Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Better Song writer(s)

Go down 
+5
ultmetal
caniplaywithmadness?
mc666
AchrisK
TH Joe
9 posters
AuthorMessage

Better Song writer(s) Empty
PostSubject: Better Song writer(s)   Better Song writer(s) Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2007 12:24 am

Who do you think is the better song writer, Megadeth or Metallica? It seems a lot of people like Metallica's pening over Dave's writing, but I'm the other way. I like Dave more then Metallica. Who do you think has teh better song writing?
Back to top Go down
TH Joe
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
TH Joe

Number of posts : 450

PostSubject: Re: Better Song writer(s)   Better Song writer(s) Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2007 12:30 am

I agree with you. I prefer Dave's writing to James'. That's probably just 'cuz I prefer Megadeth to Metallica, in general.
Back to top Go down
AchrisK
Metal master
Metal master
AchrisK

Number of posts : 975

PostSubject: Re: Better Song writer(s)   Better Song writer(s) Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2007 12:42 am

I can't say overall, but I think I like my favorite Megadeth songs more than my favorite Metallica songs. I would say, although I like the first three Metallica albums quite a bit, I am, even to this day, more blown away by Peace Sells that by any Metallica album.

ack

EDIT: Well, I guess I kinda did say overall...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Better Song writer(s)   Better Song writer(s) Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2007 12:55 am

AchrisK wrote:
I can't say overall, but I think I like my favorite Megadeth songs more than my favorite Metallica songs. I would say, although I like the first three Metallica albums quite a bit, I am, even to this day, more blown away by Peace Sells that by any Metallica album.

ack

EDIT: Well, I guess I kinda did say overall...

Even to that, Dave wrote half of Kill'em All and even a bit of RTL too.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Better Song writer(s)   Better Song writer(s) Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2007 1:01 am

it all depends on the album... but as i've said before, Rust In Peace is probably my favorite thrash album ever. the writing, both music & lyrics, is just one reason for that.

PostSubject: Re: Better Song writer(s)   Better Song writer(s) Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2007 7:14 am

Definitely Dave.
Back to top Go down
caniplaywithmadness?
Metal master
Metal master
caniplaywithmadness?

Number of posts : 515

PostSubject: Re: Better Song writer(s)   Better Song writer(s) Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2007 7:52 am

i've always preferred megadeth to metallica to be honest
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Better Song writer(s)   Better Song writer(s) Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2007 8:45 am

Considering the first two Metallica albums featured some of Dave's riffs, and those are my favorite Metallica albums, I'd go with Dave.

However, I think that the Metalli-dudes have written some great tunes on their own, so it depends on the album. This seems to be the eternal debate between thrash fans; Metallica vs. Megadeth. I'm of the opinion that both wrote some great stuff, both gave us some total crap. (St. Anger being the worst of the bunch IMO, w/ Risk coming in a not so close second.)

Metal master
Metal master
Invader

Number of posts : 590

PostSubject: Re: Better Song writer(s)   Better Song writer(s) Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2007 9:03 am

Dave.
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

PostSubject: Re: Better Song writer(s)   Better Song writer(s) Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2007 12:32 pm

Dave. By quite a lot.

Metal master
Metal master
INVADERS

Number of posts : 937

PostSubject: Re: Better Song writer(s)   Better Song writer(s) Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2007 2:51 pm

Dave... all the way
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5702

PostSubject: Re: Better Song writer(s)   Better Song writer(s) Icon_minitimeFri Mar 30, 2007 12:32 pm

MEGADETH
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Better Song writer(s)   Better Song writer(s) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Better Song writer(s)
Page 1 of 1