Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Koama

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 3367

Koama Empty
PostSubject: Koama   Koama Icon_minitimeSat Mar 29, 2008 6:18 pm

Went to see these guys last night for the second time. I'm not a real big death metal fan, but the musicianship of this band is outstanding. Tommie Gibbons is a fantastic guitar player and the bassist, Logan Wedlow is a monster shredder! He was all over an eight string bass last night.

Their first album was more thrashy, but Tommie doesn't really sing the style that well. He does much better with the death vocals. Anyone else ever hear of these Phoenix boys?

http://www.myspace.com/koama

They played with another Phoenix band named Rebirth that was a great thrash band, (I bought both of their cds) and a two man band from Oregon called Athiarchists, as well as a local band.

And I'm getting old, woke up very sooooore this morning. 🤘
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

Koama Empty
PostSubject: Re: Koama   Koama Icon_minitimeSat Mar 29, 2008 6:51 pm

Yeah Tommy is a friend of mine as is his dad Tom. Koama are an ok band, but Tommy can really shred!! Did they ever find a new drummer? Their last show with their last drummer was with us here in Vegas.
Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 3367

Koama Empty
PostSubject: Re: Koama   Koama Icon_minitimeSat Mar 29, 2008 9:28 pm

Lurideath wrote:
Yeah Tommy is a friend of mine as is his dad Tom. Koama are an ok band, but Tommy can really shred!! Did they ever find a new drummer? Their last show with their last drummer was with us here in Vegas.

Yep, Tom was there both times I've seen them as well. Cool guy.

They had a new drummer last night and he was killer! Dude was about 5 foot nothing, but he annihilated the skins, and seems as cool as heck. Tommie got behind the kit for a jam after Athiarchists' set and he was great on the drums as well.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Koama Empty
PostSubject: Re: Koama   Koama Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Koama
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: