Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Bloodrock

Go down 
+3
SAHB Healer
TrogDawn
ThrashedOutCobra33
7 posters
AuthorMessage
ThrashedOutCobra33
Metal master
Metal master
ThrashedOutCobra33

Number of posts : 586

Bloodrock Empty
PostSubject: Bloodrock   Bloodrock Icon_minitimeSat Apr 05, 2008 8:17 pm

This short lived but memorable band is one of my favorite rock bands I guess..D.O.A and You Gotta Roll are two of my personal favorite songs..This band didnt go to far but they did make some success.
Back to top Go down
TrogDawn
Janitor of the Void
TrogDawn

Number of posts : 3361

Bloodrock Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bloodrock   Bloodrock Icon_minitimeSat Apr 05, 2008 8:40 pm

Yep, good stuff. I have their first 3 albums: BLOODROCK, BLOODROCK 2 (which contains the aforementioned "D.O.A.", which has gotta be one of the CREEPIEST songs EVER!) and BLOODROCK 3. Great 70's period hard rock! Bloodrock 309780
Back to top Go down
https://bandcamp.com/stonegrooverecords/following
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

Bloodrock Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bloodrock   Bloodrock Icon_minitimeSun Apr 06, 2008 7:10 pm

And their last few albums (now packaged as "Tryptich") contain some of the best melodic progrock I've ever heard.
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

Bloodrock Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bloodrock   Bloodrock Icon_minitimeThu Oct 09, 2008 9:23 pm

I really dig this band. I got 1,2,3,U.S.A.,Live,Passage,Whirlwind Tongues, and Bloodrock 'n' Roll.
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

Bloodrock Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bloodrock   Bloodrock Icon_minitimeThu Oct 09, 2008 10:32 pm

Don't who this band is, but I love their name. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
criss3o
Metal student
Metal student
criss3o

Number of posts : 176

Bloodrock Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bloodrock   Bloodrock Icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2008 4:01 pm

Great ProtoMetal band! S/T,2,3 and USA are classics and I like the Prog/Jazz leanings of the later albums as well!

Melvin Laid an Egg from their debut is my personal fav!!!
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

Bloodrock Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bloodrock   Bloodrock Icon_minitimeFri Sep 06, 2019 1:53 am

"God in heaven, teach me how to die."

Hey everybody. Little bit of thread reanimation here.

So Bloodrock 2 was an album that had a big impact on my intro to metal in the early 90's. The dad of a friend of mine had it on vinyl and we (my friend and I) spun it one night out of curiosity. Mind you, I had also just heard Black Sabbath (song) for the first time minutes ago. So I was a little scarred by that alone. Anyway we really ended up enjoying the album, a rockin' good time for being 1970, right?

We get to D.O.A. Side 2. Track 7. I'm 13. My Dad had mentioned this song briefly to me at one point (hence why I opted for spinning that particular album that night), but I never really caught on to what it was about.

My buddy couldn't stomach it. Bailed halfway through the song. I remember he was sweating.

Scariest song ever. Swear to god, there is no other tune that has sent hairs on the back of my head straight like needles. I mean, the gore-drenched, existential lyrics are enough, but to layer it all on top of something I've always called Orgy of the Devil's Fifth due to the whole thing being composed of flattened fifth responses (like Black Sabbath)? These guys were fucking evil, man.

I'm writing this because I decided to spin the album again for the first time since that night. How I've forgotten it all these years is beyond me. It's waaaaaaay ahead of its time despite the dated (yet FULL) production. The guitars are roaring, up front, and the groove section is unbelievably with it. There are great flourishes of theatrics and bombast throughout, kind of unapologetic like Uriah Heep. The keys are nice and heavy. Fallin' is an insane proto-metal song that is just as heavy as what Priest ended up doing seven years later or so. Seriously, check that riff out! It's a thick party album with energy and balls to boot.

And then there's this song...hearing it again, in the dark, after so long. Still got that existential dread, hoping to sleep a little tonight.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Bloodrock Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bloodrock   Bloodrock Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bloodrock
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: