Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Record Store Day This Saturday!!!

Go down 
+7
krokus
MetalGuy71
mc666
stormspell
the sentinel
Fat Freddy
A Handful of Wayne
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Record Store Day This Saturday!!! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Record Store Day This Saturday!!!   Record Store Day This Saturday!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2009 12:20 pm

This thread was bumped from right around this time last year. Did they do this again this year?

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Record Store Day This Saturday!!!   Record Store Day This Saturday!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2009 12:34 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
This thread was bumped from right around this time last year. Did they do this again this year?

Yes they did but I did not go to any of stores taking part , took my kids to the beach instead.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Record Store Day This Saturday!!!   Record Store Day This Saturday!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2009 12:36 pm

manny wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

Yes they did but I did not go to any of stores taking part , took my kids to the beach instead.

Ahhhh poop. I missed it. Oh well. I got my new music fix this weekend at a flea market. See Collector's Corner for details. \'arry \'eadbanger

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Record Store Day This Saturday!!!   Record Store Day This Saturday!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2009 12:37 pm

I spent my Record Store Day doing work out in my yard. Damn. Sad

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Record Store Day This Saturday!!!   Record Store Day This Saturday!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2009 12:38 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:

Yea, I did some of that too. Been sneezing my head off ever since.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Record Store Day This Saturday!!!   Record Store Day This Saturday!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2009 12:42 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

Yea, I did some of that too. Been sneezing my head off ever since.

Ditto. I just finished tearing down an old wooden toolshed that has been in my yard since I moved in. Over the years it became increasingly rotten and unsafe (and a haven for insects), and over the winter the roof finally caved in on it. Right now my backyard looks like an explosion in a lumber yard. Can't wait to get rid of all the scraps and stuff, by the end of the day I was in allergy Hell.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Svengo
Metal master
Metal master
Svengo

Number of posts : 967

PostSubject: Re: Record Store Day This Saturday!!!   Record Store Day This Saturday!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2009 12:45 pm

The indie store near me here had an awesome event with tons of great deals on cds, vinyl, and other stuff. They also had about 20 pretty great bands of all types playing throughout the day as well as a beer truck, food, and the like.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Record Store Day This Saturday!!!   Record Store Day This Saturday!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2009 3:04 pm

Yea that was on saturday and I think Im going to have to BAN record store day. Reason is... They release special things on this day which is great and all but, they give the stores such a limited supply its almost pointless to even try to get to the store in time before something sells out. There was 2 things I wanted that day, Slayers Psychopathy Red 7", and Queen Queens first Ep. I went to 2 stores one store sold out and it was only maybe 12:00 when I got there and they were open at 10. So fine they were nice guys and said sorry blah blah blah so I wasnt too upset about it. I thought ok let me try another store that I go to all of the time and I buy so much stuff from there its not even funny. So I call them to see if they have these 2 releases and the one guy that answers the phone was helping me out sort of until I asked if they could hold me the Queen cd since he said it was the last one. So he was like no sorry so I said If I give you my credit card number and pay for it over the phone would that be ok? So hes like hold on. I wait almost 10 minutes for some moron to answer the phone and give me a huge attitude saying that hes sooooo busy he cant take any phone orders and just kept going on and on. So I eventually just hung up on him cause he was being a complete jerk. From his voice I knew exactly who he was so I already knew that he was one of the guys that I really dislike at the store anyway but since I got such an attitude over the phone I will no longer be going to that store. I had my little card when I bought 20 cds I am able to get a free one that I used yesturday and it was my last purchase ever from there. I really wanted to tell them that but the girl who rung me up is really nice so I didnt even mention it but of course the moron who I talked to on the phone was there. I didnt even bring it up to him because I didnt want to get into a whole arguement. My cousin was with me though and while were online he starts talking to the girl who rang me up and he says... "So how does it feel being the only girl here working with men that dont shower" lol the guy just looked up and he was not happy at all. hahaha we were all laughing except for him, that made my day. hahaha

So from now on who really gives a crap about record store day? not me. I'll be getting my stuff on ebay, amazon, the other store that really doesnt have anything anymore and FYE (even though their prices sometimes are a bit steep) oh and the occasional Best Buy which seems to be slowly getting rid of cds.

just figured id share my record store day story haha

Metal master
Metal master
Svengo

Number of posts : 967

PostSubject: Re: Record Store Day This Saturday!!!   Record Store Day This Saturday!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2009 3:15 pm

Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:
So from now on who really gives a crap about record store day? not me. I'll be getting my stuff on ebay, amazon, the other store that really doesnt have anything anymore and FYE (even though their prices sometimes are a bit steep) oh and the occasional Best Buy which seems to be slowly getting rid of cds.

just figured id share my record store day story haha
I get a good bit of my stuff on-line as well but there are still quite a few releases that are only sold in indie record shops. Which is cool with me since I still like supporting locally owned stores and talking with people there about music.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Record Store Day This Saturday!!!   Record Store Day This Saturday!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2009 3:57 pm

all the mom and pop shops that are near me I couldnt care less to even talk to them really. The only place I used to talk to the owner that place closed down. He knew what he was talking about too. The other stores the people dont even know much about music they are just working there to work there and couldnt care less either that or they listen to emo or some other stuff that I have no interest in. So I dont really walk into stores to chit chat. I wish I could cause I really like to talk about bands.

Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

PostSubject: Re: Record Store Day This Saturday!!!   Record Store Day This Saturday!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 9:52 pm

It was 108 outside where I live, so I was in the pool ALL day.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Record Store Day This Saturday!!!   Record Store Day This Saturday!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 10:19 pm

EvyMetal wrote:
It was 108 outside where I live, so I was in the pool ALL day.

Shrinkage.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Record Store Day This Saturday!!!   Record Store Day This Saturday!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Record Store Day This Saturday!!!
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2