Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

the solo that got you bangin' forever

Go down 
+11
James B.
scottmitchell74
Lurideath
AchrisK
MetalGuy71
kmorg
INVADERS
Troublezone
mc666
MetalRob331
Mglaffas81
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Mglaffas81
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

Number of posts : 2256

the solo that got you bangin' forever Empty
PostSubject: the solo that got you bangin' forever   the solo that got you bangin' forever Icon_minitimeSun Apr 27, 2008 11:57 pm

A lot of the older guys here on the board grew up with classic bands like Aerosmith, Accept, Motorhead, Ted Nugent, ETC. ETC. ETC...

Now, I want you to think back to when you were a kid (or teenager)..you are listening to some rock song..,and suddenly this blistering composition of high tones attack your ears..yes, you have just discovered the GUITAR SOLO - You think it's the coolest thing on the planet, and it gets you banging around the room, and from that day and..BANG! - Your head has not stopped banging since.

..What was that solo, for you?

Mine was the solo for "Rabalderstraede", which is a song from the Danish rock band, Gasolin'
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: the solo that got you bangin' forever   the solo that got you bangin' forever Icon_minitimeSun Apr 27, 2008 11:59 pm

Don't Talk To Strangers - Dio
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: the solo that got you bangin' forever   the solo that got you bangin' forever Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2008 2:36 am

Well i always liked Sweet Child o' Mines solo and ZZ Tops La Grange solos when i was younger..
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: the solo that got you bangin' forever   the solo that got you bangin' forever Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2008 2:42 am

Slayer - Angel Of Death

Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: the solo that got you bangin' forever   the solo that got you bangin' forever Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2008 5:14 am

Cemetary gates - Pantera
Serpent Moves - Coroner
How will i Laugh - Suicidal Tendencies
Crying in the Rain - Whitesnake
Sunlit Nights - Racer X
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: the solo that got you bangin' forever   the solo that got you bangin' forever Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2008 6:58 am

"the solo that got you bangin' forever"

Really. You actually speak this way?
Back to top Go down
INVADERS
Metal master
Metal master
INVADERS

Number of posts : 937

PostSubject: Re: the solo that got you bangin' forever   the solo that got you bangin' forever Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2008 8:49 am

Judas Priest - Sinner
Judas Priest - Painkiller
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: the solo that got you bangin' forever   the solo that got you bangin' forever Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2008 10:29 am

I've stopped banging many times, so I guess none.

PostSubject: Re: the solo that got you bangin' forever   the solo that got you bangin' forever Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2008 10:34 am

Quote :
Well i always liked Sweet Child o' Mines

Uncle Saxon loves that one too.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: the solo that got you bangin' forever   the solo that got you bangin' forever Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2008 10:35 am

I don't remember any one solo in particular, but it was probably something on Appetite for Destruction. That album was my introduction to heavy metal.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: the solo that got you bangin' forever   the solo that got you bangin' forever Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2008 10:38 am

Yep. In 1988 MG and I first heard Apettite and were blown away!!!!!! Remember that, buddy?

Axl is GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: the solo that got you bangin' forever   the solo that got you bangin' forever Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2008 10:43 am

spectrefate wrote:
Yep. In 1988 MG and I first heard Apettite and were blown away!!!!!! Remember that, buddy?

Axl is GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Like it was yesterday. We were painting our toe-nails, listening to Debbie Gibson's Electric Youth when you said, "Hey, just for a goof, let's put on this album. You handed me Appetite..., the needle on my Fisher-Price record player dropped, and well, like they say, the rest is history. Good times, my friend. Good times indeed.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: the solo that got you bangin' forever   the solo that got you bangin' forever Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2008 12:37 pm

Why do so many of the titles hear have a double entendre sound? I read this title and want to say, I Dream of Genie.
Musically it would be Crazy Train.
Back to top Go down
AchrisK
Metal master
Metal master
AchrisK

Number of posts : 975

PostSubject: Re: the solo that got you bangin' forever   the solo that got you bangin' forever Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2008 3:51 pm

^Me too. Heard Crazy Train on the radio back in the very early 80's and have been a metalhead ever since!
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

PostSubject: Re: the solo that got you bangin' forever   the solo that got you bangin' forever Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2008 4:11 pm

The solo from Ozzy's "Little Doll's" tune off Diary of a Madman.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: the solo that got you bangin' forever   the solo that got you bangin' forever Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2008 6:11 pm

I think Detroit Rock City had the first solo that really stuck in my head.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: the solo that got you bangin' forever   the solo that got you bangin' forever Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2008 6:19 pm

Quote :
Really. You actually speak this way?

"Where did you learn to talk like that? Some Panama City sailor-wanna-hump-hump-bar? Or is it getaway day and your last chance at his whiskey? Sell crazy some where else, we're all stocked up here!"
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: the solo that got you bangin' forever   the solo that got you bangin' forever Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2008 6:43 pm

Statesboro Blues- the opening song on Allman Brothers at Fillmore East
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: the solo that got you bangin' forever   the solo that got you bangin' forever Icon_minitimeTue Apr 29, 2008 1:31 am

Metallica-Enter Sandman

First metal song, first guitar solo I noticed.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb

PostSubject: Re: the solo that got you bangin' forever   the solo that got you bangin' forever Icon_minitimeTue Apr 29, 2008 12:41 pm

Quote :
"Where did you learn to talk like that? Some Panama City sailor-wanna-hump-hump-bar? Or is it getaway day and your last chance at his whiskey? Sell crazy some where else, we're all stocked up here!"

I live near Panama City. What are those lyrics from?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: the solo that got you bangin' forever   the solo that got you bangin' forever Icon_minitimeTue Apr 29, 2008 12:44 pm

For me it was the solo pictorial of Madonna in Penthouse back in like '85.
Back to top Go down
XYZ
Card-carrying Van Halen Freak
XYZ

Number of posts : 2600

PostSubject: Re: the solo that got you bangin' forever   the solo that got you bangin' forever Icon_minitimeTue Apr 29, 2008 1:11 pm

Eruption. I was left awestruck after that.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: the solo that got you bangin' forever   the solo that got you bangin' forever Icon_minitimeTue Apr 29, 2008 5:38 pm

Ace Frehley's solo in Shock Me
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: the solo that got you bangin' forever   the solo that got you bangin' forever Icon_minitimeTue Apr 29, 2008 5:39 pm

Quote :
I live near Panama City. What are those lyrics from?

It's a line from one of my 5 favorite movies ever - As Good As It Gets.

Melvin Udal is referring to Panama City, Panama in that one.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: the solo that got you bangin' forever   the solo that got you bangin' forever Icon_minitimeWed Apr 30, 2008 1:54 am

Deep Purple - Smoke on the Water!

Everyone talks mostly about the opening riff, but it's the solo that has stuck w/ me the most over the years. Peace.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: the solo that got you bangin' forever   the solo that got you bangin' forever Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

the solo that got you bangin' forever
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next