Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Gawd, I love Doom Metal...

Go down 
+53
80s Metal Lady
Dr8breed74
oldschooldoom
powermacho
metalhead777
breathingliquid
Crazy Hippie
deathisgain
assault_attack
chewie
candlemass
Singwhatyoucan'tsay
Thelemech
Chrome Locust
bgsully
corplhicks
choosemetal
Boris2008
ultmetal
SpectreFate
AchrisK
metalken
Wurthless
Jesusandmetal23
Hamer12
Grimmo
Gilbert
brokentulsa
thejokeriv
nevermore
Eyesore
Shawn Of Fire
Mordor
Dave the Boss
TheGooch
Orion Crystal Ice
metalmaniac122
Troublezone
DallasBlack
Fat Freddy
GrandNational
White_Mage
Selvmord
DeathCult
MetalGuy71
Thrasher73
ThrashedOutCobra33
Lurideath
Wargod
SAHB Healer
TrogDawn
mc666
Temple of Blood
57 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 21 ... 26  Next
AuthorMessage
bgsully
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
bgsully

Number of posts : 1692

Doom - Gawd, I love Doom Metal... - Page 17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gawd, I love Doom Metal...   Doom - Gawd, I love Doom Metal... - Page 17 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2014 5:14 am

Eyesore wrote:
Boris2008 wrote:
bgsully wrote:
I can't post a sample right now,  but has anyone heard of Reverend Bizarre?  I came across them today while sampling doom bands. The song was Slave of Satan. The music was very slow and deliberate.....the vocals were what caught my attention; though. They were almost OVER done kind of melodramatic...almost goth like.  Anyways, sounded like something worth exploring.

I dig Reverend Bizarre, the track you mentioned is very much like you said, but they also have some (slightly) more upbeat stuff with less dramatic vocals. They are well worth checking out properly. I only own So Long Suckers which is a monstrously long doomathon, but really good.

Great band. Lots of long instrumental breaks on their albums. A 13-minutes song might have a minute of vocals, you know. But definitely worth checking out either way.

Sounds cool. I've had a limited Doom catalog for some time, but always loved the genre....now I'm reading back through these posts to get some more exposure.
Back to top Go down
bgsully
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
bgsully

Number of posts : 1692

PostSubject: Re: Gawd, I love Doom Metal...   Doom - Gawd, I love Doom Metal... - Page 17 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2014 8:07 am

I still remember my 1st introduction to Doom. I was 15 (a long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away) and Thrash and Death Metal were IT for me....then a good friend introduced me to:
My dying bride
Tiamat
Winter
Solitude Aeturnus

........jaw commenced to dropping. \'arry \'eadbanger
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Gawd, I love Doom Metal...   Doom - Gawd, I love Doom Metal... - Page 17 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 01, 2014 11:22 am

I don't feel like going back through 16 pages, but has Valpurgis Night been mentioned yet? I think they're a new-ish band out of England (2010) with a sound of vintage Candlemass and traditional 80's metal. I'd think they'd find some fans here.

I can't find any YouTube clips at the moment, but if you click on that link to their website, you can stream the album Psalms of Solemn Virtue.

http://valpurgisnight.com/

Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Gawd, I love Doom Metal...   Doom - Gawd, I love Doom Metal... - Page 17 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 02, 2014 6:02 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
I don't feel like going back through 16 pages, but has Valpurgis Night been mentioned yet? I think they're a new-ish band out of England (2010) with a sound of vintage Candlemass and traditional 80's metal. I'd think they'd find some fans here.

I can't find any YouTube clips at the moment, but if you click on that link to their website, you can stream the album Psalms of Solemn Virtue.

http://valpurgisnight.com/

Yeah, not bad. After a bit of digging it turns out that they have a new record out soon and the band features Lance Barrington of hotly tipped but not very popular 'too late for the new wave of british heavy metal' band Tilt.

Fans of Saxon & Scorps will probably approve

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Gawd, I love Doom Metal...   Doom - Gawd, I love Doom Metal... - Page 17 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 02, 2014 9:56 am

Not bad. Guy sounds just like Klaus.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Gawd, I love Doom Metal...   Doom - Gawd, I love Doom Metal... - Page 17 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2014 4:28 am

The dildo that fronted The Gates of Slumber has a new band called Wretch. Sounds killer!

Very popular, too.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Gawd, I love Doom Metal...   Doom - Gawd, I love Doom Metal... - Page 17 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2014 7:47 am

Eyesore wrote:
The dildo that fronted The Gates of Slumber has a new band called Wretch. Sounds killer!

Very popular, too.

Good song, great skullet! headbanger
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: Gawd, I love Doom Metal...   Doom - Gawd, I love Doom Metal... - Page 17 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2014 12:29 pm

Eyesore wrote:

Very popular, too.

Sounds good!!
Back to top Go down
TrogDawn
Janitor of the Void
TrogDawn

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Gawd, I love Doom Metal...   Doom - Gawd, I love Doom Metal... - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 19, 2014 11:54 pm

Newest single from ENIRVA on Stone Groove Records now available for purchase on Bandcamp:

Purchase here: https://enirva1.bandcamp.com/track/sky-tripper

Doom - Gawd, I love Doom Metal... - Page 17 10
Back to top Go down
https://bandcamp.com/stonegrooverecords/following
choosemetal
Metal master
Metal master
choosemetal

Number of posts : 757

PostSubject: Re: Gawd, I love Doom Metal...   Doom - Gawd, I love Doom Metal... - Page 17 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2014 6:50 pm

Eyesore wrote:

Very popular, too.

The guy is a jerk I'm guessing??
Back to top Go down
http://wwwtotalmetal.blogspot.com/
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Gawd, I love Doom Metal...   Doom - Gawd, I love Doom Metal... - Page 17 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2014 8:10 pm

choosemetal wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

Very popular, too.

A total asshole. He threatened to kill me a whole bunch of times on another forum because I defended The Sword. Haha. He and others were all pissed off because doom fans were digging The Sword and they were too mainstream. They kept talking about how the band members' rich parents got them a slot at SxSw and a record deal, that they never released any demos, etc. I pointed out that they certainly did release demos, as I had them, and that just infuriated all of them. Haha. It was pretty funny.

But still, the asshat that ran Miskatonic Records was making threats, too, and he had my address because I had pre-ordered a Desolation Angels box set he was supposed to release (and never did), so that was a bit unnerving.

Admittedly, this was pushing a decade ago and I had no qualms being a sarcastic prick solely for the purpose of pissing them off. And I infuriated many of them.

Either way, he's a shitbag. I dig his music a lot, though. Bet that'd kill him to know. Haha.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: Gawd, I love Doom Metal...   Doom - Gawd, I love Doom Metal... - Page 17 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2014 11:07 am

Eyesore wrote:
choosemetal wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

Very popular, too.

A total asshole. He threatened to kill me a whole bunch of times on another forum because I defended The Sword. Haha. He and others were all pissed off because doom fans were digging The Sword and they were too mainstream. They kept talking about how the band members' rich parents got them a slot at SxSw and a record deal, that they never released any demos, etc. I pointed out that they certainly did release demos, as I had them, and that just infuriated all of them. Haha. It was pretty funny.

But still, the asshat that ran Miskatonic Records was making threats, too, and he had my address because I had pre-ordered a Desolation Angels box set he was supposed to release (and never did), so that was a bit unnerving.

Admittedly, this was pushing a decade ago and I had no qualms being a sarcastic prick solely for the purpose of pissing them off. And I infuriated many of them.

Either way, he's a shitbag. I dig his music a lot, though. Bet that'd kill him to know. Haha.

Wow!!! I met him when TGoS opened for Church Of Misery a couple of years ago. He was pretty laidback and was a nice guy. Of course, no talk of The Sword came up either. lol!
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: Gawd, I love Doom Metal...   Doom - Gawd, I love Doom Metal... - Page 17 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2014 11:33 am

New one is out.
Back to top Go down
TrogDawn
Janitor of the Void
TrogDawn

PostSubject: Re: Gawd, I love Doom Metal...   Doom - Gawd, I love Doom Metal... - Page 17 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2014 1:01 am

Southern Sludge Doom from Georgia is unleashed via Stone Groove Records!

