Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Emerging band help

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

Emerging band help Empty
PostSubject: Emerging band help   Emerging band help Icon_minitimeSat Apr 19, 2008 12:53 am

I know quite a few of you guys play music and me and my friend Troy are trying to start a christian centered thrash band in the vein of bands like Vengeance Rising or The Crucified. We virtualy know nothing, as neither of us have played in a band before. Is there any advice, tips, or words of wisdom from any of you expirienced mettalers?
Back to top Go down

Emerging band help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Emerging band help   Emerging band help Icon_minitimeSat Apr 19, 2008 1:15 pm

Dunno...I played a lot with my friend but never in a band. I would say try to do covers before trying to write musics and lyrics.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

Emerging band help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Emerging band help   Emerging band help Icon_minitimeSat Apr 19, 2008 2:24 pm

Get together and jam and jam and jam. Real important when just starting out with other musicians, you need to feel each other out and get to know when and where
the others are gonna go with something. Once you get comfortable, doing covers and perhaps writing is a whole lot easier. I wouldn't focus too much on duplicating another bands song(s) to the T, but rather get tight with the arrangement you use and don't be afraid to mix it up a bit. It's good to be serious, but still have fun in the process or it will get old prettyquick.

Laterz
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

Emerging band help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Emerging band help   Emerging band help Icon_minitimeSat Apr 19, 2008 9:48 pm

Sorry, I don't have any wise advice like James B., but I just wanted to wish you :goodluck:
Back to top Go down
White_Mage
Metal master
Metal master
White_Mage

Number of posts : 535

Emerging band help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Emerging band help   Emerging band help Icon_minitimeSun Apr 20, 2008 2:51 am

I agree with James.B but here someother things to keep in mind

1) make sure you're band members are totally dedicated I know to many bands that break up cause of undedicated/unmotivated members

2) Play the hell out of your instruments practice and practice its the only way to improve

3) Enjoy it (thats what music is all about)
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Emerging band help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Emerging band help   Emerging band help Icon_minitimeSun Apr 20, 2008 6:38 pm

Thanks for the help so far guys. Also a side note, what is a good guitar for leads and general hot, fast playing? I was thinking something along the lines of Jackson or Kramer. Were in the process of buying gear and I'm just wondering whats good.
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Emerging band help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Emerging band help   Emerging band help Icon_minitimeSun Apr 20, 2008 10:35 pm

the sentinel wrote:
Sorry, I don't have any wise advice like James B., but I just wanted to wish you :goodluck:

Thanks for the luck brother.
Back to top Go down
White_Mage
Metal master
Metal master
White_Mage

Number of posts : 535

Emerging band help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Emerging band help   Emerging band help Icon_minitimeMon Apr 21, 2008 8:36 pm

Kramers are pretty hot sounding guitars and their a good price too. I play a Jackson and its got a tight sound and looks wicked cool on stage. you really can't go wrong with either just make sure you get a really good amp thats one thing you can't cheap out on I'd recomend a Mesa or Randall for a lead/shred sound you also can't go wrong with a Marshall

🤘 Good Luck to the band hope you guys can start wailing soon
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

Emerging band help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Emerging band help   Emerging band help Icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2008 6:25 pm

my mother does not think i should invest in a new bass amp for my band. ah she just does not understand our distortion needs
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Emerging band help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Emerging band help   Emerging band help Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2008 12:19 pm

TheGooch wrote:
my mother does not think i should invest in a new bass amp for my band. ah she just does not understand our distortion needs

You still live with your parents man? that must be kind of lame.

Does anyone have expirience with ESP or shecter guitars?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Emerging band help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Emerging band help   Emerging band help Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Emerging band help
Page 1 of 1