Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Rush-Caress of Steel

Go down 
+4
stepcousin
tohostudios
Wargod
Tall Tyrion
8 posters
AuthorMessage

Rush-Caress of Steel Empty
PostSubject: Rush-Caress of Steel   Rush-Caress of Steel Icon_minitimeSat Mar 29, 2008 2:47 pm

I think that alot of people leavve this album very underated. I hear people talk about 2112 all the time, witch is a great album, but never do I hear anyone talk about Caress. I like the long epics they wrote like The necromancer. Alex's guitar was great. His solos kicked total ass. Anyone else like this album as much as me.
Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 3367

PostSubject: Re: Rush-Caress of Steel   Rush-Caress of Steel Icon_minitimeSat Mar 29, 2008 3:14 pm

One of my favorite Rush albums. They were really getting hitting their stride here, with more complex arrangements and better lyrics than on Fly By Night or the s/t. 2112 was a natural progression from this, but I agree that Caress of Steel was the better album of the two. Bastille Day is in my top five Rush songs of all time.
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: Rush-Caress of Steel   Rush-Caress of Steel Icon_minitimeSat Mar 29, 2008 3:44 pm

Of the 5 early Rush albums COS is my fav then it would FBN. I prefer early Rush over later Rush!

Wargod48
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Rush-Caress of Steel   Rush-Caress of Steel Icon_minitimeSat Mar 29, 2008 3:49 pm

My third favorite Rush album but it contains one of my favorite Rush songs, "Lakeside Park".

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stepcousin

Number of posts : 1268

PostSubject: Re: Rush-Caress of Steel   Rush-Caress of Steel Icon_minitimeSat Mar 29, 2008 10:12 pm

I hate this album...... Rush-Caress of Steel 19976

<<<

<<<

just kidding Very Happy
Back to top Go down
mr.electric39
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

Number of posts : 1828

PostSubject: Re: Rush-Caress of Steel   Rush-Caress of Steel Icon_minitimeSat Mar 29, 2008 11:45 pm

Would you believe it was the first Rush album I'd ever heard... 1981.... I loved it and the rest for me is history...

Rush fanatic....

I love the 'Fountain of Lamenth' in particular.... 'No One At the Bridge' is simply a brilliant piece of mood music for me....

When they played 'Bastille Day' in the R30 overture I about died!!! AWESOME!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com
spiritoradio
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
spiritoradio

Number of posts : 1510

PostSubject: Re: Rush-Caress of Steel   Rush-Caress of Steel Icon_minitimeSun Mar 30, 2008 1:50 am

Great album, great album...I Think I'm Going Bald.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=profile&id=507304580

PostSubject: Re: Rush-Caress of Steel   Rush-Caress of Steel Icon_minitimeSun Mar 30, 2008 10:41 am

One of my favorite songs by them is on this album. The fountain of Lamneth. It just takes me to a place that I've never been too before. I remember when I first heard it, I didn't like listen to a different band for a couple weeks or so. I would rank this album higher than both Fly By Night and 2112, and maybe even their debut, but AFTK was a great album too you gotta say. When they started getting into the keyboards more than guitar period, I stopped listening.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Rush-Caress of Steel   Rush-Caress of Steel Icon_minitimeSun Mar 30, 2008 10:52 am

Quote :
When they started getting into the keyboards more than guitar period, I stopped listening.

Bingo! Same here. But my favorite Rush album will always be 2112.

Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Rush-Caress of Steel   Rush-Caress of Steel Icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2008 8:40 pm

I knew stepcousin would be all over this. Excellent album,btw!!
Back to top Go down
stepcousin
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stepcousin

Number of posts : 1268

PostSubject: Re: Rush-Caress of Steel   Rush-Caress of Steel Icon_minitimeTue Apr 01, 2008 10:27 am

the sentinel wrote:
I knew stepcousin would be all over this. Excellent album,btw!!

yeah, I love this album. So overlooked, even by the band themselves. When they toured off this album they named the tour "The Down The Tubes Tour" and they played The Necromancer in its entirety only on this tour. During the next 2 years they would play just part 3 of the Necromancer and by 1977 they had stopped playing anything from this album except for the mainstay "Bastille Day". Its a shame they never ever played Fountain Of Lamneth in its entirety or even parts of it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rush-Caress of Steel   Rush-Caress of Steel Icon_minitimeSat Apr 05, 2008 3:46 pm

Hell yeah!! Rush is one of my favorite prog rock band along with Yes and caress of steel is such a good album!! but Hemispheres is better than this in my opinion is more progressive and The tree wow the best!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rush-Caress of Steel   Rush-Caress of Steel Icon_minitimeSat Apr 05, 2008 3:48 pm

The trees does rule by a Iron Fist my friend, and Heispheres is a good album. I think A farewell to kings and Hemispheres is both better thean Caress of steel. I just seem to think it can be under-ated some timed.
Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

PostSubject: Re: Rush-Caress of Steel   Rush-Caress of Steel Icon_minitimeSat Apr 05, 2008 6:35 pm

The Trees is one of my least favorite Rush songs. Too heavy-handed with the metaphors for my taste. I laugh everytime I hear it.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Rush-Caress of Steel   Rush-Caress of Steel Icon_minitimeSat Apr 05, 2008 6:38 pm

I like Trees but I agree that the lyrics are pretty ponderous.

Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

PostSubject: Re: Rush-Caress of Steel   Rush-Caress of Steel Icon_minitimeSat Apr 05, 2008 9:13 pm

tohostudios wrote:
I like Trees but I agree that the lyrics are pretty ponderous.

Neil Peart stated that there are no metaphors behind it. He said that he saw a comic strip with two trees fighting and that's how he got the lyric ideas. Nothing about slavery or white vs. black race wars.

lol!
Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

PostSubject: Re: Rush-Caress of Steel   Rush-Caress of Steel Icon_minitimeSat Apr 05, 2008 11:09 pm

EvyMetal wrote:

Neil Peart stated that there are no metaphors behind it.

Yeah, and I saw Paul McCartney say that The Beatles had no idea the initials of Lucy in the Sky with Diamond were LSD. lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rush-Caress of Steel   Rush-Caress of Steel Icon_minitimeSun Apr 06, 2008 9:18 pm

lol!

I like trees though. It brings laughter.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rush-Caress of Steel   Rush-Caress of Steel Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rush-Caress of Steel
Page 1 of 1