Click here for band music store: https://crawl1.bandcamp.com

Old Wood & Broken Dreams is CRAWL's first full length, and the first single from the album is titled "Nigredo"

Both are available at the links below:

https://crawl1.bandcamp.com/album/old-wood-broken-dreams_______________________________https://crawl1.bandcamp.com/track/nigredo-2

Doom - Gawd, I love Doom Metal... - Page 17 CRAWLOldWoodCover-570b Doom - Gawd, I love Doom Metal... - Page 17 Nigredo570b

And you can watch/listen to "Nigredo" on the Stone Groove Records channel on YouTube (subscribe while you're there and keep up to date on all the latest releases from Stone Groove Records):

Click here for label music store: https://stonegrooverecords.bandcamp.com
Back to top Go down
metalhead777
Metal master
Metal master
metalhead777

Number of posts : 842

PostSubject: Re: Gawd, I love Doom Metal...   Doom - Gawd, I love Doom Metal... - Page 17 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 24, 2014 1:17 am

Dropping a contribution. I can still hardly believe that one of my favorite doom metal songs (vocals aside) in recent memory was made by a band known for grindcore.
Back to top Go down
powermacho
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
powermacho

Number of posts : 1778

PostSubject: Re: Gawd, I love Doom Metal...   Doom - Gawd, I love Doom Metal... - Page 17 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 24, 2014 5:12 pm

TrogDawn wrote:
the Wino legacy is always great for brain doomage as well...  growl

SAINT VITUS - Thirsty and Miserable
SAINT VITUS - Born Too Late
SAINT VITUS - Mournful Cries
SAINT VITUS - V
SAINT VITUS - Live
THE OBSESSED - The Obsessed
THE OBSESSED - Lunar Womb
THE OBSESSED - The Church Within
THE OBSESSED - Incarnate
SPIRIT CARAVAN - Jug Fulla Sun
SPIRIT CARAVAN - Elusive Truth
SPIRIT CARAVAN - Dreamwheel
SPIRIT CARAVAN - The Last Embrace
PLACE OF SKULLS - With Vision
THE HIDDEN HAND - Divine Propaganda
THE HIDDEN HAND - Mother*Teacher*Destroyer
THE HIDDEN HAND - Devoid of Colour
THE HIDDEN HAND - The Resurrection of Whiskey Foote

Doom - Gawd, I love Doom Metal... - Page 17 Thehiddenhand58
The obsessed. Saint vitus. Great Bands
Back to top Go down
powermacho
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
powermacho

Number of posts : 1778

PostSubject: Re: Gawd, I love Doom Metal...   Doom - Gawd, I love Doom Metal... - Page 17 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 24, 2014 5:17 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Love me some Trouble... some Cathedral... some Obsessed...

No other love for Cathedral? I don't think I've seen them mentioned yet.
Yeah cathedral. Place of skulls, virgin black, the obbsessed, saint vitus, Candlemass, I can't remember more bands at the moment. But thanks for bringing out cathedral out
Back to top Go down
TrogDawn
Janitor of the Void
TrogDawn

PostSubject: Re: Gawd, I love Doom Metal...   Doom - Gawd, I love Doom Metal... - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 25, 2014 4:22 pm

powermacho wrote:
TrogDawn wrote:
the Wino legacy is always great for brain doomage as well...  growl

SAINT VITUS - Thirsty and Miserable
SAINT VITUS - Born Too Late
SAINT VITUS - Mournful Cries
SAINT VITUS - V
SAINT VITUS - Live
THE OBSESSED - The Obsessed
THE OBSESSED - Lunar Womb
THE OBSESSED - The Church Within
THE OBSESSED - Incarnate
SPIRIT CARAVAN - Jug Fulla Sun
SPIRIT CARAVAN - Elusive Truth
SPIRIT CARAVAN - Dreamwheel
SPIRIT CARAVAN - The Last Embrace
PLACE OF SKULLS - With Vision
THE HIDDEN HAND - Divine Propaganda
THE HIDDEN HAND - Mother*Teacher*Destroyer
THE HIDDEN HAND - Devoid of Colour
THE HIDDEN HAND - The Resurrection of Whiskey Foote

