Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Gawd, I love Doom Metal...

Go down 
+53
80s Metal Lady
Dr8breed74
oldschooldoom
powermacho
metalhead777
breathingliquid
Crazy Hippie
deathisgain
assault_attack
chewie
candlemass
Singwhatyoucan'tsay
Thelemech
Chrome Locust
bgsully
corplhicks
choosemetal
Boris2008
ultmetal
SpectreFate
AchrisK
metalken
Wurthless
Jesusandmetal23
Hamer12
Grimmo
Gilbert
brokentulsa
thejokeriv
nevermore
Eyesore
Shawn Of Fire
Mordor
Dave the Boss
TheGooch
Orion Crystal Ice
metalmaniac122
Troublezone
DallasBlack
Fat Freddy
GrandNational
White_Mage
Selvmord
DeathCult
MetalGuy71
Thrasher73
ThrashedOutCobra33
Lurideath
Wargod
SAHB Healer
TrogDawn
mc666
Temple of Blood
57 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 14 ... 26  Next
AuthorMessage

Gawd, I love Doom Metal... - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gawd, I love Doom Metal...   Gawd, I love Doom Metal... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2008 9:17 am

My 2 favorite CATHEDRAL albums are Forest Of Equilibrium and Endtyme.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Gawd, I love Doom Metal...   Gawd, I love Doom Metal... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2008 12:16 pm

How about, My Silent Wake? Ian does some amazing work on those albums.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Gawd, I love Doom Metal...   Gawd, I love Doom Metal... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2008 12:17 pm

emptytomb1 wrote:
How about, My Silent Wake? Ian does some amazing work on those albums.

You aint lyin. I call that doom death though. I didn't know if it counted. If it does, I implore anyone to check out Runemagick (http://www.runemagick.se). I can't say enough good things about that band.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Gawd, I love Doom Metal...   Gawd, I love Doom Metal... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2008 12:19 pm

Thta makes sense, Doom/Death. Awesome to my ears still. Now looking up teh Runemagick.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Gawd, I love Doom Metal...   Gawd, I love Doom Metal... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2008 2:16 pm

Doom Death...good tag.

MSW is great!!
Back to top Go down
TrogDawn
Janitor of the Void
TrogDawn

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Gawd, I love Doom Metal...   Gawd, I love Doom Metal... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2008 2:19 pm

Yep, MSW is gothic/death/doom to be specific (just ask them). Check out their debut Shadow of Sorrow if you haven't yet - it's a friggin' masterpiece, IMO. I never liked death vox at all until I heard Ian doing them! 🤘

Oh and will all you doom lovers please come and chime in on Shawn's thread over at the Cave?

http://thecave.niceboard.com/doom-room-stoner-heights-f4/what-is-it-about-doom-metal-t947.htm

Gawd, I love Doom Metal... - Page 3 309780

Last edited by TrogDawn on Wed Apr 09, 2008 2:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://bandcamp.com/stonegrooverecords/following

PostSubject: Re: Gawd, I love Doom Metal...   Gawd, I love Doom Metal... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2008 2:24 pm

TrogDawn wrote:
Yep, MSW is gothic/doom/death to be specific (just ask them). Check out their debut Shadow of Sorrow if you haven't yet - it's a friggin' masterpiece, IMO. I never liked death vox at all until I heard Ian doing them! 🤘

Oh and will all you doom lovers please come and chime in on Shawn's thread over at the Cave?

http://thecave.niceboard.com/doom-room-stoner-heights-f4/what-is-it-about-doom-metal-t947.htm

YES!!! GO POST IN MY THREAD!!! Gawd, I love Doom Metal... - Page 3 927150
Back to top Go down
TrogDawn
Janitor of the Void
TrogDawn

PostSubject: Re: Gawd, I love Doom Metal...   Gawd, I love Doom Metal... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2008 2:27 pm

I did, and I feel ASOFU and tingly for it! What a Face
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Gawd, I love Doom Metal...   Gawd, I love Doom Metal... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2008 2:27 pm

My first Cave post has occured. I feel so dirty. Sad
Back to top Go down
TrogDawn
Janitor of the Void
TrogDawn

PostSubject: Re: Gawd, I love Doom Metal...   Gawd, I love Doom Metal... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2008 2:29 pm

spectrefate wrote:
You'll get used to, and even come to crave it. Gawd, I love Doom Metal... - Page 3 309780
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Gawd, I love Doom Metal...   Gawd, I love Doom Metal... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2008 2:30 pm

TrogDawn wrote:
spectrefate wrote:
You'll get used to, and even come to crave it. Gawd, I love Doom Metal... - Page 3 309780

I'm taking over the Endless Echoes forum....I cannot be stopped!! Gawd, I love Doom Metal... - Page 3 505193
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Gawd, I love Doom Metal...   Gawd, I love Doom Metal... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2008 2:48 pm

I need to expand on doom in my collection. The only doom, death/doom, and partial doom albums I have right now is:

Cathedral-The Ethereal Mirror
My Silent Wake-Shadow Of Sorrow
My Silent Wake-The Anatomy of Melancholy
Theatre Of Tragedy-Velvet Darkness They Fear
Paramaecium-Within The Ancient Forest
Anathema-The Silent Enigma
Fear Of God-Within The Veil
Randy Rose-Into The Unknown
Randy Rose-Healing
Veni Domine-IIII: The Album of Labour
Novembers Doom-The Pale Haunt Departure

There may be some others but these are the only ones that can be argued to be anywhere near doom.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb

PostSubject: Re: Gawd, I love Doom Metal...   Gawd, I love Doom Metal... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2008 2:49 pm

Get some TROUBLE & CANDLEMASS...then SOLITUDE AETURNUS...then PLACE OF SKULLS...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Gawd, I love Doom Metal...   Gawd, I love Doom Metal... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2008 2:57 pm

Am I missing the Veni Domine doom parts? Alot of peeps say they have doomish stuff but I don't hear it.....
Back to top Go down
TrogDawn
Janitor of the Void
TrogDawn

PostSubject: Re: Gawd, I love Doom Metal...   Gawd, I love Doom Metal... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2008 2:58 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
I need to expand on doom in my collection. The only doom, death/doom, and partial doom albums I have right now is:

Cathedral-The Ethereal Mirror
My Silent Wake-Shadow Of Sorrow
My Silent Wake-The Anatomy of Melancholy
Paramaecium-Within The Ancient Forest
Anathema-The Silent Enigma
Randy Rose-Into The Unknown
Randy Rose-Healing
Novembers Doom-The Pale Haunt Departure

There may be some others but these are the only ones that can be argued to be anywhere near doom.
I'd personally call those I left in the quote doom for sure. Check out the debut Sacrificium by Randy Rose also if you like the two you already have. Definitely his most DANZIG sounding one!

DallasBlack wrote:
Veni Domine-IIII: The Album of Labour
More of a prog-doom approach, IMO. But many doomy elements are present in places - particularly on Material Sanctuary, IMO.

DallasBlack wrote:
Theatre Of Tragedy-Velvet Darkness They Fear
Fear Of God-Within The Veil
I'm not really familiar with these two. don\'t know

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Get some TROUBLE & CANDLEMASS...then SOLITUDE AETURNUS...then PLACE OF SKULLS...
And even some TROGLODYTE DAWN if you're up for it! What a Face

http://trogdawn.bravehost.com/merch.html

Last edited by TrogDawn on Wed Apr 09, 2008 2:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Gawd, I love Doom Metal...   Gawd, I love Doom Metal... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2008 2:59 pm

TrogDawn wrote:
Yep, MSW is gothic/death/doom to be specific (just ask them). Check out their debut Shadow of Sorrow if you haven't yet - it's a friggin' masterpiece, IMO. I never liked death vox at all until I heard Ian doing them! 🤘

That is certainly a enticing invite, but if I join another message board, my a$$ is gonna get fired. I already waste enough of the company's time posting my stupid comments here.
Back to top Go down
TrogDawn
Janitor of the Void
TrogDawn

PostSubject: Re: Gawd, I love Doom Metal...   Gawd, I love Doom Metal... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2008 3:00 pm

So quit one of the other, less essential boards! Gawd, I love Doom Metal... - Page 3 309780
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Gawd, I love Doom Metal...   Gawd, I love Doom Metal... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2008 3:02 pm

TrogDawn wrote:
So quit one of the other, less essential boards! Gawd, I love Doom Metal... - Page 3 309780

This is the only board where I post. I've tried to quit, but Spec and Freddy keep drawing me back in.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Gawd, I love Doom Metal...   Gawd, I love Doom Metal... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2008 3:02 pm

I did the cave for awhile but I felt like an ignoramus. I like doom, those guys breathe eat and s##t it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Gawd, I love Doom Metal...   Gawd, I love Doom Metal... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2008 3:04 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:

This is the only board where I post. I've tried to quit, but Spec and Freddy keep drawing me back in.

Whoa buddy, don't blame your impending dismissal on me. That's clearly going to be all Freddy's fault!
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Gawd, I love Doom Metal...   Gawd, I love Doom Metal... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2008 3:05 pm

emptytomb1 wrote:
I did the cave for awhile but I felt like an ignoramus. I like doom, those guys breathe eat and s##t it.

That too. At least here, I can usually talk a prety good game, even when I am talking out of my asshat.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Gawd, I love Doom Metal...   Gawd, I love Doom Metal... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2008 3:05 pm

emptytomb1 wrote:

Gawd, I love Doom Metal... - Page 3 288219
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Gawd, I love Doom Metal...   Gawd, I love Doom Metal... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2008 3:09 pm

See? Shawn just did a doom.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Gawd, I love Doom Metal...   Gawd, I love Doom Metal... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2008 3:11 pm

emptytomb1 wrote:
See? Shawn just did a doom.

From the depths of my innermost being.... Gawd, I love Doom Metal... - Page 3 604261
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Gawd, I love Doom Metal...   Gawd, I love Doom Metal... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2008 3:13 pm

Dood, your doom stinks. Less fast food, more fiber. Maybe that's why the cave scares so many.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gawd, I love Doom Metal...   Gawd, I love Doom Metal... - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Gawd, I love Doom Metal...
Page 3 of 26Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 14 ... 26  Next