Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Bands u like that you found out about from internet friends

Go down 
+12
EvyMetal
tohostudios
SideShowDisaSter
MetalRob331
nevermore
A Handful of Wayne
ultmetal
scottmitchell74
MetalGuy71
Tall Tyrion
mc666
Fat Freddy
16 posters
AuthorMessage

Bands u like that you found out about from  internet friends Empty
PostSubject: Bands u like that you found out about from internet friends   Bands u like that you found out about from  internet friends Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2008 11:45 am

Saxon - Can't recall ever hearing them or even knowing anybody who liked them as a teen. I was told to buy Lionheart, and now they are one of my fave bands.

Deliverance- I can't say I was ever into Chrstian metal like some here, but how the first 2 albums escpaed me is beyond me. The first 2 cds are classic, imo.

Vain - I think the album cover for No Respect turned me off to this band. I don't need a dude in leather panrs crawling at me on an album cover. But when I bought it on ebay to sell after hearing so much about it on Metal Sludge, I gave it a listen. Now I have all their albums, and like most of their stuff.

Your turn.

Last edited by SoldierUnderCommand on Mon Apr 28, 2008 11:53 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Bands u like that you found out about from internet friends   Bands u like that you found out about from  internet friends Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2008 11:50 am

Hmmm, there are many. I've only been hanging out on music forums for about the past three years, but in that time I've discovered tons of bands, some old and some new...

Off the top of my head...

Firewind
Airbourne
Mortal Sin
E-Z-O
Zion's Abyss
Helstar

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat

Last edited by Fat Freddy on Mon Apr 28, 2008 11:54 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bands u like that you found out about from internet friends   Bands u like that you found out about from  internet friends Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2008 11:52 am

Stormwitch
Rene (krokus) on the board turned me onto them. Cheesy 80's metal. I absolutely love them.

Manitou
Again, Rene (krokus) on the board turned me onto them. Awesome modern metal with an 80's feel. I absolutely love them as well.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Bands u like that you found out about from internet friends   Bands u like that you found out about from  internet friends Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2008 11:57 am

i do not have friends, other than my wife. she makes me listen to all kinds of stuff. she got me into Disturbed.

Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 3367

PostSubject: Re: Bands u like that you found out about from internet friends   Bands u like that you found out about from  internet friends Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2008 12:21 pm

Some of my favorites that I first heard of online:

Rob Rock/Implliterri - I had heard of MARS - Project Driver back
in the day, but never actually got it. How I missed Impelliterri is
beyond me as well, but I first heard of Rob Rock back when Rage of
Creation was coming out. Now he ranks among my favorite vocalists ever.

Winter's Bane - Met Lou St. Paul online when I heard about his planned
instrumental album and hit him up for an interview. Stellar band that I
had never heard before, despite the Priest connection.

Probably a lot more, but I'm too lazy to think of any others.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bands u like that you found out about from internet friends   Bands u like that you found out about from  internet friends Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2008 12:31 pm

Had heard of Rage but never checked them out. Awesome stuff.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Bands u like that you found out about from internet friends   Bands u like that you found out about from  internet friends Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2008 1:15 pm

Probably 95% of my purchases I've made since I started posting here have been because of you wankers. Thanks "internet friends".
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: Bands u like that you found out about from internet friends   Bands u like that you found out about from  internet friends Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2008 2:06 pm

Metalguy - That describes me!!

I started listening to Tri-Rock in 05. I'd always been a Christian Metal guy (not Metalguy) with a sprinkling of Maiden, Dio, Metallica and a few other secular Metal Bands here and there.

Well, on Tri-Rock I heard Rob Rock, Masterplan and Astral Doors and was blown away. Simply stunned. I did some research on buying and trading and that led me to the CMR. I lurked there for a little and it dawned on me due to all the conversations going on that I was WAY out of the loop. I'd listened to the same basic bands for 15-16 years. Bride, Morty, Deliverance, Iron Maiden, Metallica, Soundgarden, Punk in general, etc.....but I had no idea what was "out there". When Metal was driven underground I sort of just stayed in a time warp.

So, in the Autumn of 05 I purchased Masterplan - Aeronautics. I also got Becoming The Archetype's Terminate Damnation and realized there was still great brutal Christian metal to be had. From there I was off on a Metal "bender" and over th next 2 1/2 years bought 100's of CDs and tried to catch up on what I'd been missing all these years.

So, 75%+ of my current collection is thanks to my Brothers at the CMR and both incarnations of The Heart Of Metal (with a big nod to Ult's site which I actually had referenced years before I found the CMR....I guess I never clicked on the links??) To this day if I'm wavering or checking out a band I'd not heard of I go straight to Nolifetilmetal and now these days also MetalMetropolis to make sure of what I'm checking out.

So, you jerks have cost my $1000's!!!!! angry angry
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Bands u like that you found out about from internet friends   Bands u like that you found out about from  internet friends Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2008 2:23 pm

BRAND NEW SIN. Rexorcist was the one who suggested I check them out saying, "they sound like Black Label Society should sound." Indeed! Great band. (But I still like BLS too.)

Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Bands u like that you found out about from internet friends   Bands u like that you found out about from  internet friends Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2008 2:28 pm

Theres probably more but here some I can think of...

Gotthard
Stormwitch
Wolf
Beyond Twilight
Dark Moor
Elvenking
Lizzy Borden
Mob Rules
Rage
Angra
Tarot
Therion
Turisas
Throne Of Chaos
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: Bands u like that you found out about from internet friends   Bands u like that you found out about from  internet friends Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2008 2:37 pm

I wouldn't even know where to start.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Bands u like that you found out about from internet friends   Bands u like that you found out about from  internet friends Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2008 3:54 pm

i didn't consider anyone here at this forum because the thread said internet friends, rather than internet boobs. eyesore recommended Cadaveria to me. so i guess that counts.

MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: Bands u like that you found out about from internet friends   Bands u like that you found out about from  internet friends Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2008 4:04 pm

Well a lot of Power Metal bands i love i found from the NOLIFETILMETAL site. Bands like

Dream Evil
Edguy
Nocturnal Rites

Other then that my internet friends have terrible tastes...
Back to top Go down
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4607

PostSubject: Re: Bands u like that you found out about from internet friends   Bands u like that you found out about from  internet friends Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2008 7:29 pm

I don't even know where I could start. There have been several people (mostly from this board, and A LOT from UncleSax) that have turned me on to TONS of great bands.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Bands u like that you found out about from internet friends   Bands u like that you found out about from  internet friends Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2008 8:07 pm

I have no idea how many bands I got started on because of message boards like this onebut it's a lot. And I like to think that I've contributed to others discovering bands on the same boards.

PostSubject: Re: Bands u like that you found out about from internet friends   Bands u like that you found out about from  internet friends Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2008 10:48 pm

Well.....from nolifetilmetal I discovered:

Annihilator
Blind Guardian
Dark Angel
Exodus
Gamma Ray
Hammerfall
Helloween
Iced Earth
Megadeth
Overkill
Primal Fear
Rainbow
Rhapsody
Running Wild
Symphony X
and Ultimatum, of course....
...not to mention a list of about 60 bands I will be buying material from soon (I just received my loan....I've been broke for a while)

Tremendous respect for his, and everyone else from this site's, opinions on metal and rock.
Back to top Go down
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

PostSubject: Re: Bands u like that you found out about from internet friends   Bands u like that you found out about from  internet friends Icon_minitimeTue Apr 29, 2008 1:45 am

MORGANA LEFAY!!!
Back to top Go down
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

PostSubject: Re: Bands u like that you found out about from internet friends   Bands u like that you found out about from  internet friends Icon_minitimeTue Apr 29, 2008 2:06 am

ultmetal wrote:
BRAND NEW SIN. Rexorcist was the one who suggested I check them out saying, "they sound like Black Label Society should sound." Indeed! Great band. (But I still like BLS too.)

And I got them from you along with Fireball Minisrty. Then I got Priestess and The Sword from Eyesore. Other stuff like Serenity and Mechanical Poet and Dawn of Solace from him too. Lots of power metal from Wargod. I really don't buy anything post 2000 unless I consult here first. Almost everybody that's been here awhile has put me on to something.
Back to top Go down
assault_attack
Metal master
Metal master
assault_attack

Number of posts : 689

PostSubject: Re: Bands u like that you found out about from internet friends   Bands u like that you found out about from  internet friends Icon_minitimeTue Apr 29, 2008 3:52 pm

Jorn Lande
Symphony X
Conception
Sanctuary
Section A
Twilight
Back to top Go down
Chairman_Smith
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

Number of posts : 1636

PostSubject: Re: Bands u like that you found out about from internet friends   Bands u like that you found out about from  internet friends Icon_minitimeWed Apr 30, 2008 9:32 pm

Alot of bands from Ult's page. Specifically, I didn't know who Armed Forces were without his review.
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Number of posts : 2096

PostSubject: Re: Bands u like that you found out about from internet friends   Bands u like that you found out about from  internet friends Icon_minitimeWed Apr 30, 2008 9:55 pm

Some of these I found out about from friends on the net, others from just surfing the net:

Place of Skulls
Therion
Divine Fire
7 Days
Momento Mori
Doomshine
Trogolyte Dawn
Isole
Count Raven
Abdulah
Thunderstorm
Forsaken
Firewind
Nightmare
Memory Garden
Cage
All Souls Day
Starchild
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bands u like that you found out about from internet friends   Bands u like that you found out about from  internet friends Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bands u like that you found out about from internet friends
Page 1 of 1