Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Gambled & Lost

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Gambled & Lost Empty
PostSubject: Gambled & Lost   Gambled & Lost Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2008 2:55 pm

I went out to lunch today and just for s*hits & giggles, I decided to stop into a Goodwill Store that I've passed hundreds of times, looking for bargian cd's. What I found in there was tons of great metal at bargain basement prices. Too bad it was ALL badly used/abused cassette tapes. Flotsam & Jetsam, Sacred Reich, Asphalt Ballet, and Loudness are just a few off the top of my head that I saw in the bins. Too bad the market for tapes is in the toilet or I woulda scooped 'em up. I know there are probably some folks out there that would buy 'em, but I don't have the time or patience to deal. And they all looked pretty beat up too.

Just thought I'd share today's lunch time adventure with all y'all since it's another slow day in work.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

Gambled & Lost Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gambled & Lost   Gambled & Lost Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2008 10:40 pm

I know what you mean. There is a local record store going out of business, the next town over, after 30 years of operation. But it is so badly picked over and has been for some time that a 75% of sale is worthless to me because there is nothing I want. And there hasn't been there for quite some time.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

Gambled & Lost Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gambled & Lost   Gambled & Lost Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2008 10:43 pm

Bummer MetalGuy!! So anti-climatic!
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

Gambled & Lost Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gambled & Lost   Gambled & Lost Icon_minitimeSat Apr 12, 2008 5:13 pm

I'm always hitting up the local thrift stores looking for music. The glut of great cassettes is always amazing. For awhile I would buy a few but then they just took up more space and were never played. What I wouldn't give for some of that stuff to be on CD or vinyl.

I actually found a (almost new condition) copy of Warlock's True As Steel the other day at the Salvation Army. It's funny the random stuff that ends up in those places.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

Gambled & Lost Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gambled & Lost   Gambled & Lost Icon_minitimeSat Apr 12, 2008 6:42 pm

Its been a depressing thrift store market here too lately. I was finding stuff I could trade/sell on a regular basis and then BOOM! its been dry. Here is to hoping that it picks up!!

Alex

Sponsored content

Gambled & Lost Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gambled & Lost   Gambled & Lost Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Gambled & Lost
Page 1 of 1