'd think after repeated spins. But that won't happen for awhile because right now I'm listening to glam/sleaze and punk almost exclusively.

I am not as interested in this one either after listening to it. It seems flat to me and really all not inspired. I much prefer Lust Stained than this one...

Alex

tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Poisonblack - A Dead Heavy Day   Poisonblack - A Dead Heavy Day Icon_minitimeSun Nov 30, 2008 4:51 pm

exact33 wrote:
tohostudios wrote:

I am not as interested in this one either after listening to it. It seems flat to me and really all not inspired. I much prefer Lust Stained than this one...

Alex

Yeah, "flat" is a good way to describe it. The album's not bad by any means but it just sort of "sits there".

PostSubject: Re: Poisonblack - A Dead Heavy Day   Poisonblack - A Dead Heavy Day Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Poisonblack - A Dead Heavy Day
Page 1 of 1