Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Band Name Thievery/Duplication

Go down 
+9
James B.
mc666
sovdat
Fat Freddy
Temple of Blood
Required Fields
DeathCult
tohostudios
TrogDawn
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

Band Name Thievery/Duplication - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Band Name Thievery/Duplication   Band Name Thievery/Duplication - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 29, 2008 9:18 pm

mc666 wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
The REAL Slaughter? Pffft! That's a joke. The Canadian Slaughter released ONE full-length album on some obscure label. Do you honestly think that in 1988 when Mark Slaughter formed Slaughter that he knew about some ridiculously obscure Canadian band that had only released demos at that point? Of course not!

If a band wants no other band using their name, they should pay for those rights, which the Canadian Slaughter clearly didn't do. So the REAL Slaughter is actually the hard rock Slaughter.
they were both real & i liked them both.
Well, I was basically going on the legal side of things. Haha.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Band Name Thievery/Duplication   Band Name Thievery/Duplication - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 30, 2008 8:23 am

I think people forget that before internet, there wasn't all that easy to know all the bands out there. Today all you have to do is a quick Google search, or head over th the Metal Archive website, and you'' quickly find out if you are "stealing" another bands name.

There are multiple

Warlord
Deliverance
Witchhammer
Martyr
Armageddon
Brainstorm
Vengeance
Leviathan

etc.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

PostSubject: Re: Band Name Thievery/Duplication   Band Name Thievery/Duplication - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 30, 2008 7:01 pm

I think there have been at least three bands called Tempest, maybe more. The one I know is the Jon Hiseman proggy rockers from the early 70's.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Band Name Thievery/Duplication   Band Name Thievery/Duplication - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2008 11:19 am

hahahaha, i'll blame my self for this.... i just remembered that 2 of my alltime favorite bands are oracle. oracle from california and oracle from florida,hahaha. great, real US metal.... there's one also oracle from europe(but they suck,hahahaha).....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Band Name Thievery/Duplication   Band Name Thievery/Duplication - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2008 11:26 am

VaInYTiTtz!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Band Name Thievery/Duplication   Band Name Thievery/Duplication - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2008 2:36 pm

spectrefate wrote:
VaInYTiTtz!!!!!!

There is only one humble
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Band Name Thievery/Duplication   Band Name Thievery/Duplication - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2008 2:39 pm

Yes, there can be only one......

but I thought it ws Christopher Lambert? scratch

Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Band Name Thievery/Duplication   Band Name Thievery/Duplication - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2008 3:07 pm

There was a band that used my bands name. Spelled it the same way. We checked all around the web and never came up with anything so we went through all the legal stuff and as soon as we put our website www.phoenixreign.com up a week later another band put up their site www.phoenix-reign.com. so we wrote them and they finally changed their name not too long after. and guess what they changed it to.... Phoenix Rain

Oh and Slaughter is awesome by the way, and not that fake one album Slaughter either. Im talkin about the Reaaaaal Slaughter Razz UP ALL NIGHT!! SLEEP ALL DAY! THATS RAWGHT!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Band Name Thievery/Duplication   Band Name Thievery/Duplication - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Band Name Thievery/Duplication
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2