Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Moonlyght

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Moonlyght Empty
PostSubject: Moonlyght   Moonlyght Icon_minitimeSat Mar 29, 2008 3:41 am

Any fans of this band? They're labeled as a folk metal band, but I don't know if that's entirely accurate. However, it's not completely off base, so we'll roll with it.

Anyway, I found their last album, Progressive Darkness, in the $2 bin at Nuggets in Boston and loved it. Very dynamic album, mixing death metal, power metal, black metal, folk metal. It's a great album, especially for those like me who can't really get into front-to-back black or death metal albums.

Their latest album was just released, limited to 1,000 copies, and will be the band's last album. The samples on MySpace sound awesome! I don't know how popular this band is, but 1,000 copies may sell out. I just ordered my copy tonight.

http://www.myspace.com/moonlyght

🤘
Back to top Go down
Mglaffas81
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

Number of posts : 2256

Moonlyght Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moonlyght   Moonlyght Icon_minitimeSat Mar 29, 2008 3:56 am

I like them quite a bit. I met the guys from TYR at a show in Iceland a few years back, and Terji Skibenaes (the guitarist/singer) knew the guys in the band - I got a burnt CDR copy of Progressive Darkness, and it was quite interesting - Can't say I am a sucker for any form of Black/Death metal, but these guys are more melodic, and shall I say..... "musical" than the hordes of Black Metal outfits out there - The vocals don't sound like a Demon posessed by a nine year-old girl, which is also a plus. Great Band with lots of potential.
Back to top Go down

Moonlyght Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moonlyght   Moonlyght Icon_minitimeSat Mar 29, 2008 3:58 am

True. They're definitely more musical, or dynamic, than the droves of boring black metal outfits out there. Lots of potential, indeed. Too bad they decided to break up.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Moonlyght Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moonlyght   Moonlyght Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Moonlyght
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: