Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

BLACK SABBATH! - Vol. 4

Go down 
+3
EvyMetal
rattpoison
Fat Freddy
7 posters
AuthorMessage

BLACK SABBATH! - Vol. 4 Empty
PostSubject: BLACK SABBATH! - Vol. 4   BLACK SABBATH! - Vol. 4 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 02, 2008 5:50 am

To me this is one of my favorite bands ever. Tony Iommi and Geezer Butler rule when it comes to writing music. Ozzy rules with this band(though he was ok on his first two studio solo albums with Randy). Volume 4 was my favorite from the time I bought it. I'be bought other by them since and stil is one of my favorites. Wheels of confusion to Under the sun. It kicks ass. Now, The bass is what touches me on black sabbath albums, and especially on songs like Under the Sun. Snowblind is another one of my favs, along with Tomorrows' dream. Great album, another words. Anybody else like this album alot.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37868

PostSubject: Re: BLACK SABBATH! - Vol. 4   BLACK SABBATH! - Vol. 4 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 02, 2008 8:42 am

Vol. 4 is good stuff, though when it comes to Ozzy era Sab I think SABOTAGE is my all time fave. But as the saying goes, "it's all good."

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BLACK SABBATH! - Vol. 4   BLACK SABBATH! - Vol. 4 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 02, 2008 2:13 pm

Why aren't threads like this put in the regular forum?
Back to top Go down
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

Number of posts : 2682

PostSubject: Re: BLACK SABBATH! - Vol. 4   BLACK SABBATH! - Vol. 4 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 02, 2008 5:40 pm

The Heaviest record i've ever heard in the true sense of the word.
Back to top Go down
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

PostSubject: Re: BLACK SABBATH! - Vol. 4   BLACK SABBATH! - Vol. 4 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 03, 2008 1:01 am

Eyesore wrote:

What would the world be like if you were moderator?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BLACK SABBATH! - Vol. 4   BLACK SABBATH! - Vol. 4 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 03, 2008 6:25 pm

Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BLACK SABBATH! - Vol. 4   BLACK SABBATH! - Vol. 4 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 03, 2008 6:26 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Vol. 4 is good stuff, though when it comes to Ozzy era Sab I think SABOTAGE is my all time fave. But as the saying goes, "it's all good."

Sabotage is a great album, but for me it's just hard trying to tell witch are better out of all those albums. I mean I love them all.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BLACK SABBATH! - Vol. 4   BLACK SABBATH! - Vol. 4 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 03, 2008 11:42 pm

Great album. I've always loved "Changes". I know a lot of people think it's a stinker, but it's a great tune.
Back to top Go down
assault_attack
Metal master
Metal master
assault_attack

Number of posts : 689

PostSubject: Re: BLACK SABBATH! - Vol. 4   BLACK SABBATH! - Vol. 4 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 04, 2008 2:32 am

My only complaint about Vol.4 is the recording. I bought the Sabbath box set & truly hoped it would sound better then the original, But no change. They had the money & time when recording this lp in LA? But I think drugs were a big problem (no kidding) at the time.

Still there are some great tracks on Vol.4 I just wish it sounded better. Listen to Masters of Reality & then put on Vol.4 & see the difference.

Just my 2 cents......................
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BLACK SABBATH! - Vol. 4   BLACK SABBATH! - Vol. 4 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 04, 2008 6:03 am

EvyMetal"][wysi_quote="Eyesore wrote:

What would the world be like if you were moderator?[/quote]

lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BLACK SABBATH! - Vol. 4   BLACK SABBATH! - Vol. 4 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 04, 2008 7:02 am

get_the_firehouse wrote:
Great album. I've always loved "Changes". I know a lot of people think it's a stinker, but it's a great tune.

I love that song. It's the only song I can play on piano. happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BLACK SABBATH! - Vol. 4   BLACK SABBATH! - Vol. 4 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2008 9:44 am

fantastic album, hey I'm replying to my own reveiw!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BLACK SABBATH! - Vol. 4   BLACK SABBATH! - Vol. 4 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2008 1:11 pm

Best thrash metal album ever!
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: BLACK SABBATH! - Vol. 4   BLACK SABBATH! - Vol. 4 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2008 1:26 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Best thrash metal album ever!

humble
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BLACK SABBATH! - Vol. 4   BLACK SABBATH! - Vol. 4 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 20, 2008 5:50 pm

get_the_firehouse wrote:

I like it too. I reckon people would look at it in a better light if that shitty cover of it old man Ozzy did with his brat never existed.
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: BLACK SABBATH! - Vol. 4   BLACK SABBATH! - Vol. 4 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 21, 2008 3:12 pm

i have to admit that i never enjoyed volume 4 and sabotage as much as the other classic early albums which i love
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Number of posts : 2096

PostSubject: Re: BLACK SABBATH! - Vol. 4   BLACK SABBATH! - Vol. 4 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2008 9:22 am

Under the Sun was one of the first songs I ever sang w/a band, along w/The Shed by Rainbow, great LP! 🤘
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband

PostSubject: Re: BLACK SABBATH! - Vol. 4   BLACK SABBATH! - Vol. 4 Icon_minitimeThu May 01, 2008 10:58 am

Excellent album with one of my fav bands. Under the sun is a real killer song, heaviest song I have ever heard.
Think Master of reality is Sabbaths best album though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: BLACK SABBATH! - Vol. 4   BLACK SABBATH! - Vol. 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

BLACK SABBATH! - Vol. 4
Page 1 of 1