Doom - Gawd, I love Doom Metal... - Page 17 Thehiddenhand58

The obsessed. Saint vitus. Great Bands

cool
Back to top Go down
TrogDawn
Janitor of the Void
TrogDawn

PostSubject: Re: Gawd, I love Doom Metal...   Doom - Gawd, I love Doom Metal... - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 25, 2014 4:22 pm

HELLRIDE MUSIC had great great great things to say about Old Wood & Broken Dreams by CRAWL, but don't take my word for it, read it yourself and see what Jay had to say!!

http://www.hellridemusicforums.com/forum/showthread.php?p=425619#post425619

Buy it here: http://crawl1.bandcamp.com/album/old-wood-broken-dreams

Doom - Gawd, I love Doom Metal... - Page 17 CRAWLOldWoodCover-570b
Back to top Go down
oldschooldoom
Metal novice
Metal novice
oldschooldoom

Number of posts : 80

PostSubject: Re: Gawd, I love Doom Metal...   Doom - Gawd, I love Doom Metal... - Page 17 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 12, 2014 10:12 pm

Gawd, I love Doom Metal too...
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Gawd, I love Doom Metal...   Doom - Gawd, I love Doom Metal... - Page 17 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 26, 2014 10:39 am

Any fans of Apostle of Solitude? Unbeknownst to me, they have a new album out...
Doom - Gawd, I love Doom Metal... - Page 17 91tXCIyRAKL._SL1425_

I've thoroughly enjoyed their others, so I'm looking forward to something new. Like this...

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Gawd, I love Doom Metal...   Doom - Gawd, I love Doom Metal... - Page 17 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 26, 2014 1:16 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Any fans of Apostle of Solitude? Unbeknownst to me, they have a new album out...
Doom - Gawd, I love Doom Metal... - Page 17 91tXCIyRAKL._SL1425_

I've thoroughly enjoyed their others, so I'm looking forward to something new. Like this...

Really dig these guys, yeah, but I also had no idea they had a new album out.

Sucks that Facebook chooses not to show you every post made. I have a specific feed set up for musicians/bands, yet Facebook chooses what to show me. So despite "liking" all these bands on Facebook, unless I choose the "Get Notifications" option (which would be drive me nuts), there are countless updates I never see. =(
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Gawd, I love Doom Metal...   Doom - Gawd, I love Doom Metal... - Page 17 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 26, 2014 1:26 pm

And while we're talking about Apostle of Solitude, a band that plays my favorite kind of doom, I'm going to re-post two videos...

Both of these albums are outstanding. Some of the best doom I've heard in a long time.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Gawd, I love Doom Metal...   Doom - Gawd, I love Doom Metal... - Page 17 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 26, 2014 1:50 pm

Eyesore wrote:

Really dig these guys, yeah, but I also had no idea they had a new album out.

Sucks that Facebook chooses not to show you every post made. I have a specific feed set up for musicians/bands, yet Facebook chooses what to show me. So despite "liking" all these bands on Facebook, unless I choose the "Get Notifications" option (which would be drive me nuts), there are countless updates I never see. =(

Since I'm one of only a few dozen people left on the planet that ISN'T on Facebook still, I found out through a random search while looking for another band on ebay. I saw the album cover and clicked. I don't even know when it was released. Just like in the last month or so I guess.

Metal novice
Metal novice
oldschooldoom

Number of posts : 80

PostSubject: Re: Gawd, I love Doom Metal...   Doom - Gawd, I love Doom Metal... - Page 17 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 26, 2014 5:08 pm

Apostle of Solitude is my kinda doom too. I have all of their discography except for the 2 demos. The new album is on par.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gawd, I love Doom Metal...   Doom - Gawd, I love Doom Metal... - Page 17 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Gawd, I love Doom Metal...
Page 17 of 26Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 21 ... 26  Next