Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Pyramaze-Immortal

Go down 
+15
kmorg
tohostudios
scottmitchell74
Tall Tyrion
MetalGuy71
Fat Freddy
mc666
exact33
Wargod
romeolimagolf
MetalRob331
powermacho
Rex
ultmetal
Mordor
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

Pyramaze-Immortal - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pyramaze-Immortal   Pyramaze-Immortal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 30, 2008 8:54 pm

Looks like I'm going to have to invest in me some Pyramaze.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pyramaze-Immortal   Pyramaze-Immortal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 30, 2008 9:27 pm

nevermore wrote:
Looks like I'm going to have to invest in me some Pyramaze.
I picked up Legend of the Bone Carver last week or so, and that album is excellent. I always thought the band was that so-called flower metal, but the musis is just as heavy as it is on Immortal. Lance King just isn't as heavy as Barlow, so Immortal seems heavier.

Definitely a band worth checking out. Wish I'd done it sooner.
Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 3367

PostSubject: Re: Pyramaze-Immortal   Pyramaze-Immortal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 30, 2008 11:27 pm

Check out Melancholy Beast as well. I think it's better than Bone Carver.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pyramaze-Immortal   Pyramaze-Immortal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 31, 2008 12:32 am

Tall Tyrion wrote:
Check out Melancholy Beast as well. I think it's better than Bone Carver.
I'll definitely buy it when I see it. I'd been seeing Bone Carver for a few weeks in the used bin, but kept passing on it.
Back to top Go down
TH Joe
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
TH Joe

Number of posts : 450

PostSubject: Re: Pyramaze-Immortal   Pyramaze-Immortal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 31, 2008 3:10 am

Sounds like it'll be KILLER!
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Pyramaze-Immortal   Pyramaze-Immortal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 16, 2008 7:03 pm

This album kicks ass!!!!!!! And I'm only on track 3!
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Pyramaze-Immortal   Pyramaze-Immortal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 16, 2008 7:11 pm

Melancholy Beast is my favorite Pyromaze album. The songwriting on the last two just hasn't grabbed me as much as that first one. Or it could be I'm tired of prog metal...

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Pyramaze-Immortal   Pyramaze-Immortal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 16, 2008 7:59 pm

Started off promising and I was anticipating that it might shove itself into my top 5, however, things seemed to die down later into it. Not a bad album by any stretch of the imagination, but it just diddn't keep it's hooks deep in me for long. Also, it seemd a little too short, though not short enough to make the purchase a waste. Barlow is amazing as always and as much as I like Lance King, the album would not have been as good w/o Barlow IMO.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Pyramaze-Immortal   Pyramaze-Immortal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 16, 2008 8:03 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
Started off promising and I was anticipating that it might shove itself into my top 5, however, things seemed to die down later into it. Not a bad album by any stretch of the imagination, but it just diddn't keep it's hooks deep in me for long. Also, it seemd a little too short, though not short enough to make the purchase a waste. Barlow is amazing as always and as much as I like Lance King, the album would not have been as good w/o Barlow IMO.

I'd agree with that assessment. If Immortal had Lance on vox, I'd really be dogging it.

PostSubject: Re: Pyramaze-Immortal   Pyramaze-Immortal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 16, 2008 11:14 pm

I thought it was a great album all the way through. Better then the newest Iced Earth.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Pyramaze-Immortal   Pyramaze-Immortal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 18, 2008 1:50 pm

Man, I can't find the new one here in Norway

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Pyramaze-Immortal   Pyramaze-Immortal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 23, 2008 1:21 am

emptytomb1 wrote:
I thought it was a great album all the way through. Better then the newest Iced Earth.

I believe that as well, I just think the strongest songs are the first two.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: Pyramaze-Immortal   Pyramaze-Immortal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 05, 2009 2:51 pm

This came up in my rotation. Fantastic! This is better than Iced Earth, in my opinion. This is major league heavy metal. Barlow's best work.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

PostSubject: Re: Pyramaze-Immortal   Pyramaze-Immortal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 05, 2009 4:38 pm

For some reason I just didn't like this that much. Definitely prefer Iced Earth. This is still my only Pyramaze album.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Pyramaze-Immortal   Pyramaze-Immortal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2009 2:46 pm

Still have not been abel to find this sucka!

PostSubject: Re: Pyramaze-Immortal   Pyramaze-Immortal - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pyramaze-Immortal
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2